Harvey Weinstein

maqroll

2 hours ago, Genie said:

Thing that surprises me with these things, I bet there was no shortage of hot young girls who'd consensually hop into bed with him to get a "leg up" on their acting careers. Why resort to forcing yourself on people?

Even in the dynamic you propose there is a lot of scope for the women who consent to sex for a 'leg up' in their acting career to be treated in a manner they don't enjoy and even regret. Just because there is little chance of legal ramifications for someone who treats someone else poorly doesn't mean there isn't long lasting consequences for people, or their actions are therefore free from being toxic or abusive. Someone who is agreeable and consenting to certain actions taking place and gets involved in something beyond what they understand, expected or imagined has to learn the hard way, and sometimes lose their innocence along the way as a result, it doesn't change the fact that the experience can have far reaching detrimental impacts. I'm not trying to suggest blame or responsibility lies on a certain side in these scenarios, my opinion isn't what I want to highlight here, I want to say that it's not as black and white or simple as an influential man being able to have his way with hot young women, and it's sad that as a culture we cultivate such a belief system like it's out the bible to a devout religious type.

Chemistry and relationships and the whole dynamic of life is a lot more complex than what the law determines permissible and acceptable, people oftentimes pretend to get by.

"Why won't people just do whatever they can get away with?"

"She said okay to it, so let the rich man have his way, regardless of how he goes about it from the point of consent"

The world is a bit more complex and deep in it's ways than abuse of power.

Humans for all our intelligence and knowledge are reaping what we sow, I think. From a leadership and authoritative perspective we are at the height of arrogance and conceit.

Hi @A'Villan I agree with you, just because someone consents to some sexual activity its doesn't mean everything is on the table and they should not be trated with dignity and respect. I wasn't suggesting that. My post was purely coming from the angle that despite him being overweight, sleazy, ugly and middle aged he probably wouldn't have struggled to find a willing participant in some sexual activity. As was pointed out by the other posters, it many cases these kind of people don't force themselves on others for the sexual gratification, its a power thing (which I didn't previously consider).

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Genie said:

Hi @A'Villan I agree with you, just because someone consents to some sexual activity its doesn't mean everything is on the table and they should not be trated with dignity and respect. I wasn't suggesting that. My post was purely coming from the angle that despite him being overweight, sleazy, ugly and middle aged he probably wouldn't have struggled to find a willing participant in some sexual activity. As was pointed out by the other posters, it many cases these kind of people don't force themselves on others for the sexual gratification, its a power thing (which I didn't previously consider).

The casting couch is a powerful thing.

• 2 weeks later...

Harvey Weinstein has tested positive for coronavirus while at Wende Correctional Facility in New York.

He might actually be sick this time unlike when he did his little act during the trial.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, sne said:

Harvey Weinstein has tested positive for coronavirus while at Wende Correctional Facility in New York.

The last 3 years of his life would make a great film,  if only he knew someone to make it.  If he could get unexplainable Bad Aids then that would make a nice ending to what already would be a roller coaster adventure ride the silly word removed.  Harsh,  not really,  he was messing about with peoples daughters or granddaughters.  I have some of them so **** him,  hope it hurts.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mjmooney said:

Wow. That's a surprise. Won't play well with #metoo. 

Mostly female jury as well. Must be something damning in the background that caused every claim to be dismissed. 

3 hours ago, mjmooney said:

Wow. That's a surprise. Won't play well with #metoo. 

Was able to throw doubt on everything. The key case with the most heinous alleged acts had a witness dismiss the idea the accuser was there, and other evidence stating the accuser was on record saying she would be happy to work with Salmond again after the weekend incident. Salmond then salted the earth on that one by positing that the accuser has felt spurned when he didn't support a personal political project she had.

Most of the other allegations are him being... 'handsy'... which are very hard to prove and, again, doubt was thrown over it all.

I'm fairly sure there's skeletons in his ample closet, but the case here was relying on one big incident and a bunch of lesser actions. And the big incident had a weak case. 

• 10 months later...

Marilyn Manson named by Evan Rachel Wood as the one who abused her and also being accused by a couple more women.

Already been dropped by his record label.

Edited by sne

56 minutes ago, sne said:

Marilyn Manson named by Evan Rachel Wood as the one who abused her and also being accused by a couple more women.

Given what she has said previously, it didn't take much for people to put 2 & 2 together to get to him (as has been alluded to a lot). 

Will be interesting to see if anything else comes out of the woodwork with previous partners etc. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sne said:

But he looks like such a nice boy. 

• Haha 2

Not sure where I stand on the Marilyn Manson one.....I mean if you were looking for a nice, normal boyfriend / relationship you wouldn’t go near Marilyn Manson,

I’m sure at 18 she was impressionable, as we all are/were, there’s a ton of things I did at 18 that I wouldn’t do now.

If he is/was a really bad person then fair enough but I’m not convinced, interesting that Rose McGowan, whilst ‘standing with the accusers’ (because, well, she has to right?) has said he ‘wasn’t like that’ when they were together.

Â