Harvey Weinstein

maqroll

1 hour ago, mjmooney said:

Absolutely standard practice with 1970s rock stars, to the point that they bragged about it, and it produced no more than a snigger from the media or the general public. Jagger, Plant, Page, Gillan... even Van Morrison (several of the songs on the legendary 'Astral Weeks' are about schoolgirls). And this song lyric ('Forbidden Fruit') from Roy Harper: 

Baby, won't you play with me ?
Games that no one else can see ?
Leanin' over out my window
Flashing me a mini flower show

Steal away from mummy, oh there's my little girl
On the pillow of my tummy give my hair a curl
Run your fingers under and over, make us a little pool
And don't forget about tomorrow in the same place after school

Baby, make me calm your fears
Let me hold your thirteen years
In between the silky, love me
Race my heart and let my tongue rest

Oh baby I can feel you, see my thunderburst
Melting us together in the plains of magic thirst
We can be forever and ever, watching the water fall
Floating in the lake of all peace after love and after all

Yup. There’s an aspect of ‘the times’, but people like Bowie, Marvin Gaye have a societal pass. This is just worldwide famous people too, I know of people in bands who did small UK tours who were in their late 20s regularly sleeping with 15, 16 year olds fans. In the 2000s.

Edited by a m ole

6 hours ago, mjmooney said:

Absolutely standard practice with 1970s rock stars, to the point that they bragged about it, and it produced no more than a snigger from the media or the general public. Jagger, Plant, Page, Gillan... even Van Morrison (several of the songs on the legendary 'Astral Weeks' are about schoolgirls). And this song lyric ('Forbidden Fruit') from Roy Harper: 

Baby, won't you play with me ?
Games that no one else can see ?
Leanin' over out my window
Flashing me a mini flower show

Steal away from mummy, oh there's my little girl
On the pillow of my tummy give my hair a curl
Run your fingers under and over, make us a little pool
And don't forget about tomorrow in the same place after school

Baby, make me calm your fears
Let me hold your thirteen years
In between the silky, love me
Race my heart and let my tongue rest

Oh baby I can feel you, see my thunderburst
Melting us together in the plains of magic thirst
Floating in the lake of all peace after love and after all

I'll never forget how creeped out I was first time I heard Christine 16 by Kiss. 

"She drives me crazy

I want to give her what I've got
And she's hot every day and night
There is no doubt about it

I don't usually say things
Like this to girls your age
(Christine, sixteen)
But when I saw you coming
Out of the school that day
That day I knew, I knew
I've got to have you, I've got to have you
(Christine, sixteen)

She's been around
But she's young and clean
I've got to have her
Can't live without her, whoa no

Christine, sixteen
Christine, sixteen."

"Ladies of the Road" by King Crimson (Pete Sinfield/Robert Fripp, 1971) 

A flower lady's daughter
As sweet as holy water
Said, "I'm the school reporter
Please teach me", well I taught her
Two fingered levi'd sister
Said, "Peace", I stopped I kissed her
Said, "I'm a male resister",
I smiled and just unzipped her
High diving Chinese trender
Black hair and black suspender
Said, "Please me no surrender
Just love to feel your Fender"
All of you know that the girls of the road
Are like apples you stole in your youth
Been around but are versed in the truth
Stone-headed Frisco spacer
Ate all the meat I gave her
Said would I like to taste hers
And even craved the flavor
"Like marron-glaced fish bones
Oh lady hit the road!"
Are like apples you stole in your youth
Been around but are versed in the truth

Edited by mjmooney

• 2 weeks later...
50 minutes ago, ml1dch said:

It is illegal in the UK to have sex with a 14-year-old

What if both parties are 14? Are they both guilty of the crime of exploiting each other? 

8 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

What if both parties are 14? Are they both guilty of the crime of exploiting each other? 

Although my corrupted search history would indicate otherwise, I'm afraid this isn't something I'm an an authority on!

