John Terry

Farlz

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I've heard many people say things in the "heat of the moment" over the course of my life and have learned you can't judge someone based off of "incidents" especially reported  and sensationalised by media. I'm not sure if the British or US Media is worse at this point - I highly doubt he is a "racist".

I'm wondering why people aren't more pissed off at Wayne Bridges wife? Men are men, there are only so many times a woman is going to pass you the ball before you catch it. - NOT trying to justify it at all though.

I've noticed this is a pattern when people just don't fancy a signing, if it was a player you fancied I could hazard a guess you would be finding positive reports about them if the situation was flipped,

Some of you are acting like Fox News/CNN etc lobbying for/against their preferred candidates.

I would love to know what some of you have done your whole lives and if you are angels or what?

I'm no angel. However I've never gone to court after getting in a drunken brawl with bouncers. I've never been fined for mocking people weeks after a terrorist attack. I've never racially abused someone. I've never cheated on my wife. 

You can use your moral code to judge him how you want. To me he's a piece of shit but if you don't mind someone doing those things that's fine. 

And I'm not against him because of the man he is, my initial response was in reply to the idea his misbehaviour is just paper reports. 

5 hours ago, sne said:

:) Well I agree with this part at least.

And on that note where do you stand on Steve Bruce?

I'm a supporter sne, he's a winner at heart and to question his intentions regarding Villa I find a little odd. I guess time will tell if he's a success but in the mean time he has my backing anyway.

2 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I've heard many people say things in the "heat of the moment" over the course of my life and have learned you can't judge someone based off of "incidents" especially reported  and sensationalised by media. I'm not sure if the British or US Media is worse at this point - I highly doubt he is a "racist".

I'm wondering why people aren't more pissed off at Wayne Bridges wife? Men are men, there are only so many times a woman is going to pass you the ball before you catch it. - NOT trying to justify it at all though.

I've noticed this is a pattern when people just don't fancy a signing, if it was a player you fancied I could hazard a guess you would be finding positive reports about them if the situation was flipped,

Some of you are acting like Fox News/CNN etc lobbying for/against their preferred candidates.

I would love to know what some of you have done your whole lives and if you are angels or what?

I suspect the vast majority of VT'ers have never done the sort of things Terry has done.

There is a middle ground, you know, we don't have to be saints or sinners - we can be something in between.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, AntrimBlack said:

I suspect the vast majority of VT'ers have never done the sort of things Terry has done.

There is a middle ground, you know, we don't have to be saints or sinners - we can be something in between.

Sounds awfully like you're trying to say it's 50/50...

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Do people seriously give a shit he slept with his mates wife? It's football not a soap opera!! 

It's just boredom, come an actual game of football and he does something good, every beggar who doth protest too much, will be chanting his name. Factamundo. 

I can't really understand why some would not want him in our team. Natural born leader, great player and scores goals.

If I see Terry lining up on the pitch against Hull I for one would be a lot more confident of promotion.

14 hours ago, Hornso said:

Hopefully he provides valuable leadership and experience and can help develop a winning culture in the dressing room and not just take the piss like Richards & Lescott before him.

well, we are kinda all hoping for that.....but its like a well promised young player that fails to achieve the hype, its a similar feeling of melancholy for the fans.

we just have to wait and see.

We all want Aston Villa respectable again, so we can all be forgiven for getting excited.

3 hours ago, DCJonah said:

I'm no angel. However I've never gone to court after getting in a drunken brawl with bouncers. I've never been fined for mocking people weeks after a terrorist attack. I've never racially abused someone. I've never cheated on my wife. 

You've just listed all his best points

• Like 1

11 hours ago, DCJonah said:

The fact is he was fined by his club 2 weeks wages following this incident in the hotel. What he did was alleged but he clearly did something to warrant the fine.  

The fact is the F.A found him guilty of racism, let's not forget he was England captain at the time. But of course you weren't there so you can't pass judgement. 

Have to say, the whole ignorance of facts because he might wear a villa shirt at some point is such primary school level. It's the sort of thing kids do, they just love them because they play for their team. Laughable really. 

John Terry might be an excellent player for this club but it wouldn't excuse his previous behavior or make him a better person. 

I guess you can pick your sides and i will reiterate there is no room in society for rascist remarks, i thought i would get that in before your misconstrue my comments.

I have first hand information on the behavior of Rio Ferdinand in a retail store, so be careful with the holier than thou attitude, many( footballers )have form in that respect.

If John Terry was convicted of racist remarks, i am not condoning it......but bullying and arrogant behavior is equally not acceptable, but it was not reported, does that make it ok?.... and in some cases can invite regretful responses.

just making the point, it takes two to tango.

but equally remember, 2 wrongs don't make a right.

Can I remind you.....this debate was started by you rubbishing John Terry's character......when we should be talking about football. you chose to bring that up and that is your prerogative, but i do not wish to continue the debate on John Terry's private and personal life.

Finally, from me,If we do sign him, you can choose not to watch him.

Edited by TRO

4 hours ago, DCJonah said:

You can use your moral code to judge him how you want. To me he's a piece of shit but if you don't mind someone doing those things that's fine. 

And I'm not against him because of the man he is, my initial response was in reply to the idea his misbehaviour is just paper reports. 

No it wasn't, that was the bit, I said,.........that seems to have got up your nose.....you started the character bit....check your posts.

Edited by TRO

4 hours ago, DCJonah said:

3 hours ago, AntrimBlack said:

23 minutes ago, mattyvilla said:

Terry is a lousy scumbag of a man , this team needs a bit of that on the pitch.

Yes everyone does have to use their moral compass, there may be things some of you have done which secretly make the uptight neighbor you have down the road think you are a "scumbag". lol

Having said that, this is football, they are athletes first, not MP's , being role models isn't their first responsibility.

As MattyVilla has said, we need a bit of attitude, for years we have been trying to use the "moral high ground" and end up with good old boys like Ashley Westwood.

I had no hesitation with us signing players like Joey Barton years back.

If these players weren't so heavily scrutinised by media we wouldn't now half of these things, similarly to how we don't know the skeletons the average man has in their closet.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Yes everyone does have to use their moral compass, there may be things some of you have done which secretly make the uptight neighbor you have down the road think you are a "scumbag". lol

Having said that, this is football, they are athletes first, not MP's , being role models isn't their first responsibility.

As MattyVilla has said, we need a bit of attitude, for years we have been trying to use the "moral high ground" and end up with god old boys like Ashley Westwood.

I had no hesitation with us signing players like Joey Barton years back.

If these players weren't so heavily scrutinised by media we wouldn't now half of these things, similarly to how we don't know the skeletons the average man has in their closet.

Spot on

• Like 1

5 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

An unsubtle attempt to resurrect the confessions thread there ;)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Do people seriously give a shit he slept with his mates wife? It's football not a soap opera!! 

takes 2 to tango.

• Like 2

Â