John Terry

Farlz

1 minute ago, TRO said:

I would wager, if you seperated man on his ability to yield to the image of a pretty woman and rehoused him in a place where he could do no harm.....(Hypthetically speaking if it was empty)

You would fill the continent of Africa and have trouble keeping it afloat.

We are all gods children, we have weaknesses......There are things we have to work on like alcoholism, gambling, lying etc,etc.....sadly philandering is in there too, but lets not make out he is on his own.....there by the grace of god go many of us.

Not saying those things are ok.....just saying we are all human and we do things, we wish we didn't....and when we get caught, we deny it.

let the church say amen GIF

edit: in all seriousness though, I agree. none of us are perfect and we all have our own vices to battle.

Edited by osmark86
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, TRO said:

I would wager, if you seperated man on his ability to yield to the image of a pretty woman and rehoused him in a place where he could do no harm.....(Hypthetically speaking if it was empty)

We are all gods children, we have weaknesses......There are things we have to work on like alcoholism, gambling, lying etc,etc.....sadly philandering is in there too, but lets not make out he is on his own.....there by the grace of god go many of us.

Not saying those things are ok.....just saying we are all human and we do things, we wish we didn't....and when we get caught, we deny it, such is the consequences.

Man, I feel like I've been missing out on religion. If I knew I could blame my shortfalls on 'the grace of God' I'd have signed up years ago.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

8 minutes ago, Sam-AVFC said:

Man, I feel like I've been missing out on religion. If I knew I could blame my shortfalls on 'the grace of God' I'd have signed up years ago.

you can my son.....you have been missing out.....its widely known man is weak to temptation, its only us who think we are strong.....self praise, never was a recommendation.

Man has a very false sence of security.....we all need keeping an eye on, in reality.....personally, my wife has done a great job of that.

PS Sam, I am not a religious man....but I am very aware of my insignificant role in life ( just one, of millions of people)and the temptations that challenge me....so who am i to judge others)

Edited by TRO

1 minute ago, maqroll said:

Surprised he's still with us and not managing in the Championship or at Crystal Palace.

he probably feels that he has a lot to say around here and that he is gaining valuable experience while he's earning his badges.

in any case I think our model is more democratic than the traditional manager at the top. Dean being the head coach with his team around him is probably less so the absolute ruler but more the face of the coaching staff.

1 minute ago, TRO said:

you can my son.....you have been missing out.....its widely known man is weak to temptation, its only us who think we are strong.....self praise, never was a recommendation.

Man has a very false sence of security.....we all need keeping an eye on, in reality.....personally, my wife has done a great job of that.

PS Sam, I am not religious....but I am very aware of my insignificant role in life ( just one, of millions of people0and the temptations that challenge me.

same here. I really feel blessed to have such a wonderful person in my life.

...also not religious, but I do see some merits to spirituality in ones life. or at least self-reflection and humility. 

1 minute ago, osmark86 said:

...also not religious, but I do see some merits to spirituality in ones life. or at least self-reflection and humility. 

Blessed, you are.

Humility....is one of the greatest gifts to possess.

2 minutes ago, osmark86 said:

he probably feels that he has a lot to say around here and that he is gaining valuable experience while he's earning his badges.

in any case I think our model is more democratic than the traditional manager at the top. Dean being the head coach with his team around him is probably less so the absolute ruler but more the face of the coaching staff.

Everyone knows Deano just hands the bibs out; his thread has numerous mentions of this insight.

Well done to JT on his award success.

4 minutes ago, osmark86 said:

I find self-reflection only delays the inevitable.

19 minutes ago, TRO said:

Not saying those things are ok.....just saying we are all human and we do things, we wish we didn't....and when we get caught, we deny it, such is the consequences.

homer simpson GIF

1 minute ago, TRO said:

PS Sam, I am not religious....but I am very aware of my insignificant role in life ( just one, of millions of people0and the temptations that challenge me.

Yeah, I'm only teasing. Unfortunately I went to a Methodist school - if I'd been brought up as a Catholic with confession wiping away all of your sins it might have stuck!

I absolutely take the biblical message of "he who is without sin...".

The thing I find weird about the whole Terry thing is Wayne Bridge always seems to get painted as the badly wronged party when they had already split up. Admittedly it's not great going after a mate's (if they were) ex, but it's Mrs T who was really wronged and gets to decide on forgiveness, not the public.

Back on topic, I'm inclined to agree with those who think Terry wont want to walk away from the work/life balance he'll have in his current role. I'd keep the guy around the squad for as long as is humanly possible.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, osmark86 said:

Why are you and TRO's wife so close?

• Haha 3

9 minutes ago, maqroll said:

Surprised he's still with us and not managing in the Championship or at Crystal Palace.

I guess, its what he feels comfortable with....his time will come...and I will be sad to see him go....Where could you get such a highly decorated footballer, to coach with us.

I have seen an improvement in all our defenders and imagine how the academy lads feel having him around......another recruiting Sargeant for AVFC.

2 minutes ago, Sam-AVFC said:

Why are you and TRO's wife so close?

Easy Tiger.....I would imagine at 68, she is safe now....unless he wants to steal her season ticket?😂

4 minutes ago, brommy said:

I find self-reflection only delays the inevitable.

I'd say it gives you the tools to avoid the inevitable, but I suppose that depends on how you go about reflecting.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TRO said:

Easy Tiger.....I would imagine at 68, she is safe now....unless he wants to steal her season ticket?😂

oh no, why would I want to do that....

jack mcbrayer shrug GIF by Team Coco

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Sam-AVFC said:

Yeah, I'm only teasing. Unfortunately I went to a Methodist school - if I'd been brought up as a Catholic with confession wiping away all of your sins it might have stuck!

I absolutely take the biblical message of "he who is without sin...".

The thing I find weird about the whole Terry thing is Wayne Bridge always seems to get painted as the badly wronged party when they had already split up. Admittedly it's not great going after a mate's (if they were) ex, but it's Mrs T who was really wronged and gets to decide on forgiveness, not the public.

Back on topic, I'm inclined to agree with those who think Terry wont want to walk away from the work/life balance he'll have in his current role. I'd keep the guy around the squad for as long as is humanly possible.

Thats the bit I want to give a wide berth......too many sides to take, without knowing the full circumstances, its for that reason, I find it uninteresting.

One of my ex mates nicked a bird off me once.....I blamed myself for not keeping her interested enough, que sera sera......and life goes on.

42 minutes ago, osmark86 said:

I'd say it gives you the tools to avoid the inevitable, but I suppose that depends on how you go about reflecting.

I agree. My original comment was intentionally smut level.

• Like 1

Well done to John, he’s going about his coaching development the right way, rather than jumping in the deep end under prepared.

Some will question why he hasn’t taken the jump to management, but he’s developing and learning more just were he is. Some people aren’t meant to be Managers but can be very good coaches, it will be a dispcision he will have to make in the future. Can still see him hanging round for another couple of seasons.

• Like 1

Â