1 hour ago, ml1dch said:

The BBC also clarify, for those unsure:

It is illegal in the UK to have sex with a 14-year-old

Well, we all know this, but have they tried putting it in their employee handbook?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ml1dch said:

And even more trouble.

The BBC also clarify, for those unsure:

Edit: in copying that into this post, my finger slipped and I copied it into the search bar. Now "did you mean 'is it illegal to have sex with a 14 year old?'"  proudly appears in my search history. Just posting this here for evidence in the inevitable court case.

IIRC Adam Johnson googled something similar and it was used in his court case too.

Good luck buddy, I hope you get a nice cell mate.

• Thanks 1

On 13/07/2022 at 19:11, mjmooney said:

It's probably the kind of thing that legally can differ subtly from country to country but a case I remember from the good old US of A was that it's the boy who tends to be in the wrong regardles of age. We're the predator in those situations. Even when underage. Rightly or wrongly.

3 hours ago, BOF said:

It's probably the kind of thing that legally can differ subtly from country to country but a case I remember from the good old US of A was that it's the boy who tends to be in the wrong regardles of age. We're the predator in those situations. Even when underage. Rightly or wrongly.

The boy would likely be seen as the main perpetrator as you say. From a legal POV in the UK a woman/girl cannot rape a man as they don't have the required anatomy. 

On 29/06/2022 at 16:53, ender4 said:

Will he actually serve time or will it be one of these cases where he gets celebrity lawyers to keep appealing for years?

He'll do hard time. There's no more wiggle room for him. 

• Like 1

Oh God ... I was supposed to be going to the Spa Grand Prix with an ex work colleague. He suddenly told us the other day he might not be able to make it. Today I learn he's been jailed for over three years for talking to girls in chat rooms and having illegal images. Jesus Christ. I'm not really processing this very well... Especially having a small daughter of my own.

This has all come totally out of the blue.

• Shocked 4

Just now, Lichfield Dean said:

Oh God ... I was supposed to be going to the Spa Grand Prix with an ex work colleague. He suddenly told us the other day he might not be able to make it. Today I learn he's been jailed for over three years for talking to girls in chat rooms and having illegal images. Jesus Christ. I'm not really processing this very well... Especially having a small daughter of my own.

This has all come totally out of the blue.

If it's any consolation my nans husband was arrested last year in telford as part of one of those internet stings, so that was hilarious for the family. Only upside is my nan is dead and he doesn't have the same surname. 

• Sad 3

19 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

If it's any consolation my nans husband was arrested last year in telford as part of one of those internet stings, so that was hilarious for the family. Only upside is my nan is dead and he doesn't have the same surname. 

It's just incomprehensible to me. All of it. The scale of it all is concerning me a lot more now. I figured it was a rare thing, but now I'm wondering...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

A few years back a male teacher ran off to France with an underage pupil. It was on the news for a bit.

Anyway he had the same surname as a female friend of mine. Not a very common name but not exactly rare either.

I saw her at work and mentioned the story and jokingly said "Any relation? :D "

It was. 

BE_FVa2CAAAiRhm.jpg

☎️ How’s Elaine, she left you yet?

Ok then, bye

She has left him, I forgot about that.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

One of my moms cousins (male) was caught having images of children on his computer. 

I was never really exposed to it until my late teens (we never really had much to do with him or his family, apart from weddings etc once a blue moon). 

BUT he did fit my mom and dads bedroom furniture and I was left on my own with him for a week or so when I was 14-16.. But.. I guess I was too old for him.. 

Anyhow, he was caught when someone saw some printed images on some paper in a skip.. The paper he printed it on had his business/address as a header/footer - so they handed it in, the police got in touch, got his PC and bingo.

What makes it sad is that when he did get caught, he had a young boy (would have been about 3/4) of his own with his wife..  He went to prison for a period, she stood by him and they moved away under protection - changed their name and everything. 

Hopefully he's been reprogrammed or whatever.. But he swore that it was a one off thing, but you can never be sure. 

Â