Villa Podcasts

Hornso

3 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Yeah enjoyed the first episode @omariqy Will give the second one a listen soon, hopefully on my way home from work today.

Agree with the shorter comments. I know from experience of making podcasts that it's easier said than done keeping episodes short. When you get into the flow of talking it's hard to stop! But half an hour to 45 minutes is probably the perfect length for them.

If you've got loads to say you could always split it into two episodes. Do a review of the last game and preview of the next game. Record it all at once but release it in two chunks at different times.

Yeah i think that's a great idea actually.

Drop us a DM about your availability post transfer window.

• Like 1

As per my twitter comments (@elliottvilla), Omar, an excellent 2nd pod mate. Great to have a Villa pod that actually is indepth on Villa from match reviews to tactical disussions and ongoing issues.

Re the length of the pod...for me I like to 1 hour duration as it allows good discussion..... and as I listen to it when running, also suits the duration of my runs.

Keep up the good work guys. 

3 hours ago, eholm said:

As per my twitter comments (@elliottvilla), Omar, an excellent 2nd pod mate. Great to have a Villa pod that actually is indepth on Villa from match reviews to tactical disussions and ongoing issues.

Re the length of the pod...for me I like to 1 hour duration as it allows good discussion..... and as I listen to it when running, also suits the duration of my runs.

Keep up the good work guys. 

Thanks Elliot. Appreciate the comments. I think we have a knowledgable section of our fan base and these days they know more than any pundit about their club. Hopefully we can carry on giving them a platform and improve with our delivery and content.

• Thanks 1

New match review out. Joined by one of the originals from the BBC 606 days and he was on here for a while right at the beginning. A bit more lighthearted this one but still some good insight.

Edited by omariqy
  • Like 4

8 hours ago, omariqy said:

I can't seem to get the individual artwork I do for each episode to show for some reason. Anyone know anything about image tags etc?

https://help.soundcloud.com/hc/en-us/articles/115003449327-Track-description-and-artwork-in-your-RSS-feed  Probably no help, but thought I'd mention it "just in case".  Also,  good work on getting it all up and running; only got to listen to the first one thus far (I blame several of my long standing podcast subscriptions deciding that they need 4+ hour long episodes a week now) but I've enjoyed it.  

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

Listened to the second one on Wednesday and thought it was very good again.

One of you needs to change the batteries in your smoke alarm though :D

Haha that was me. All sorted now! Also getting a proper mic in the next few days so I won't sound like 'the man in the box'.

Thanks for your comments all. Appreciate it. 

22 minutes ago, omariqy said:

Haha that was me. All sorted now! Also getting a proper mic in the next few days so I won't sound like 'the man in the box'.

Thanks for your comments all. Appreciate it. 

I got a Blue Yeti when I was doing my short lived podcast and found it really good. About £100 so not very cheap but if you intend to keep this going long term (which I hope you do :) ) then might be worth a look

36 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I got a Blue Yeti when I was doing my short lived podcast and found it really good. About £100 so not very cheap but if you intend to keep this going long term (which I hope you do :) ) then might be worth a look

Thanks mate. Yeah I looked at that but went for the Samson Q2U which has got rave reviews as well.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Listened to last nights one @omariqy well done. Just one thing.. the title, Lee Johnson isn’t In charge anymore 

Ha yeah it was in reference to the famous commentary and it being his club before. I did mention on the pod that he was no longer there. Maybe I should change the title?

1 hour ago, Tomaszk said:

Good pods @omariqy, really measured chat.

Enjoyed your thoughts on Traore goal. I literally thought the same but the other way round. How can you have played and think he was going for goal :lol:

Haha I’ve changed my mind now but sticking to my guns on social media for the debate it’s caused. I’m the Asian Adrian Durham.

• Haha 2

Â