John Terry

Farlz

1 hour ago, BOF said:

Yep, with a club that has been over-achieving for years. I think it's a recipe for disaster and certainly not the job for a first-timer. First time jobs need to be a little less risky than that because they'll affect your prospects for future roles in the short to midterm. If that goes wrong he could be tarnished before he's got going.

The Blues Job, might be up for grabs, soon....me and you couldn't do worse.

Mind you.....not with a ten foot barge pole would JT go near that......or me.

Edited by TRO
  • Haha 1

50 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

you'd think wouldn't you? and i'm sure they're considering it, but it's head vs heart i guess. he just got them into the FA cup quarter final for the first time in a gazillion years but i'm sure they're still evaluating who the best person for the job long term is.

i'm surprised JT is looking to go already though. we're on the up and he's a major factor in that. surely he wants to continue the journey with villa for a bit longer?

or he's just well sick of the M40...i can sympathise there.

Only he will know, when the times right and the right job comes up.....I will be sad to see him go though.

I think he has had a huge affect on our players.

59 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

I also think even if he doesn’t get the job he needs to leave us at the end of the season anyway. I absolutely don’t blame him for wanting to take the next step but we’re not here to provide him with a cushy little number whilst he permanently job hunts elsewhere.

I now wish to retract this statement I made earlier...

• Haha 3

16 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

It's a bit of a coincidence that Harry Rednapp tout's John Terry for the Bournmouth job.. a week later joins Woodgate as an assistant at Bournemouth, and now Terry has an interview for the managers role at Bournemouth.

Fwiw, I think JT would do okay with Harry as an assistant but it would be a big risk without him for his first stint as a manager.

Atleast Smith has said he won't stand in JT's way if he decides to leave.

Sorry some sort of technical/human error cock up. I can’t remember what I was about to say other than something along the lines that Harry is a crook and JT should beware. 

Anyway it sounds like he’s staying now, which is good as it may have been disruptive to our season at this stage. If he wants to go it would be better for us and him if it wasn’t mid season. 

All depends how driven he is. I’d say he’s got a good life now. Still in the game and no real pressure, what’s not to like? It’s not as though he needs the money. Stay and help build The Villa Era. It looks like the new Liverpool era didn’t last long so you might as well 😀.  

Edited by blandy
Sorted formatting
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, BOF said:

Yep, with a club that has been over-achieving for years. I think it's a recipe for disaster and certainly not the job for a first-timer. First time jobs need to be a little less risky than that because they'll affect your prospects for future roles in the short to midterm. If that goes wrong he could be tarnished before he's got going.

Pretty much said the exact same things to my old man today! 😂

• Like 1

16 hours ago, sparrow1988 said:

Well that didn't last long.

16 hours ago, sparrow1988 said:

I hope that he did it over zoom

Yes, Apparantly Jackie Weaver held the interview...

tenor.gif

...After a few minutes JT reminded her she has no authority here and removed himself as a candidate for the job.

• Haha 2

He needs to go somewhere, where he can build a culture and has the backing to do so.....just like Dean has done.

That needs time and patience, not being thrown in to the lions den for promotion.

19 hours ago, TRO said:

He needs to go somewhere, where he can build a culture and has the backing to do so.....just like Dean has done.

That needs time and patience, not being thrown in to the lions den for promotion.

Finding the right club is the tricky part. 

So many crazy owners out there 

There was talk of Celtic this week, which might be a better option than Bournemouth - I mean, you're pretty much guaranteed to win a lot of games and it's easier to look good as a manager at one of the bigot factories.

Be odd to see a Liverpool legend at Rangers and a Chelsea legend at Celtic though.

Â