John Terry

Farlz

22 minutes ago, Eastie said:

Don’t think that’s in doubt -

If you were to offer me the chance to get into the Premier League with Aston Villa, and face the scenario of playing Chelsea, then I would bite your arm off. In football we always say never rule anything out because it’s a funny game.”

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/07/03/john-terry-already-targeting-return-chelsea-manager-signing/

I suspect Bruce would just ask him if he is up for it, as a first stage. Terry will tell him straight if he thinks he still has the legs for the Premier League.

13 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

I've met several people with the first name Al, but you're the only person who would consider Readyexists as a first name. 

You can call me Al. 

• Like 1

If Bruce isnt at the game on Sunday then Terrys leadership will be vital. If he wants to be a manager then Sunday will be a great test. Not that the coaches cant lead the team, but i see Terry as the one who will be giving the motivation. 

Be nice for him to experience a proper derby atmosphere too, none of the diluted London club rubbish. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, This Could Be Rotterdam said:

If Bruce isnt at the game on Sunday then Terrys leadership will be vital. If he wants to be a manager then Sunday will be a great test. Not that the coaches cant lead the team, but i see Terry as the one who will be giving the motivation. 

Be nice for him to experience a proper derby atmosphere too, none of the diluted London club rubbish. 

Good post and this reminded me of this a little...

395BA82600000578-3836752-image-a-59_1476

Combined with the Coaches on the side you are right this will be a great test for JT if Bruce where not to be there Sunday.

I feel all would keep it together and do well. :thumb:

Edited by AvfcRigo82

23 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Another reason to love JT

Takes no prisoners. Very direct. I do like the guy. Think he will be a great manager. He could cut his teeth on our club, before he inevitably (sigh) goes off to manage Chelsea. I think it would be great if he stays on as an assistant.

9 minutes ago, AntrimBlack said:

Takes no prisoners. Very direct. I do like the guy. Think he will be a great manager. He could cut his teeth on our club, before he inevitably (sigh) goes off to manage Chelsea. I think it would be great if he stays on as an assistant.

I would like JT to take over the u21s personally 

• Like 3

I understand he's studying for his coaching badges at present. I imagine that probably aids his understanding of the technical side of the game further. Although he's always been a player that has stood out for his natural understanding and reading of the game rather than any particularly dominant physical characteristics. I read a while back that Bayern Munich support players to gain coaching qualifications whilst still playing as they believe this furthers not only their career after the game, but also during. I believe Philipp Lahm was one example given - not a bad example right. I would wholeheartedly support JT beginning his coaching career at Villa although my head tells me he would be more likely to go to Chelsea. There's a chance they wouldn't have a role for him there however. I used to think he was a bit of a .... but I actually now hold quite a bit of admiration for the guy. Funny thing that... 

• Like 2

I would be chuffed to see him stay on with us, in some capacity.....but i guess the lure of Chelsea is the stumbling block.

I guess we will always be the bridesmaid, but , better to be a bridesmaid than one of the congregation.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, dnmacf said:

I understand he's studying for his coaching badges at present. I imagine that probably aids his understanding of the technical side of the game further. Although he's always been a player that has stood out for his natural understanding and reading of the game rather than any particularly dominant physical characteristics. I read a while back that Bayern Munich support players to gain coaching qualifications whilst still playing as they believe this furthers not only their career after the game, but also during. I believe Philipp Lahm was one example given - not a bad example right. I would wholeheartedly support JT beginning his coaching career at Villa although my head tells me he would be more likely to go to Chelsea. There's a chance they wouldn't have a role for him there however. I used to think he was a bit of a .... but I actually now hold quite a bit of admiration for the guy. Funny thing that... 

Good strategy JT, I approve.

8 hours ago, alreadyexists said:

As a footballer, he is genuinely one of the best English players of all time, and he’s without a doubt the best player in this league.

I agree with the 2nd part absolutely. 

Would he make your top 10 all time English players?  Off the top of my head you've got Gascoigne, Hoddle, Robson, Linekar, Shearer, Keegan, Owen, Shilton and maybe Beckham before you get to the '66 team.

(Carlton Palmer is in there obviously too ;))

38 minutes ago, TheAuthority said:

I agree with the 2nd part absolutely. 

Would he make your top 10 all time English players?  Off the top of my head you've got Gascoigne, Hoddle, Robson, Linekar, Shearer, Keegan, Owen, Shilton and maybe Beckham before you get to the '66 team.

(Carlton Palmer is in there obviously too ;))

Definitely would be in my top 10 all time English defenders and high up that list .

Edited by Eastie

Â