John Terry

Farlz

I guess footballers are like us all and he will have received his P45 form today along with his P46 to hand to his new employer. Would love to see his tax calculations...wouldn't it be taxed at 50% ? 

On a side note when HQ brings up how obscene footballers wages are ( which they are) i counter that a weekly tax bill on £150k pays for a nurses wages for a year for instance, her eyes then roll and I pipe down. 

im seriously not fussed if he plays less than 10 games for us, this squad is IMO and should be good enough to do something in this league, if behind the scenes hes the catalyst that makes it happen then so be it

if hes coming for the purpose that i believe the club are after then he should mean a lot more to us than on the field performances

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, thabucks said:

I guess footballers are like us all and he will have received his P45 form today along with his P46 to hand to his new employer. Would love to see his tax calculations...wouldn't it be taxed at 50% ? 

On a side note when HQ brings up how obscene footballers wages are ( which they are) i counter that a weekly tax bill on £150k pays for a nurses wages for a year for instance, her eyes then roll and I pipe down. 

I guess they are well entrenched in the world of supply and demand and exploit it naturally.

ALL footballers are not well paid, just like not ALL actors & actresses are....it supposed to be just the best ( and that can be debated)

but Hey! i know what you mean and you have a valid point.

Edited by TRO

28 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I don't think anybody is saying it wasn't wrong. There was no need to use 'black'. 

I'm not one for using this language, but in the context of what's being discussed, it's probably inevitable.

1 hour ago, Phumfeinz said:

Nobody thinks it was right and nobody is changing their mind because he's signing for us.

Maybe that was the wrong phrase. 

People certainly took issue with me calling him a piece of shit because of this incident and a few others. 

My thoughts at the time are the same now, that's all I meant. 

2 hours ago, Eastie said:

At least 25 .

He didn't play much at Chelsea as they had top current internationals in the team and were flying not because he was unfit - he's had plenty of offers this summer and I for one am delighted he's chosen us.

though they all had great seasons he was replaced by a right back and Sideshow Bob

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

im seriously not fussed if he plays less than 10 games for us, this squad is IMO and should be good enough to do something in this league, if behind the scenes hes the catalyst that makes it happen then so be it

if hes coming for the purpose that i believe the club are after then he should mean a lot more to us than on the field performances

I honestly believe he will play significantly more than 10 games and he will need too - as I don't think Baker is good enough for a team with promotion ideals  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, thabucks said:

Well you could suggest to her that unlike many other people raking in fortunes footballers wages come directly, for the most part, from people who are quite happy to pay them.

I subscribe to Sky and own a season ticket through choice because these people improve the quality of my life. If that makes them rich, good for them. UNLIKE lobbyists, MPs becoming Company Directors, currency speculators etc etc.

It always surprises me what an easy target footballers are.

Mind you, I tried this approach with my missus once and never bothered again lol.................

• Like 1

I would be happy (if he signs) for him to make around 30 league appearances for us. The league is our priority so as far as the cups are concerned I would not play him and would just ask him to slip a shirt on when it came to picking up those trophies for us. ;)

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, John said:

I would be happy (if he signs) for him to make around 30 league appearances for us. The league is our priority so as far as the cups are concerned I would not play him and would just ask him to slip a shirt on when it came to picking up those trophies for us. ;)

I agree mate, people are moaning that he is not going to play as many games as we would like. I would be happy with 25 starts. And what about when we are a goal up and need to defend the lead, is there a player that you could think of that would be better to bring off the bench for the last 20 to defend a lead? Possibly 5-8 sub appearances would be a great return imo

• Like 1

Â