John Terry

Farlz

Just now, The_Steve said:

The environmental cost of NFTs is very high. 

Kinda is but also kinda isn't. Depends on the NFT. It's not a one rule for all type thing. There's plenty of environmentally friendly methods of trading NFT's. I think the whole thing is a joke tho tbh but each to their own I guess. 

2 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Celebrities getting in on NFTs have accidentally linked people to scams costing them serious cash 

This whole thing looks dumb af. 😂 - Hadn't seen this story.

Get ya point. 

It goes beyond embarrassing to being actively harmful. It's just genuinely corrosive for people to post things that they are being commercially rewarded for without flagging that they are advertisements, and it's even more so when they are highly dubious financial products that most people do not understand the risks of.

• Like 3

https://theathletic.com/news/chelsea-looking-into-john-terry-promoted-nfts-that-use-club-assets-and-intellectual-property/ULpvNNPB7SHy/?source=twitteruk

Chelsea are understood to be taking a look at the sale of digital artwork being promoted by John Terry which uses the club’s badge and intellectual property.

The Athletic understands UEFA are investigating the issue. The Premier League is also seeking legal advice about the issue because its trophies, which it owns the trademarks for, are being used in non-fungible tokens (NFTs), alongside depictions of the FA Cup and Champions League trophy, trademarks owned by the FA and UEFA respectively.

A UEFA statement said: "UEFA takes the protection of its intellectual property rights seriously and we are investigating this matter further."

Chelsea, Premier League and UEFA all looking into whether Terry is violating their trademarks with his NFT bullshit.

It does make me wonder if the reason he so suddenly left was becasue the club caught wind he was getting involved in this stuff and didn't want anything to do with it, which would also explain why he's not gone anywhere near an actual manager's job since leaving too.

Although inevitably we're gonna see Villa announce their own NFTs soon just to prove me wrong :P

2 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

I mean why does he do it? Hasn't he got enough money?

He was caught giving tours around Chelsea whilst earning 100k a week.

Big Sam was getting paid thousands for after dinner speaking * whilst England manager and after 20 years in the game.

Some people in football are just disgusting. It's never enough.

5 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

Can't really believe Hodson has gone to Watford for the love of the game. Been offered a 7 figure bonus if he keeps them up too. 74, comon Roy chill out.

Not sure what that has to do with Terry🤔

If you're going into the NFT business you've got to take it seriously and do it properly. 

You can't just monkey around with it. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Haha 1

Â