Villa Podcasts

Hornso

There seem to be quite a few Villa podcasts that are about these days. I used to listen to the Aston Villa Review Podcast but Chris & Steven chucked it in due to time constraints. Anybody listen to any of the other ones and are they worth listening to? What's the best one going around?

also a half decent new one 'The lions roar'

MOMS could be quite good apart from their really forced 'comedy'. Just keep it to the news and views hey fellas!

'Holtcast' is back too.

1 hour ago, Nigel said:

also a half decent new one 'The lions roar'

MOMS could be quite good apart from their really forced 'comedy'. Just keep it to the news and views hey fellas!

'Holtcast' is back too.

Agreed, whenever I hear 'Negatron' I skip forward a minute or so. I've tried The Lions Roar and The Villa View too which are pretty good. Basically I've got a lot of time in the gym I need to fill with something to take my mind off how much I hate exercise... 

• 1 year later...

Villa view are good, do match previews and reviews, and some really good fan cams.

But i seriously prefer the main two hosts than the other two who do the odd vids.

Villa on tour are also good, he does vids of the match day and discusses before and after the matches the performance etc.

9 hours ago, MaVilla said:

Villa on tour are also good,

Not technically a podcast though. 

Holtecast is one I listen to, also Gather 'round the lamp

6 minutes ago, trom_borg said:

I really enjoy MOMS but cant compare it to much except the holtecast, which I dont like much. Will check out the villa view!

Holtecast makes me angry so I don't listen to it anymore!

That shouldn't happen with a subject I love so much.

• Like 1

All have their positives and negatives, I listen to Villa View and MOMS now. 

Villa view is the most consistent, is pretty professional, on point and is pretty much every week. The presenters are likeable.

MOMS is entertaining but is erratic probably due to them trying too hard - I would suggest less scripting and just talk lads. It’s quite niche and aimed at an older fan base, often withering views which is a nice ying to others yang, it often voices a view that dare not be said. It also invokes more Villa history back to the 80’s and 90’s which I can relate to being, ahem, middle aged. It’s also not every week, it’s when they have time.

Edited by thunderball

Villa View's podcast is very good, the three lads that rotate presenting duties (well the the two regulars of Dan and Tom and occasional stand-in Chris) are all really likable and level-headed.

Their other stuff can be hit and miss, gave up on all the stuff done by the camera man and that Rushton bloke a good while ago though, nothing against them I just can't get into it at all.

The young lad that does Villa on Tour makes some good stuff too, very well done for someone his age that's working with very modest means. Offers something different from the Villa View too.

That's about it for me in terms of extra-curricular Villa media.

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Indigo said:

Villa View's podcast is very good, the three lads that rotate presenting duties (well the the two regulars of Dan and Tom and occasional stand-in Chris) are all really likable and level-headed.

Their other stuff can be hit and miss, gave up on all the stuff done by the camera man and that Rushton bloke a good while ago though, nothing against them I just can't get into it at all.

The young lad that does Villa on Tour makes some good stuff too, very well done for someone his age that's working with very modest means. Offers something different from the Villa View too.

That's about it for me in terms of extra-curricular Villa media.

Agree with this 👍🏼

Aston Villa Review was great. Used to listen to it at a weekly basis around the time we were going down. Shame they're not around anymore. 

Quite enjoy the Villa on tour clips on you tube as well. Quite entertaining. Its my impression that they capture the emotions and atmosphere from the matches well. 

A Villa Review comeback with the Villa on tour kid in the folds would make a perfect podcast I imagine. 

Edited by Skruff

Â