John Terry

Farlz

@sne @Grasshopper

That's a good point you both make. I just feel like if we had Jedi in the team it would take the defensive responsibility from the more attacking players... but I see what you mean; if we play that way we have 6 defending and 4 attacking outfield players. I'm glad I'm not a manager.

• Like 1

We should be looking to dominate games. Then we only need 3 at the back and not 4 or 5. However teams are gonna have a go at us at some point so to be able to have the FB's drop back into a 5 is a good option. From the 3 or 4 midfielders only 1 or 2 have to drop deep at least leaving an out ball wide or at an AM as an option.

We must push the opposition back not letting them have FB's pushing us back with them also having 2 or 3 players attacking us.

I like the idea of Terry being the distributer from the back or stepping out (if he can still leg it) as I think the "natural movers" in our team (Hogan McC and Kodjia - sometimes) would give more options for the out ball, Adomah and/or Green out wide & Kodjia drifting should give us plenty of chance to keep the ball and move the whole field of play forward.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, alreadyexists said:

As others have said regarding a 'back 3', I would work on a line up of;

GK?

Chester Terry Baker

Bree                                         Taylor

Jedi

Adomah      Lansbury    Hourihane      

Kodjia

Use Bree and Taylor as wide full backs, when attacking, but have them fall back and support the back three when defending. Use Mile as a holding CM who support the back three by dropping back when defending. Which would allow the three midfielders to be more attacking and be supported by the wingbacks, and let Kodjia thrive.

Wont work.. we are effectively relying on the front four to do the damage to other sides.. yes the wing backs will get forward but sometimes they get pinned and their not exactly superstars going forward. 

I hope we stick with a back 4. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TRO said:

Stilian Petrov says " fans don't know the real John Terry"

referencing Johns good side.

I have trust in Stans faith in him.

So you won't judge him because you don't know every detail of every incident. 

But you'll happily agree with the judgement of someone you don't know. 

Very strange. 

Just now, KSV said:

Wont work.. we are effectively relying on the front four to do the damage to other sides.. yes the wing backs will get forward but sometimes they get pinned and their not exactly superstars going forward. 

I hope we stick with a back 4. 

I think Terry indicates a back 3 will be our preferred option. 

It offers him a but more protection and in theory he should be able to organise Chester and baker very well. 

It will be solid but not fully convinced we have the wing backs for it. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, villan-scott said:

Get it signed, sealed and delivered! 

I'm yours...

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DCJonah said:

So you won't judge him because you don't know every detail of every incident. 

But you'll happily agree with the judgement of someone you don't know. 

Very strange. 

I have met Stan several times and trust his judgment.....its for me to say who's judgment  I trust.

It seems finding things strange are common to you.

10 minutes ago, TRO said:

I have met Stan several times and trust his judgment.....its for me to say who's judgment  I trust.

It seems finding things strange are common to you.

Excellent. So we've agreed individuals can decide who and how they judge someone now. Don't get what all the arguing was about then. 

• Like 1

I have to say if we do land Terry (which seems increasingly likely) it will be an absolute coup IMO. 

To get him here  (regardless of money- I'm sure someone somewhere would match it) after the last few years we have had is pretty impressive. He must know something we don't ;) 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Excellent. So we've agreed individuals can decide who and how they judge someone now. Don't get what all the arguing was about then. 

Well, I know Stan.....I don't know you.

However, I am gradually getting to know you :)

On 22/06/2017 at 21:22, TRO said:

Wayne bridge is a big boy, he can look after himself.

I have been married for over 40 years and nicked her off a bloke in a night club.....it happens.

You cannot succeed at this game and be mammby pammby.

Remember......Andy Lochhead- Shaun Teale-George Curtis- Stan Lynn-Eamonn Deacy-Steve McMahon

You need steel as well as the guile.

TRO - I want Terry to sign but I really don't think you can call his antics as being made of " steel" I'm afraid I find the man totally objectionable and would have no desire to spend any time in his company whatsoever - I do however feel his signing would be a fantastic one from a pure footballing point of view.

