John Terry

Farlz

If we do sign him in on July 1st that will be nearly 5 whole weeks that his character and how crap he will be can be discussed before he even makes his debut ...

There's a happy thought.

• Like 3

Just now, Eastie said:

Hopefully if finally signed people  will maybe get behind him in a villa shirt irrespective of his past.

Now that is an optimistic statement

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Raver50032 said:

I can assure you, I won't. I'll join in a Villa song, but nothing to do with that man.

Hiya

Im done with the debate mate but have no issue with your views it's all fair enough.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Frobisher said:

Hopefully he doesn't remember the Holte singing "let him die" when he got injured against us a few years back.

Well it seems Steve has got over "potato head"?

• Like 1

Personally I think any bloke who sleeps with a mates/team mates wife is a piece of shit...as far as him footballing wise...one of the best of his generation!!!

Let's remember that the season before last he was fit and available every game, at the highest level and playing brilliantly. He's a year older but with no more miles on the clock having not played all season. No brainier for me.

Not comparing him to the legend that is Maldini, but he proved that pace and age make up for a small part if your still mentally sharp. His impact in the dressing room will be priceless (giving Grelish a kick up the arse etc.). Shite person...brilliant footballer. It's a 'yes' for me 

I suppose it would be futile to point out that Vanessa Perroncel never actually was Wayne Bridge's "wife"? (In the sense that they weren't married.)

Or that she had split up with Bridge when the alleged incident happened?

Or that she consistently denied that anything did happen between her and Terry and that 2 Sunday papers subsequently published apologies for printing stories that were untrue?

Nah, that sounds absurd. Keep swallowing the tab stories, chaps.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, briny_ear said:

I suppose it would be futile to point out that Vanessa Perroncel never actually was Wayne Bridge's "wife"? (In the sense that they weren't married.)

Or that she had split up with Bridge when the alleged incident happened?

Or that she consistently denied that anything did happen between her and Terry and that 2 Sunday papers subsequently published apologies for printing stories that were untrue?

Nah, that sounds absurd. Keep swallowing the tab stories, chaps.

So you're saying nothing happened? Wayne Bridge seemed annoyed about it. Maybe he's just a hater who believes the papers as well then. 

Oh well, let's take that away and now we're just left with found guilty of racism by the F.A. Yep still a good guy clearly. 

Oh and just checked, Terry got a court super injunction to initially stop the story coming out. Does that usually happen with stories that are completely false? 

Edited by DCJonah

8 hours ago, wiggyrichard said:

Personally I think any bloke who sleeps with a mates/team mates wife is a piece of shit...as far as him footballing wise...one of the best of his generation!!!

Let's remember that the season before last he was fit and available every game, at the highest level and playing brilliantly. He's a year older but with no more miles on the clock having not played all season. No brainier for me.

Not comparing him to the legend that is Maldini, but he proved that pace and age make up for a small part if your still mentally sharp. His impact in the dressing room will be priceless (giving Grelish a kick up the arse etc.). Shite person...brilliant footballer. It's a 'yes' for me 

Oh oh. TRO will be on you like a flash. You basically used the worst phrase possible to describe someone. 

1 hour ago, DCJonah said:

Oh and just checked, Terry got a court super injunction to initially stop the story coming out. Does that usually happen with stories that are completely false? 

Here's a conversation that may have happened between Terry's PR rep and the papers:

PR rep: "Guys, don't run the story. You're misrepresenting the facts. She wasn't with Wayne Bridge when he slept with her. "

Papers: "Sorry, this is golden for sales. We're running it. Front page." 

PR rep: "We'll just head on over to the court then and have them order you to not run it." 

There we have a court injunction granted, at Terry's request, even though in this scenario, he's innocent of any wrongdoing. 

Also I doubt that court injunctions are given out willy nilley anytime someone asks for one. I suspect (though I haven't verified this) that there has to be reasonable doubt that the report is inaccurate before a court grants an injunction. If that weren't the case, we'd be in a situation where the Government of the day could control the press through the courts, which kind of makes a mockery of the whole freedom of the press thing. 

You are of course fully entitled to draw conclusions using any evidence you choose. I'm just pointing out the fact that actually, getting a court injunction is absolutely not an admission of guilt. It is in fact more likely, I believe, to suggest that what we've read in the press may not be fully representative of what actually happened. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Godders said:

Here's a conversation that may have happened between Terry's PR rep and the papers:

PR rep: "Guys, don't run the story. You're misrepresenting the facts. She wasn't with Wayne Bridge when he slept with her. "

Papers: "Sorry, this is golden for sales. We're running it. Front page." 

PR rep: "We'll just head on over to the court then and have them order you to not run it." 

There we have a court injunction granted, at Terry's request, even though in this scenario, he's innocent of any wrongdoing. 

Also I doubt that court injunctions are given out willy nilley anytime someone asks for one. I suspect (though I haven't verified this) that there has to be reasonable doubt that the report is inaccurate before a court grants an injunction. If that weren't the case, we'd be in a situation where the Government of the day could control the press through the courts, which kind of makes a mockery of the whole freedom of the press thing. 

You are of course fully entitled to draw conclusions using any evidence you choose. I'm just pointing out the fact that actually, getting a court injunction is absolutely not an admission of guilt. It is in fact more likely, I believe, to suggest that what we've read in the press may not be fully representative of what actually happened. 

John Terry is married. I think he's a piece of shit for cheating on his wife more than it being someone who was going out with his team mate.

When was the last time we had a player who has won every top trophy possible in England, all as a captain?

Have we ever had someone like that in our entire history? 

Premier League, FA Cup, League Cup, Community Shield, Europa League and Champions League. Most of those multiple times. 

We've talked a lot since January about the calibre of player we are now signing being a little overawed by the sheer size of the club and it's stature within the game. This is a man that will feel at home in the environment and if he can bed in some of our current players, in terms of coping with the size and expectation of playing for an Aston Villa type club, we'll be well on our way to a successful season before a ball has been kicked. 

Really hope we do manage to sign him.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, wiggyrichard said:

Would you if he was your mate??

How do we know Bridge and Terry were mates?

Just because you play for the same football team doesn't make you mates - look at Teddy Sheringham and Andy Cole, apparently they couldn't stand each other and never spoke, but on the football pitch made a very impressive partnership.

Is everyone mates with people who they work with?

Â