Villa Podcasts

Hornso

Please do let me know your feedback. What was good and what could improve. Bare in mind that we tried to be fairly serious and analytical with the first one and the nonsense/banter will come in future episodes when we have things to debate.

Also for the VT episode - would love some ideas on what we should cover. We can do a straightforward weekly review and talk whats happened in that week or we can take a more nostalgic look at VT!

3 minutes ago, omariqy said:

Please do let me know your feedback. What was good and what could improve. Bare in mind that we tried to be fairly serious and analytical with the first one and the nonsense/banter will come in future episodes when we have things to debate.

Also for the VT episode - would love some ideas on what we should cover. We can do a straightforward weekly review and talk whats happened in that week or we can take a more nostalgic look at VT!

Scuba Steve has to get a mention

• Like 1

2 hours ago, omariqy said:

Good job. 

Just a minor point, if you want all kinds of listeners you need to be careful about what guests are on the show. One of the lads (I hope it wasn't you lol) really doesn't have a podcast friendly voice. It was like listening to a mumbling 13 year old half asleep brummie. Just painful. 

38 minutes ago, omariqy said:

Sounds good stuff dude.

As has been mentioned, try not to be a "drone", who speaks in very even words per minute. 

You seem very comfortable on the mic, the other guys less so, but what they had to say was interesting.  It doesn't matter if you're not speaking all the time, but a bit less mono-tonal would do wonders for them - try to pretend you're enjoying it! :D 

This is the first villa podcast I've listened to, and I want to play now :lol:  

21 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Good job. 

Just a minor point, if you want all kinds of listeners you need to be careful about what guests are on the show. One of the lads (I hope it wasn't you lol) really doesn't have a podcast friendly voice. It was like listening to a mumbling 13 year old half asleep brummie. Just painful. 

You've just described 70% of the fanbase mate.

• Haha 3

Just now, lapal_fan said:

Sounds good stuff dude.

As has been mentioned, try not to be a "drone", who speaks in very even words per minute. 

You seem very comfortable on the mic, the other guys less so, but what they had to say was interesting.  It doesn't matter if you're not speaking all the time, but a bit less mono-tonal would do wonders for them - try to pretend you're enjoying it! :D 

This is the first villa podcast I've listened to, and I want to play now :lol:  

Thank you for that. Very useful feedback. I think that will come with time and practice!

Also big thanks to @Ghost who has done me a massive favour with updating the logo!

VillaTalks_Logo_PNG.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, omariqy said:

Thank you for that. Very useful feedback. I think that will come with time and practice!

Also big thanks to @Ghost who has done me a massive favour with updating the logo!

VillaTalks_Logo_PNG.png

Hey man, even Phil Neville had to do a bit of training to become the incredible pundit he is today.

It'll come, this was your first time, keep it up. 

• Like 1

I've listened to it back for the first time proper and whilst I liked the content still, I know what people mean about delivery. That's not how we speak to each other normally and I think that was just us being aware of recording it. I think that will come with time. However, I am quite happy with the content as I always planned this to be a place where knowledgable fans could argue their point! Anyways its now on apple if that suits your listening habits!

https://podcasts.apple.com/gb/podcast/villa-talks-podcast/id1532367840

Edited by omariqy

54 minutes ago, omariqy said:

I've listened to it back for the first time proper and whilst I liked the content still, I know what people mean about delivery. That's not how we speak to each other normally and I think that was just us being aware of recording it. I think that will come with time. However, I am quite happy with the content as I always planned this to be a place where knowledgable fans could argue their point! Anyways its now on apple if that suits your listening habits!

I think it was fine mate, especially for a first episode. If you listen to other podcasts, particularly Villa related, they aren’t overly professional or high quality anyway plus a more casual or light hearted tone is often more appealing (I just listened to the latest  Claret & Blue episode only to discover that Mat Kendrick has a nipple piercing!!!).

You will only improve with time and practise, don’t think much criticism is warranted. Well done for getting this off the ground and hope you go from strength to strength.

• Like 2

On 18/09/2020 at 15:00, KenjiOgiwara said:

Good job. 

I listened earlier this week, I enjoyed it @omariqy. You’ll find ways to improve as you record more episodes. The little quiz at the end was good, so mixing in a few features like that will bring something different. There’s a lot of podcasts out there that do the standard match review and preview stuff, if you can come up with some new content, that will set you apart. Mixing up the guests and adding some fun will help. 

But like I say it was pretty good for a first attempt, you come across well. 

On 18/09/2020 at 22:59, omariqy said:

I found the podcast very informative. In terms of your delivery, I reckon it'll get more natural as you do more recordings. Everybody has to start somewhere, after all. Keep up the good work.

• Like 1

please excuse my old fart ancient understanding of modern tech, I'm sure listening to podcasts is as simple as pie, but, don't laugh, can't someone just post a direct link to it on here, that I just click and it starts playing straight away on the laptop I'm typing this on.

Feeling Dumb Jim Carrey GIF

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

please excuse my old fart ancient understanding of modern tech, I'm sure listening to podcasts is as simple as pie, but, don't laugh, can't someone just post a direct link to it on here, that I just click and it starts playing straight away on the laptop I'm typing this on.

Feeling Dumb Jim Carrey GIF

Can you not click play on the original post?

On 18/09/2020 at 01:32, omariqy said:

Enjoy guys!

Still figuring out how to use my podbean account to add it to iTunes!

• Like 1

Â