John Terry

Farlz

Blimey- spread betting and mirroring for copyright reasons explained within a single page !! 

It all becomes clear ( a bit) now !

Such witchcraft !!

Time was the most My brain did on a Sunday was navigate me from bed to the lavvy and back.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, hansardtony said:

The shorter the price the more likely he is to join.. so 4 - 7 suggests 7 times in 11 he'd join. 30 - 100 suggests 10 times out of 13. It's looking good, especially for all of us who had a punt at 4 - 1 last week i.e. Place £50 win £250.

LOL I still cant figure whats more likely!

7 in 11

or

10 in 13

Also If you bet £50 at 4-1 your winnings will x4 your stake (£200)

6 minutes ago, villan-scott said:

Wyness dropping hints on Twitter linking Terry. Although, Wyness doesn't have great form on Twitter does he! 

Nice to see he's got his phone back and is allowed to use social media again after his little time in the naught corner.

5 minutes ago, Raver50032 said:

Well, by the fact he wouldn't be John Terry, there's a good chance that I would sing his name if appropriate :thumb:

I was always taught to never trust a man who's name consists of 2 Christian names, his full name is John George Terry! We are truly f****d!! 

• Like 2

On ‎23‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 19:07, Vive_La_Villa said:

Why?

Because I don't like what he considers to be a fine moral compass. I'm no angel myself, and I wouldn't expect people to sing my name on account of things I've done in my life either. It's my choice who I sing and don't sing for. I'm still just about in the 'Bruce In' camp, but I'm yet to sing his name either.

At 36, for 60k PER WEEK, I don't see Mr Terry as good value. I certainly can't get behind a player with such a tawdry moral record sufficient to sing his name. I'll go one further for you that if we had ever signed Joey Barton, I would actually return my ST.

Ched Evans - if we signed him, I'd probably not sing his name, but I could get behind him. He served what the CPS determined was enough of his sentence, was released and went through a re-trial where he was 'proven' innocent. Yeah, he cheated on his partner, which another stink of his case. But he deserved another crack at his substantive job. I would support him, but not sing his name.

If we signed Terry, I wouldn't sing his name. I wouldn't boo him either.

I might flick him the V if he has the temerity to kiss the badge however.  

On ‎23‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 20:35, Phumfeinz said:

Just wait until he scores his first headed corner, everyone will be singing his name then.

I can assure you, I won't. I'll join in a Villa song, but nothing to do with that man.

On ‎23‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 20:56, terrytini said:

And I do hope nobody that has issues with his character ever exceeds the speed limit, dodges a parking ticket, or uses their mobile phone in the car, to name but three.

Well, I do 80 down the motorway Terry. Had a speeding ticket before (for 85 on the M1) and paid the fine. And I've had a parking ticket and paid the fine. But then I'm just Joe Public, not a footballer. I don't expect anyone to sing my name. Never use my mobile in the car, absolutely never. I'm no angel and it's apples and pears you are comparing. I'll take all the 'rounding' on me from anyone in this forum about this matter - it's my choice to sing or not to sing. I'll get behind the club, but I cannot sing for Mr Terry.

• Like 2

On ‎23‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 21:32, terrytini said:

Ah so now you are deciding some crimes are ok and some aren't ?

There are degrees are there ? 

Well the law recognises both your examples as crimes. The fact that YOU have decided which matter more to you is entirely subjective, and the fact that you would have a completely different view of another persons character who could have committed as many, or indeed MORE crimes renders any judgments of dubious standing, to say the least.

Also it means that by deciding he is despicable for the matters you've mentioned, you've hit something of a glass ceiling, so someone with far WORSE sins/ crimes ( which as you say have degrees) is STILL only despicable, as it's hard to get worse.

So for example shouting something racist isn't as bad as murder. And sleeping with someone's wife isn't as bad as... etc etc etc - but your disapproval has no further to go because his issues are already so bad.

So really whether any individuals character is bad or not comes down to nothing more than a personal feeling.

So any moral indignation really is meaningless, given it comes from a totally arbitrary, and adjustable, position.

Terry, that's not quite true. If you get pulled over for doing 35 in a 30, you get points on your license, not a criminal record. Yes, there are more 'socially acceptable' crimes. Speeding becomes a 'socially intolerable' crime the higher the speed over the limit you go, and if you end up colliding with another vehicle and injuring/killing people. You must know this?

On ‎23‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 21:37, terrytini said:

And if it's less naughty to break the law when nobody is looking would that mean you'd be against a player uttering ONE racist comment, but have no trouble with a player THINKING 1000000's of racist thoughts ?

Thatd be odd wouldn't it, since the latter is surely the worse character ?

Terry (TRO and Vive_La_Villa that liked your post) - it's one thing to 'think' something, it's different to actually do. When somebody fails to indicate at a junction and wastes my time when I could have moved off, or cuts into my lane at a roundabout making me take avoiding action, I often 'think' (to quote John Gregory) 'if I had a gun...' But then I have never shot a gun at a person before. Now, if I chased those drivers, forced them to stop (or even do a Vettel and ram them) and then took a fist to them, that would be a lot different. It would be a lot different still if I fired a gun at them and killed them. Very different indeed.

It's one thing to think something, completely different to do.

If he signs, I'll back the club and cheer them on. I just won't be patting him on the back or singing his name. It's my choice.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Even if he turns out to be a major reason we get promoted? 

I'm struggling to think of anything that he could possibly do that would make me want to sing his name. And it all might blow up in my face... I'd have to accept it if he became captain and led the championship winning side/trophy around the ground, or if he lifted the play off final trophy. I'd be overjoyed as a fan and supporter of the team. Martyr, hippocrite... whatever, I won't sing his name. And if you see me singing for him, fifty pounds to Villa Talk and I'll happily take a beasting on here :thumb::)

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Raver50032 said:

If he signs, I'll back the club and cheer them on. I just won't be patting him on the back or singing his name. It's my choice.

Fair play mate. As you say it's your choice and should be respected. 

• Like 2

Hopefully this will finally be completed this week - July 1st on Friday so he will be free to sign - could be a good day with a possible kit revealing too - I'm guessing training starts next week? 

5 minutes ago, Eastie said:

Hopefully this will finally be completed this week - July 1st on Friday so he will be free to sign - could be a good day with a possible kit revealing too - I'm guessing training starts next week? 

July the 1st on Saturday ;)

Following Terry on Instagram and he flew out on another holiday yesterday (hard life eh), so I wouldn't expect much this week.

Would expect an announcement next Monday on all fronts.

1 minute ago, wilko154 said:

July the 1st on Saturday ;)

Following Terry on Instagram and he flew out on another holiday yesterday (hard life eh), so I wouldn't expect much this week.

Would expect an announcement next Monday on all fronts.

Ah well I suppose we can wait another couple of days :)

Â