John Terry

Farlz

Terry mentions Villa fans hating him and finding it unacceptable when he first joined.

Personally I've always thought he was a great player and liked his desire and passionate a footballer.

Can't see him getting the Chelsea job anytime soon though.

• 3 weeks later...

So, there are a lot of management jobs floating around at the moment. 

Terry doesn't seem to be linked to any of them, even by press normally desperate to attach a "name" to any story. 

He staying another year do people reckon? 

12 minutes ago, sidcow said:

So, there are a lot of management jobs floating around at the moment. 

Terry doesn't seem to be linked to any of them, even by press normally desperate to attach a "name" to any story. 

He staying another year do people reckon? 

I wonder if he has seen management "close up" and actually realises at least in the short term that assistant manager is where his skills lie.

4 minutes ago, hippo said:

I wonder if he has seen management "close up" and actually realises at least in the short term that assistant manager is where his skills lie.

His kids are still 15. I imagine he will stay as an assistant manager where he has more free time to spend with them and can head down to the Chelsea training ground and chat with the players.

Maybe once they go off to uni so in 3 years time I think he will probably go and be a manager but for him there is no rush. He is one of the biggest names in English football and if we start getting better and better as a team where he has assistant manager he could get a good Premier league appointment like arteta did after being the assistant at City. 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, hippo said:

To be honest, I don't think he is in any real hurry to jump into the management game until the time is right and he is ready.

Echoing some of the points that @MotoMkali raises above about personal life etc.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, MotoMkali said:

His kids are still 15. I imagine he will stay as an assistant manager where he has more free time to spend with them and can head down to the Chelsea training ground and chat with the players.

Maybe once they go off to uni so in 3 years time I think he will probably go and be a manager but for him there is no rush. He is one of the biggest names in English football and if we start getting better and better as a team where he has assistant manager he could get a good Premier league appointment like arteta did after being the assistant at City. 

This! 

If you want to know about John Terry's desire to get in to management just follow his insta, somewhere between the family, trips to Portugal, golf and checking out progress on his new mansion you can see that he's living a great life and won't be in a rush to do anything 

I think he's happy where he is at the moment. He's still learning and he will be in a better position than Rooney and his mate Frank were, to hit the ground running when a club that really appeals to him, offers him the opportunity to become their manager.  It is mutually beneficial for Villa and for JT to continue with their present arrangement for another year or two in my opinion. The more we continue to progress as a club then the faster JT's status as a coach will increase, so it is a win-win for JT and for the second club that he has grown to love.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 22/06/2021 at 11:33, Phil Silvers said:

Surprised no one has created a story about him leaving after this , seems to be the thing to do with any successful villa player or staff

Edited by gwi1890
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

Surprised no one has created a story about him leaving after this , seems to be the thing to do with any successful villa player or staff

Yeah, me too.  Would generate a fair few clicks for dodgy news sources to link him with one of the current jobs.

Pay Me Bitch Better Have My Money GIF

3 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

Ha, doubt it, JT could walk in to England tomorrow and without any experience do at least as well as the idiot.

So could I to be fair. 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

Ha, doubt it, JT could walk in to England tomorrow and without any experience do at least as well as the idiot.

5 minutes ago, sidcow said:

So could I to be fair. 

Me Too GIF by memecandy

2 minutes ago, TRO said:

Always had respect for JT as a footballer.....so congrats John on a well deserved accreditation.

Not Interested in his personal life,or his life weaknesses, its his business.

I am more than pleased in how he has conducted his time with us and the respect he has shown us, in light of his honest and open love for Chelsea.

Top Man IMO.

Well said pal. He's been a good servant.

I do suspect foul play though, how on earth did he pass the section on throw ins.

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

Well said pal. He's been a good servant.

I do suspect foul play though, how on earth did he pass the section on throw ins.

I expect he excelled at the section relating to the importance of ensuring the players spouse is made to feel welcome and comfortable. 

Edited by sidcow

16 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I expect he excelled at the section relating to the importance of ensuring the players spouse is made to feel welcome and comfortable. 

I would wager, if you seperated man on his ability to yield to the image of a pretty woman and rehoused him in a place where he could do no harm.....(Hypthetically speaking if it was empty)

You would fill the continent of Africa and have trouble keeping it afloat.

We are all gods children, we have weaknesses......There are things we have to work on like alcoholism, gambling, lying etc,etc.....sadly philandering is in there too, but lets not make out he is on his own.....there by the grace of god go many of us.

Not saying those things are ok.....just saying we are all human and we do things, we wish we didn't....and when we get caught, we deny it, such is the consequences.

Edited by TRO

Â