John Terry

Farlz

4 minutes ago, terrytini said:

And if it's less naughty to break the law when nobody is looking would that mean you'd be against a player uttering ONE racist comment, but have no trouble with a player THINKING 1000000's of racist thoughts ?

Thatd be odd wouldn't it, since the latter is surely the worse character ?

Love this post. So true! 

• Like 1

In short, in football as in pretty much every walk of life, taking judgmental moralistic positions ( whether in support of or against someone) is almost always going to be shot full of holes.

Like him, don't like him, but either view has no more weight  or moral superiority than the other.

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, terrytini said:

Ah so now you are deciding some crimes are ok and some aren't ?

There are degrees are there ? 

Well the law recognises both your examples as crimes. The fact that YOU have decided which matter more to you is entirely subjective, and the fact that you would have a completely different view of another persons character who could have committed as many, or indeed MORE crimes renders any judgments of dubious standing, to say the least.

Also it means that by deciding he is despicable for the matters you've mentioned, you've hit something of a glass ceiling, so someone with far WORSE sins/ crimes ( which as you say have degrees) is STILL only despicable, as it's hard to get worse.

So for example shouting something racist isn't as bad as murder. And sleeping with someone's wife isn't as bad as... etc etc etc - but your disapproval has no further to go because his issues are already so bad.

So really whether any individuals character is bad or not comes down to nothing more than a personal feeling.

So any moral indignation really is meaningless, given it comes from a totally arbitrary, and adjustable, position.

I've hit a glass ceiling by thinking he's a piece of shit? What because you say so? What a strange argument. 

Of course it's about personal feelings, and everyone has their own moral codes. You choose how you judge another man's actions. I've not said any different. For me I really dislike him for the things he's done. I think they are the actions of a pretty shitty person. If you don't think they're that bad that's fine. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Love this post. So true! 

It's just rubbish though. How can you judge someone on thoughts you aren't aware of. And if I was aware someone had 1000's of racist thoughts I'd think they were shitty people as well. 

Dave Mackay joined Derby from Spurs when aged 33 and was made team captain by Brian Clough. They were promoted as champions in his first season for them and he was also named joint footballer of the year.

Might JT currently be thinking about taking a shot at doing something similar with us?   

Stilian Petrov says " fans don't know the real John Terry"

referencing Johns good side.

I have trust in Stans faith in him.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, villan-scott said:

Get it signed, sealed and delivered! 

hes also followed it by saying it will be announced shortly. 

Looks like we got him....... whether we like him or not.. he will be here now. Hope he succeeds. 

• Like 1

As others have said regarding a 'back 3', I would work on a line up of;

GK?

Chester Terry Baker

Bree                                         Taylor

Jedi

Adomah      Lansbury    Hourihane      

Kodjia

Use Bree and Taylor as wide full backs, when attacking, but have them fall back and support the back three when defending. Use Mile as a holding CM who support the back three by dropping back when defending. Which would allow the three midfielders to be more attacking and be supported by the wingbacks, and let Kodjia thrive.

Edited by alreadyexists
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, alreadyexists said:

GK?

Chester Terry Baker

Jedi

Kodjia

Use Bree and Taylor as wide full backs, when attacking, but have them fall back and support the back three when defending. Use Mile as a holding CM who support the back three by dropping back when defending. Which would allow the three midfielders to be more attacking and be supported by the wingbacks, and let Kodjia thrive.

Can't have Jedi in the team if we're playing with a back 5.

We need the sitting midfielder to be more of a playmaker role otherwise there will be a gap between the defensive players and the hopefully attacking ones resulting in the hoofing and loss of possession we saw last season..

Guess Terry could be the one responsible for making the first pass and being "playmaker", but Jedi certainly can't.

Way too cautious for my liking, rather have Green in the team and move either Hourihane or Lansbury down to the deep CM position.

Jedi can come on late if we're defending a lead.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

GK?

Chester Terry Baker

Jedi

Kodjia

That's a very solid team in theory, but you know how we do as Villa. lol

21 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

GK?

Chester Terry Baker

Jedi

Kodjia

The problem here is 5 at the back soon becomes 6 forcing the 3 midfielders to drop back then hoofing to Kodjia

I really dont want to see this

Leaving Jedi out (rotating Terry Baker & Jedi as CB's) gives us the oppertunity of going with

1 - Adomah Lansbury Hourihane Green

Kodjia

2 - Adomah Lansbury Hourihane

Grealish/Hogan/McC

Kodjia

3 - Adomah Lansbury Hourihane

Hogan/McC Kodjia

Note - Till Kodjia's fit we can go with Hogan Gaby McC RHM or Davis

• Like 1

Â