Josh Onomah

skarroki

On 10/30/2017 at 17:06, roonst83 said:

I personally think he was a victim of being played in a position that wasn't aligned to his strengths. He's not a no.10 and certainly can't do much when the ball is hoofed up over his head all game. 

He absolutely definitely is an attacking midfielder. He is inconsistent but when he does make an impact, boy does he. 

The ability is there, he just needs to switch on for 90 minutes. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

50 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

He absolutely definitely is an attacking midfielder. He is inconsistent but when he does make an impact, boy does he. 

The ability is there, he just needs to switch on for 90 minutes. 

At this stage of his career, you'd say that should come with experience and maturity. The talent's clearly there and hopefully he's well aware that he's got plenty of work left to do to improve. 

His price would be based on potential rather than ability ATM.

With him being young and English I doubt he would be value for money for us as he would cost a fortune.

As of yet he's not shown enough here to warrant the price he would command IMO.

Then again if he had Spurs would not want to sell him...

He's not a no 10 imho.Looks as if he could be a good player, makes a lot of mistakes, which you expect at his age, but wants the ball all the time. Would play him alongside Jedinek with Jack or O'Hare or Snodgrass in front if all fit.Would I pay £10m for him?.........not yet, Hughes went to Watford for £5m , so that would set the precedent for me 

The kid has absolutely huge potential and raw ability.

Like most young players that raw ability needs lots of games to mature and for him to find consistency in his game, the sort of consistency that only comes from having played first team games. 

If he finds it he could be some player, Sadly a little like Kyle Walker it will likely be for someone else.

• Like 3

On 12/11/2017 at 12:33, ROTTERDAM1982 said:

He's not a no 10 imho.Looks as if he could be a good player, makes a lot of mistakes, which you expect at his age, but wants the ball all the time. Would play him alongside Jedinek with Jack or O'Hare or Snodgrass in front if all fit.Would I pay £10m for him?.........not yet, Hughes went to Watford for £5m , so that would set the precedent for me 

That was probably because he had a year left on his contract.  For a young British player with so much potential you're looking at 10m at least. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

On 12/11/2017 at 12:33, ROTTERDAM1982 said:

I don’t really see how the price of a player moving from the Championship to the PL sets the precedent for the price for a highly rated young player at a PL club.

There are plenty of other examples of similarly experienced players to Onomah moving for far move such as Ibe from Liverpool to Bournemouth for £15m.

Oh and I believe Hughes was actually £8m.

Â