Harvey Weinstein

maqroll

Borrowed from the Popbitch email, what from the list below is Tim Westwood younger than:

1/ ...Milton Keynes?
2/ ...the M1?
3/ ...ciabatta bread?
4/ ...NASA?
5/ ...Post-It Notes?
6/ ...BBC2?
7/ ...the Victoria Line?
8/ ...the 50-starred American flag?
9/ ...Barbie?
10/...the 50p coin?

Spoiler

Tim Westwood is older than all of them

Edited by ml1dch
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Spacey in court today.

There's something odd about someone quite so famous internationally potentially looking at prison time in the UK, and still actually turning up. I suspect the advice from any US lawyer would be to never set foot in the UK again.

• Like 3

When I was at University, the mom of a guy at my halls (he was going to be my housemate in second year but he ended up dropping out) was some sort of event planner, fairly high end events as I understood it.

As a result he used to tag along to some of the events and get a free party out of it.

He came back from one of the breaks in term and told us he'd been to one of his mom's events, got talking to Spacey and Spacey had ended up kissing him.

He wasn't gay, but basically said "it's Kevin Spacey!" so kind of went along with it. And a kiss is all that happened. But he would have been  19 (if not 18) at the time

I always assumed it was bollocks, but he wasn't one for making stuff up, and now that all this Spacey stuff has come out it makes me wonder.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, mjmooney said:

He's got 30! 

I've probably shared this on here before, but I played the MTV Awards in Miami back in 2005.

Lined up outside R-Kelly's back stage dressing room were at least 10 girls, none of whom were older than 14. Although they were all made up and wearing skimpy outfits.

It was really weird at the time knowing absolutely nothing about him - of course now it seems obvious. I wish they would also go after the enablers and Kelly's "handlers" who must have been complicit in rounding up girls for him - same as Ghislaine Maxwell.

Edited by TheAuthority
  • Sad 2

On 16/06/2022 at 10:19, Davkaus said:

He presumably had the advice that he was very unlikely to escape extradition if he tried to avoid the trial.

Even then why not try, nothing lose by fighting extradition for a while. It's not like he's stuck for money. Must be confident there's not enough evidence for a conviction. 

Edited by villa89

9 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

I've probably shared this on here before, but I played the MTV Awards in Miami back in 2005.

Lined up outside R-Kelly's back stage dressing room were at least 10 girls, none of whom were older than 14. Although they were all made up and wearing skimpy outfits.

It was really weird at the time knowing absolutely nothing about him - of course now it seems obvious. I wish they would also go after the enablers and Kelly's "handlers" who must have been complicit in rounding up girls for him - same as Ghislaine Maxwell.

It’s one of the things I often wonder when hearing stories like this, and what was going on in Rotherham etc… where TF are the parents? 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

When I was doing my rounds for various companies I ended up staying in the hotels that bands/performers tended to stay in, I saw plenty of 'kids' ushered in and out of rooms/spas quite often, it all looked like a very well oiled machine and something that was accepted as normal.

MTV awards! wtf!

• Sad 1

10 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

The sad thing is it’s likely the number of celebrities who’ve gotten away with similar far far outweighs those we know about.

Edited by a m ole
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, Genie said:

It’s one of the things I often wonder when hearing stories like this, and what was going on in Rotherham etc… where TF are the parents? 

As highlighted in the Rotherham case in particular, sadly there are a very large number of vulnerable children out there that don't have the care they deserve and the homes that they are taken to don't have the support they need to make sure that they are able to look after them properly. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, a m ole said:

The sad thing is it’s likely the number of celebrities who’ve gotten away with similar far far outweighs those we know about.

Absolutely standard practice with 1970s rock stars, to the point that they bragged about it, and it produced no more than a snigger from the media or the general public. Jagger, Plant, Page, Gillan... even Van Morrison (several of the songs on the legendary 'Astral Weeks' are about schoolgirls). And this song lyric ('Forbidden Fruit') from Roy Harper: 

Baby, won't you play with me ?
Games that no one else can see ?
Leanin' over out my window
Flashing me a mini flower show

Steal away from mummy, oh there's my little girl
On the pillow of my tummy give my hair a curl
Run your fingers under and over, make us a little pool
And don't forget about tomorrow in the same place after school

Baby, make me calm your fears
Let me hold your thirteen years
In between the silky, love me
Race my heart and let my tongue rest