Ahmed Elmohamady

Phumfeinz

4 hours ago, sidcow said:

Ahh. I thought it was a strange choice. 

Whilst he's shown an affection for the club he was mainly a Championship player for us and not exactly long standing. 

However if we're looking to grow in Egypt and develop ties with an Egyptian club it makes sense. 

He's probably good mates with Nassef, and he's allowing him to train with us. 

• Like 1

I was flicking through various pics on Instagram and saw Elmo with the players, carried on flicking through and went about my day...then about two hours later my brain said "are you not going to comment on what you saw then?!" as it suddenly dawned on me he shouldn't be there! Like when you see an old colleague at work and it takes a while for you to click to the fact they no longer work there!

He's in coach wear so highly doubt he's training with us to get fit. Must be coaching or ambassadorial.

• Like 1

Yeah i noticed him in the pics the other day in Australia. Read an interview with him a while back, he was raving about us. Mentioned he lives around Wemnbley area but regularly travelled up and down the motorways to watch us and be involved and train etc....seems a really good person aswell, a very good character to have mentoring younger players if he was to ever take up a coaching role with us and someone who will represent us in a positive manner if in an ambassadorial role

• Thanks 1

I assume he’s doing his badges and is being allowed to do work experience with us because he’s so well liked and respected within the club.

Edit: saw this quote from a year ago:

“Christian is a great man,” Elmohamady says. “He said if I wanted to do some coaching after my career then Villa would allow me to do that.“

Also mentioned he knows Nassef well so seems we’re helping him out.

Edited by a m ole
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Â