16 minutes ago, Dave J said:

TRO - I want Terry to sign but I really don't think you can call his antics as being made of " steel" I'm afraid I find the man totally objectionable and would have no desire to spend any time in his company whatsoever - I do however feel his signing would be a fantastic one from a pure footballing point of view.

I have done this to death with DC Jonah.

Thats fine Dave, its your call......I have no qualms with John Terry's personal life, not condoning the stuff but uneasy with knowing the full facts.

can i let you in to "for instance"

I happen to know the details of the Martin O'Neill /Nigel Reo Coker contretemps .....at the time I was very close to folk who was equally very close to Nigel.....I was privvy to a phone call just after it had happened......and i can tell you it was not as it was reported by the press.......Now I accept there is 2 sides to every story and it depends on which one you choose to believe.

My overall point is......I am dubious about making firm Judgments on folk based on hearsay......Thats why when it comes to football.....I just rate them on that.

If you knew what I was told it would be easy to dislike Martin O'Neill but despite all that I was not there, so, que sera sera.

Martin you are safe with me.....except for all the duff signings, but we won't go in to that now.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

On 23/06/2017 at 08:28, DCJonah said:

The fact is he was fined by his club 2 weeks wages following this incident in the hotel. What he did was alleged but he clearly did something to warrant the fine.  

The fact is the F.A found him guilty of racism, let's not forget he was England captain at the time. But of course you weren't there so you can't pass judgement. 

Have to say, the whole ignorance of facts because he might wear a villa shirt at some point is such primary school level. It's the sort of thing kids do, they just love them because they play for their team. Laughable really. 

John Terry might be an excellent player for this club but it wouldn't excuse his previous behavior or make him a better person. 

Well for me 'all the arguing' was about the fact that in this Post, far from accepting we all choose and have our own good reasons, it's suggested that people are 'ignorant of the facts' and have 'laughable ' positions.

But maybe that's just me.

8 hours ago, Jareth said:

Terry and Chester at the back = best defence in the league, bar none. Premier league quality. 

Perhaps but given we had the 5th best defence in the league last year (with the top 2 now promoted), and the 5th worst goal scoring record we should be looking at our forward play to add to? If your have a minus goal difference even after averaging about  1 goal a game conceding than the real problem is up top.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TRO said:

I have done this to death with DC Jonah.

Thats fine Dave, its your call......I have no qualms with John Terry's personal life, not condoning the stuff but uneasy with knowing the full facts.

My overall point is, I am dubious about making firm Judgments on folk based on hearsay. That's why when it comes to football I just rate them on that.

The problem is TRO, you can't keep saying I don't think he's a nasty piece of work because I wasn't there, then when you get called out on it keep telling us you only judge him as a footballer. 

If you are only judging him as a footballer, stop telling us not to judge him as a person cos he might be alright really and your mate Stan thinks he's a good guy. 

Can you not just be at piece with the fact he's earned his pantomime villan badge fair and square, he's a nasty piece of work. Possible redeeming qualities and a fantastic signing, but can't lie about the rest of it

• Like 2

1 hour ago, terrytini said:

Well for me 'all the arguing' was about the fact that in this Post, far from accepting we all choose and have our own good reasons, it's suggested that people are 'ignorant of the facts' and have 'laughable ' positions.

But maybe that's just me.

Stand by it. 

If you want to judge someone by their actions you can, if those actions don't bother you then that's fine. 

But to ignore the facts to defend someone just because they may sign for your team is laughable. They happened, if you're ok with it then say that, don't make out like it's paper reports and misleading information because he looks like he's becoming a villa player. (Not saying you did this) 

Just now, skarroki said:

The problem is TRO, you can't keep saying I don't think he's a nasty piece of work because I wasn't there, then when you get called out on it keep telling us you only judge him as a footballer. 

If you are only judging him as a footballer, stop telling us not to judge him as a person cos he might be alright really and your mate Stan thinks he's a good guy. 

Can you not just be at piece with the fact he's earned his pantomime villan badge fair and square, he's a nasty piece of work. Possible redeeming qualities and a fantastic signing, but can't lie about the rest of it

Well said that man.

Â