Villa Podcasts

Hornso

5 hours ago, It's Your Round said:

I listened earlier this week, I enjoyed it @omariqy. You’ll find ways to improve as you record more episodes. The little quiz at the end was good, so mixing in a few features like that will bring something different. There’s a lot of podcasts out there that do the standard match review and preview stuff, if you can come up with some new content, that will set you apart. Mixing up the guests and adding some fun will help. 

But like I say it was pretty good for a first attempt, you come across well. 

Thank you mate. Appreciate the feedback and tips.

4 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

@omariqy the music you play at the start, have you got a license to play it? I remember hearing other podcasts have got In trouble for using music as not paying for it. Sometimes it has to be an original.

I don't as I just got it from a youtube video. I thought maybe as the audio was instrumental only it might be ok. I know a few musicians so can get something original done if need be. 

10 minutes ago, omariqy said:

Guys can I ask a massive favour.  If you listen to or have access to podcasts via apple then please can you subscribe and give the pod a rating. Obviously a 5 star rating would be greatly appreciated!

https://podcasts.apple.com/gb/podcast/the-villa-talks-podcast/id1532367840

We have a VT episode lined up with @TrentVilla and @NurembergVillan to talk about kits, ITK wars, Gregg Evans and just general Villa chat. 

I am also planning on having various VT guests on in the upcoming weeks including @Stevo985 @Nigel @Villan4Life @avfcDJ amongst others! Please shout if you think you can bring something to the pod.

We also have a competition running via twitter so please get involved. There will be plenty more prizes to be won over the season and we are doing a massive live youtube Xmas Villa quiz for the guests who win their weekly challenge.

You need me on it because everyone else is a talentless word removed.

11 minutes ago, omariqy said:

Guys can I ask a massive favour.  If you listen to or have access to podcasts via apple then please can you subscribe and give the pod a rating. Obviously a 5 star rating would be greatly appreciated!

https://podcasts.apple.com/gb/podcast/the-villa-talks-podcast/id1532367840

We have a VT episode lined up with @TrentVilla and @NurembergVillan to talk about kits, ITK wars, Gregg Evans and just general Villa chat. 

I am also planning on having various VT guests on in the upcoming weeks including @Stevo985 @Nigel @Villan4Life @avfcDJ amongst others! Please shout if you think you can bring something to the pod.

We also have a competition running via twitter so please get involved. There will be plenty more prizes to be won over the season and we are doing a massive live youtube Xmas Villa quiz for the guests who win their weekly challenge.

All done mate 👍 keep up the good work

• Thanks 1

On 18/09/2020 at 14:42, omariqy said:

Please do let me know your feedback. What was good and what could improve. Bare in mind that we tried to be fairly serious and analytical with the first one and the nonsense/banter will come in future episodes when we have things to debate.

Also for the VT episode - would love some ideas on what we should cover. We can do a straightforward weekly review and talk whats happened in that week or we can take a more nostalgic look at VT!

Thanks a lot for that, I enjoyed it much and recommend it for you who haven't listend yet. Very professional, and I think the delivery and the way the discussion was managed was really good, the same with the interaction between the persons speaking. I think it can be as good as any football podcast out there.

I thought about a couple of things that would improve it for me, but that's of course just my personal opinion based on my own preferences. For me 1 h is a bit long as I already spend too much time on football, 30-40 mins would suit at least me better. I was also thinking about perhaps focusing more on one topic and go deeper into that topic. No doubt you and your guests have immense knowledge about Villa, I bet you have a lot of anecdotes and lesser known facts outside of what's in the regular media. I'd love to take part of that together with your opinions.

Regarding topics there are many I'd find interesting.

For example discussing and going deeper into Tony Xia, like the speculation about his background and where the money actually came from, there sure are loads of anecdotes about him. It would also be interesting with topics where you discuss tactics and formations, compared to how we have played previously under other managers for example. Another topic that would be fun not at least for us supporters from abroad could be to have episodes about Villa players from different parts of the world, for example about all players from South America or Scandinavia or France etc that have played for us over the years. It would also be fun if you talked about ledgendary Villa players, for us who started following Villa in the 90's it would be fun to know more about the great players before that. If not a whole episode perhaps players from a specific part of the world or historical players could be a short reoccuring part in some episodes.

A VT episode sounds fun as well, you could perhaps also cover what other forums there are out there and how VT differ, as a mailing list nostalgic it would be fun if you drew parallells to the good old mailing list as well as it imo was a bit of a forerunner to VT.

