Villa Podcasts

Hornso

15 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

i guess it depends on whether the aim is to reach a bigger audience to just those on here, and whether the aim is to make money from the exercise. if either are true then you have a valid point. the villa view doesn't claim to have more knowledge than the average listener, or have any insights into club matters, but they have the established fanbase now.

if the aim is to basically create an audio version of villatalk purely for the enjoyment of doing so, then sounds like a good idea.

The aim is to make something enjoyable for all villa fans and for VT to be proud of it.

A mixture of good insight backed by sound knowledge, variety of thought, a bit of nostalgia, some light relief and some critical thought.

• Like 3

19 hours ago, Awol said:

I like Dan but Evans makes my teeth itch. Was relieved when the Villa View came back, Tom is a much better straight man to Dan's... straight man. For the Love of Paul McGrath is another good listen.  

Hands down the best podcast is the love of Paul Mcgrath. They have great guests on like @VillaAnalytics and few other interesting ones. His passion comes through and with the cohost they have good insight Into Lions clubs community. 

Big fan of my old man said but they're all so down on Grealish it's beginning to niggle me now.

They try and stay middling about most things negative or positive but the constant downplaying is so strange. Can't help people if they're watching Grealish and honestly think he's not a top 6 player or shouldn't be in the England squad.

Each to their own but I think they're trying to stand out by not bigging him up. It's like they aren't watching him the way they describe him.

EDIT. I've had to add to this because it's so ridiculous. Mad this Grealish pod they've put out. They're playing him down because he isn't as good as De Bruyne and Pirlo :lol: Do they know where villa sit in the pecking order? I'm sure we'd see Kev's performances drop off if he had to play with Trez and Wes.

Edited by Tomaszk
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Tomaszk said:

Each to their own but I think they're trying to stand out by not bigging him up. It's like they aren't watching him the way they describe him.

Thats kind of why moms never really clicked with me. They pick very odd hills to die on. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

Big fan of my old man said but they're all so down on Grealish it's beginning to niggle me now.

They try and stay middling about most things negative or positive but the constant downplaying is so strange. Can't help people if they're watching Grealish and honestly think he's not a top 6 player or shouldn't be in the England squad.

EDIT. I've had to add to this because it's so ridiculous. Mad this Grealish pod they've put out. They're playing him down because he isn't as good as De Bruyne and Pirlo :lol: Do they know where villa sit in the pecking order? I'm sure we'd see Kev's performances drop off if he had to play with Trez and Wes.

Huh...they play the superman theme whenever he is first mentioned, and have done for years!

They are not solely a villa news outfit and try and discuss a wide range of topics thus they do have a certain perspective with things such as individual players but I wouldn't say they play him down.

I quite like the way they dont get over excited by media rumours and such like, it's a welcome change from the other pcs.

Each to their own I suppose!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

I've noticed that too. They are a week away from calling him absolutely shite.

Proper bizarre. Maybe they want to go against the grain like some annoying folks thrive on but is very strange.

4 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

Think they made some fair and valid points. However some of it was way over the top, almost to the point of sounding satirical. 

One of the Villa View presenters has been caught being naughty..

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/midlands-news/lloyds-bank-worker-sold-customer-18845382

A 'stupid' Lloyds Bank worker sold customer account details to her gambling addict friend for £50 each - who then swiped more than £80,000 from them.

In the space of a few months Jaspreet Marwaha, who now works for Sky Sports, supplied information on 82 accounts to Mohammed Saif Maqsood including how much money was in them.

At one point the 27-year-old part-time customer adviser 'laughed' at the prospect of going to jail for the plot.

But following a two-and-a-half year investigation the pair escaped immediate prison sentences after admitting conspiracy to defraud, and instead were handed suspended jail terms at Birmingham Crown Court on Friday, August 28.

Marwaha, from Hall Green, began working at the Shirley branch in Solihull in 2009. She sold bank account details from November 2017 to March 2018, when she was arrested after suspicions arose. A mobile phone was seized from her as was £1,500 in cash she said was for a trip to Dubai.

She only used to do the odd show with Dan Bardell when Julian was away, guess she wont be back now - or at least I hope she wont if Dan has sense.

11 minutes ago, Junxs said:

One of the Villa View presenters has been caught being naughty..

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/midlands-news/lloyds-bank-worker-sold-customer-18845382

She only used to do the odd show with Dan Bardell when Julian was away, guess she wont be back now - or at least I hope she wont if Dan has sense.

She comes across as such a nice person 

19 minutes ago, omariqy said:

Good morning all,

So I have been busy behind the scenes trying to get this thing going. I have spoken to Limpid and unfortunately it can't be an official VT podcast as VT as an entity can't be seen to be giving an opinion on Villa related topics. However, I still want it to be interlinked with VT and have content/speakers from VT. It will be called The Villa Talks Podcast and I will be recording the first episode this week. Limpid is happy with that name and for it to heavily promoted on here! I have called in 2 friends who are also VT posters for the first week to get it going but I want different members as guest speakers going forward. I will be looking to get people in with knowledge of the game, coaching, finances etc who also happen to be Villa fans. So if that fits you then please do let me know. Finally, I want some VT input for the first episode so please can I have some questions or topics or insights that you want covered. I'll try and get as many as I can on the show. 

I want plenty of feedback and constructive criticism to make sure it improves week on week. 

I would love to be on it at some point 👍

• Like 1

2 hours ago, omariqy said:

Good morning all,

So I have been busy behind the scenes trying to get this thing going. I have spoken to Limpid and unfortunately it can't be an official VT podcast as VT as an entity can't be seen to be giving an opinion on Villa related topics. However, I still want it to be interlinked with VT and have content/speakers from VT. It will be called The Villa Talks Podcast and I will be recording the first episode this week. Limpid is happy with that name and for it to heavily promoted on here! I have called in 2 friends who are also VT posters for the first week to get it going but I want different members as guest speakers going forward. I will be looking to get people in with knowledge of the game, coaching, finances etc who also happen to be Villa fans. So if that fits you then please do let me know. Finally, I want some VT input for the first episode so please can I have some questions or topics or insights that you want covered. I'll try and get as many as I can on the show. 

I want plenty of feedback and constructive criticism to make sure it improves week on week. 

Great work to get this off the ground, Omariqy.

A discussion on our potential wage budget due to the hangover from Champtionship FFP; is this valid? Are we recruitng in a different market due to this? Does the fan base need to align expectations on signings etc?

• Like 1

Good morning all,

Get me on the recruitment episode pal.

Good morning all,

Nice one, always room for another villa pod cast.  Good luck!

If you are struggling for guests and/or help ive always got time to talk about all things villa!

On 07/09/2020 at 09:29, omariqy said:

Good morning all,

Yep, if you need a guest speaker, I'm keen.

If it helps, I'm usually right. DM me!

• Like 1

Â