Villa Podcasts

Hornso

This is the sort of shit I can't stand about The Athletic & Gregg Evans....

Why did Watkins pick Villa?

Watkins was sold on the idea of becoming the main man for a Premier League club and may also have been encouraged by how Tyrone Mings and Jack Grealish have won England caps while playing for the club.

Plus, at 24, Watkins could yet move to an even bigger club should he succeed at Villa Park.

Have they spoken to the player? Doubtful, if they had it would be an "exclusive interview". Its made up bullshit. And its probably my personal dislike for his journalism clouding my judgment, but that last line is unnecessary.

On 07/09/2020 at 09:29, omariqy said:

Good morning all,

So I have been busy behind the scenes trying to get this thing going. I have spoken to Limpid and unfortunately it can't be an official VT podcast as VT as an entity can't be seen to be giving an opinion on Villa related topics. However, I still want it to be interlinked with VT and have content/speakers from VT. It will be called The Villa Talks Podcast and I will be recording the first episode this week. Limpid is happy with that name and for it to heavily promoted on here! I have called in 2 friends who are also VT posters for the first week to get it going but I want different members as guest speakers going forward. I will be looking to get people in with knowledge of the game, coaching, finances etc who also happen to be Villa fans. So if that fits you then please do let me know. Finally, I want some VT input for the first episode so please can I have some questions or topics or insights that you want covered. I'll try and get as many as I can on the show. 

I want plenty of feedback and constructive criticism to make sure it improves week on week. 

This is amazing.

If there's an opportunity to be part of this I'd be really interested. I had a brief venture into Podcasting last year and loved it

• Like 1

3 hours ago, It's Your Round said:

Well done, I’m looking forward to this.

Which platform will you be using to host the podcast? 

As many as possible but Spotify and Apple definitely. There are plans to showcase it on youtube as well but only for an episode where it warrants it.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

This is amazing.

If there's an opportunity to be part of this I'd be really interested. I had a brief venture into Podcasting last year and loved it

Definitely mate. I will be in touch. I will be doing a Villatalk episode post transfer window where we will get a few members in to review the window and how VT reacted to it. A bit niche but should be fun.

Edited by omariqy
  • Like 4

4 hours ago, Don_Simon said:

This is the sort of shit I can't stand about The Athletic & Gregg Evans....

Why did Watkins pick Villa?

Watkins was sold on the idea of becoming the main man for a Premier League club and may also have been encouraged by how Tyrone Mings and Jack Grealish have won England caps while playing for the club.

Plus, at 24, Watkins could yet move to an even bigger club should he succeed at Villa Park.

Have they spoken to the player? Doubtful, if they had it would be an "exclusive interview". Its made up bullshit. And its probably my personal dislike for his journalism clouding my judgment, but that last line is unnecessary.

It's pretty clear when listening to him that he has no great insights into the happenings at the club.  It feels like he makes stuff up as he goes.  Should stick to just reporting the news and writing features.

21 hours ago, nepal_villan said:

It's pretty clear when listening to him that he has no great insights into the happenings at the club.  It feels like he makes stuff up as he goes.  Should stick to just reporting the news and writing features.

sometimes he does seem like he does, but more around who the big voices are within the playing staff i.e. mentioning elmo being a big character in the changing room etc.

he doesn't seem to have a scooby what's going on with the likes of king though. maybe i've just heard a lot against him that i'm now starting to believe it myself but the fact he's already talking about watkins' next move after villa well irritated me too; first time i've felt the annoyance than many others seem to have with him

17 hours ago, omariqy said:

Also Gregg has mentioned numerous times that we could have got him for £10m last year. Palace had a bid of £11m rejected so how does that work?

That's my favourite of his inventions.

Total fiction.

On 10/09/2020 at 12:38, Tomaszk said:

That's my favourite of his inventions.

Total fiction.

My Favourite is Total Friction with Sharon Stone then going for abit of Total Recall on a repeat cycle.

arnold schwarzenegger funny gif GIF

55 minutes ago, omariqy said:

Recorded our first test episode last night which went well. We will record the first episode proper on Thursday. I have updated the logo and set up the twitter, facebook and insta pages. If you would like to get involved then please do let me know as I am starting to plan future episodes. Some of which will have a theme. 465110101_NewVillaTalksLogo.png.f97d8dd3d69efc71e2775e888f1cec48.png

Look forward to them. I use Player FM podcast app. Will it be on there?

On 09/09/2020 at 15:45, omariqy said:

Definitely mate. I will be in touch. I will be doing a Villatalk episode post transfer window where we will get a few members in to review the window and how VT reacted to it. A bit niche but should be fun.

The reactions from the Traore thread should be fun 😂

really looking forward to this. i dont visit H&V much but i'm guessing this is the most active forum yet no podcasts etc ever refer to it in terms of general fan viewpoints on matters. will be a good to hear discussions around directly relating to VT threads

9 hours ago, omariqy said:

Recorded our first test episode last night which went well. We will record the first episode proper on Thursday. I have updated the logo and set up the twitter, facebook and insta pages. If you would like to get involved then please do let me know as I am starting to plan future episodes. Some of which will have a theme. 465110101_NewVillaTalksLogo.png.f97d8dd3d69efc71e2775e888f1cec48.png

You know where to find me if you need a guest 👍

• Like 1

Â