Lastly - I listened on Spotify, but couldn't find it at first when I just used the search function, it was first when I used the link you sent that it appeared. Don't know if others have noticed the same.

7 minutes ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

Thanks a lot for that, I enjoyed it much and recommend it for you who haven't listend yet. Very professional, and I think the delivery and the way the discussion was managed was really good, the same with the interaction between the persons speaking. I think it can be as good as any football podcast out there.

I thought about a couple of things that would improve it for me, but that's of course just my personal opinion based on my own preferences. For me 1 h is a bit long as I already spend too much time on football, 30-40 mins would suit at least me better. I was also thinking about perhaps focusing more on one topic and go deeper into that topic. No doubt you and your guests have immense knowledge about Villa, I bet you have a lot of anecdotes and lesser known facts outside of what's in the regular media. I'd love to take part of that together with your opinions.

Regarding topics there are many I'd find interesting.

For example discussing and going deeper into Tony Xia, like the speculation about his background and where the money actually came from, there sure are loads of anecdotes about him. It would also be interesting with topics where you discuss tactics and formations, compared to how we have played previously under other managers for example. Another topic that would be fun not at least for us supporters from abroad could be to have episodes about Villa players from different parts of the world, for example about all players from South America or Scandinavia or France etc that have played for us over the years. It would also be fun if you talked about ledgendary Villa players, for us who started following Villa in the 90's it would be fun to know more about the great players before that. If not a whole episode perhaps players from a specific part of the world or historical players could be a short reoccuring part in some episodes.

A VT episode sounds fun as well, you could perhaps also cover what other forums there are out there and how VT differ, as a mailing list nostalgic it would be fun if you drew parallells to the good old mailing list as well as it imo was a bit of a forerunner to VT.

Lastly - I listened on Spotify, but couldn't find it at first when I just used the search function, it was first when I used the link you sent that it appeared. Don't know if others have noticed the same.

Thanks mate that is some great feedback and amazing suggestions. We’ve got a few specials lined up where we discuss some specific topics in detail but those suggestions are great.

• Thanks 1

Nice one @omariqy for getting it up and running. The first step is often the hardest.

A bit of constructive criticism from me, which you might disagree with, is that I'm not sure that the idea of having a different 'presenter' on every single episode is a great one.

Personally, when I listen to podcasts, I listen because I like the person (or people) presenting. Something to consider, is maybe to emulate what The Football Ramble do. They do a daily podcast 7 days a week, and I think there are about 10-12 different presenters that rotate throughout the week (they have 3 or 4 people on every episode). This could be something you could do eventually. Maybe not a daily one, as that is a huge commitment! But perhaps after the first few weeks or months, you could see which VTers are happy to keep doing it regularly (or which ones get the best feedback from listeners!), and then do a bit of rotation, perhaps using the same group of 4/5/6 VTers plus yourself. This would allow people to know those different voices, their opinions and their stances of things (ie: are they a doom monger or a happy clapper 😅).

Just an idea 👌

• Like 3

Agree with Rob, it's good to be diverse but a bit of continuity is also nice to have. Kinda like coming home. 

That said... I've never done anything like this before but would be interested in maybe taking part. I don't have any sort of accent at all unfortunately though. 

• Thanks 1

This review made my day.  Check out the episode below.  Be interested to hear your feedback again and please do subscribe and rate the podcast. I will need some volunteers to do some match previews in the upcoming weeks but my ask will be have a mic/or headphones with a mic and come prepared!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, omariqy said:

This review made my day.  Check out the episode below.  Be interested to hear your feedback again and please do subscribe and rate the podcast. I will need some volunteers to do some match previews in the upcoming weeks but my ask will be have a mic/or headphones with a mic and come prepared!

Enjoyed it!   I think I've subscribed to around 8 different Villa podcasts. Makes time at the gym fly by.

• Like 1

Yeah enjoyed the first episode @omariqy Will give the second one a listen soon, hopefully on my way home from work today.

Agree with the shorter comments. I know from experience of making podcasts that it's easier said than done keeping episodes short. When you get into the flow of talking it's hard to stop! But half an hour to 45 minutes is probably the perfect length for them.

If you've got loads to say you could always split it into two episodes. Do a review of the last game and preview of the next game. Record it all at once but release it in two chunks at different times.

Â