Harvey Weinstein

maqroll

51 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

At least Alice Cooper didn't take himself seriously. 

Whenever I’ve seen him give an interview (which isn’t too often, in fairness), I always think he comes across as the nicest bloke. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, cyrusr said:

Will be interesting to see if anything else comes out of the woodwork with previous partners etc. 

There were three or four women that issued statements in a similar format on their Instagram (and probably other social media) pages last night. In each of the cases they report that he starts out with a caring, romantic approach which then descends quickly into abuse - often in public.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...

She'll be going on the suicide watch wing. In the cell with the rope, hooks, razor blades, cyanide pill storage container, faulty generator with pipe, exposed wiring and Avi who likes to choke things, with 'constant' monitoring of it's dodgy CCTV by Ed, who likes to sleep and take regular long cigarette breaks.

• Like 1

Let us take time to remember this utterly bizarre Rachel Johnson piece in The Spectator only 7 weeks ago

It’s hard not to pity Ghislaine Maxwell

It’s hard not to feel a batsqueak of pity for Ghislaine Maxwell — 500 days and counting in solitary confinement. I intersected briefly with her at Oxford. As a fresher I wandered into Balliol JCR one day in search of its subsidised breakfast granola-and-Nescafé offering and found a shiny glamazon with naughty eyes holding court astride a table, a high-heeled boot resting on my brother Boris’s thigh. She gave me a pitying glance but I did manage to snag an invite to her party in Headington Hill Hall — even though I wasn't in the same college as her and Boris. I have a memory of her father, Bob, coming out in a towelling robe and telling us all to go home. I’m sure fairweather friends would not reveal they went to a Ghislaine Maxwell party: as Barbara Amiel’s brilliant memoir Friends and Enemies proves, you only know who your real chums are when you’re in the gutter.

Not only was it an utterly strange thing to put in print such a short time before a trial where most people knew what the outcome would be but it also makes a connection between the Prime Minister and Maxwell. I don't think it'l have much bearing on anything but that connection will always be there and if the USA come in more forcefully for Prince Andrew at a later date, it may provoke some more interesting and uncomfortable questions.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

A civil case filed in the US alleges that the prince sexually abused Ms Giuffre - then known as Virginia Roberts - at Maxwell's London home, and at Epstein's homes in Manhattan and Little St James in the Virgin Islands.

The motion filed by Ms Giuffre's lawyers calls on Prince Andrew to supply "all documents concerning your alleged medical condition of anhidrosis, hypohidrosis, or your inability to sweat".

Prince Andrew's lawyers said he objected to the request "on the grounds that it is harassing and seeks confidential and private information and documents that are irrelevant, immaterial and not reasonably calculated to lead to the discovery of admissible evidence". 

They added that Prince Andrew had no such documents in his possession to hand over.

BBC

bad run of luck for Andy, no records he had a medical condition, and no staff or customers in the pizza place recall seeing a prince.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-59861831

Prince Andrew accuser’s 2009 deal with Jeffrey Epstein made public

irginia Giuffre agreed not to sue anyone connected to Jeffrey Epstein who could be described as a "potential defendant", a 2009 damages settlement against the sex offender shows.

The document, disclosed by a New York court, reveals the financier paid her $500,000 (£371,000) to end her claim.

Ms Giuffre is suing the Duke of York in a civil case for allegedly sexually assaulting her when she was a teenager.

He has consistently denied the claims.

Ms Giuffre alleges that 20 years ago she was trafficked to the prince by Epstein and Ghislaine Maxwell.

The document was released ahead of a critical hearing on Tuesday in the civil case involving Prince Andrew.

The prince's lawyers say this previously-secret 2009 deal means she cannot sue him - because she agreed to end all legal action against anyone connected to the offender who could be described as a "potential defendant".

Epstein died in prison in 2019, while Maxwell was last week convicted of recruiting and trafficking young girls to be abused by the late financier.

But Ms Giuffre's legal team say the terms of the Florida settlement are irrelevant to her case against the Prince - which alleges sexual abuse by the royal in New York, London and the US Virgin Islands.

As a PR exercise, Andy is going to end up in all the text books, isn’t he?

Ha! You can’t sue me, I’m an associate of convicted paedo’s and sex traffickers and you promised not to sue their close freinds.

No wonder every now and again the royals realise they need some fresh blood in the gene pool, the man is a **** moron.

• 3 months later...

Tim Westwood the latest to find himself in trouble.

The renowned DJ Tim Westwood has been accused of sexual misconduct by multiple women who claim he misused his position in the music industry to take advantage of them.

Three women have accused the DJ of opportunistic and predatory sexual behaviour, while four others allege they were groped by him at events.

The women, who were in their late teens or early 20s when they say the incidents happened, described their experiences to the Guardian and BBC News as part of a joint investigation into the former BBC Radio 1 DJ.

The earliest alleged incident took place in 1992; the most recent in 2017.

Guardian link

Â