John Terry

Farlz

7 hours ago, Zatman said:

Its a long way off but if we go up his pace could be a problem but maybe the plan is for Tuanzebe to be here next season on loan and go for a back 3 in some games

John Terry? Back three? Sweeper system?  Using his excellent distribution to play from the back with devastating effect? Bloody hell we are getting all a bit Italian sophisticated in here. I like it. 

One of the little things (there are many) that infuriate me with defenders is when they jump to get their head on the ball with no consideration to where its going. Everytime JT goes up its almost like a pass, he wants to direct it to one of his own players. 

Simple things please me :P

It will slip under the radar that he was oddly hesitant and caught on his heels for Burton's second, but he's been so good as a player and a leader that I feel bad for even mentioning it.

What a player, what a signing.

Edited by a m ole
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, a m ole said:

It will slip under the radar that he was oddly hesitant and caught on his heels for Burton's second, but he's been so good as a player and a leader that I feel bad for even mentioning it.

Yeah agree with you here. For what he has done so far whilst here he has barely put a foot wrong and everyone has an off day.

As a whole, still the signing of the season.

2 hours ago, sidcow said:

Is that Hourihane on the left giving the most reluctant hug in the entire history of man hugs? 

Wouldn't give you a thank you for either of them today.

1 hour ago, a m ole said:

I think it was Hutton's fault. Without Hutton, the Burton guy would've been off-side. And Hutton should've stayed with him and not let him get away.

13 hours ago, AVTuco said:

I think it was Hutton's fault. Without Hutton, the Burton guy would've been off-side. And Hutton should've stayed with him and not let him get away.

Terry still jumped like he had lead in his boots, before that the cross should’ve been stopped coming in. Unfair to single out Hutton imo, when thyou whole defence fell asleep 

As a Holte End ST holder, it's been annoying that the past few home games have seen the away team turn us around at kick off.  Shooting towards the Holte first half. 

However yesterday, Burton took the kickoff, which must've meant Terry won the toss and decided to shoot towards the Holte first half.

I wonder if this is a new thing now?  Start quick and get a lead?  Get the Holte buzzing from the start?  It's coincided  with the winning streak? 

Edited by philgetaway
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, philgetaway said:

As a Holte End ST holder, it's been annoying that the past few home games have seen the away team turn us around at kick off.  Shooting towards the Holte first half. 

However yesterday, Burton took the kickoff, which must've meant Terry won the toss and decided to shoot towards the Holte first half.

I wonder if this is a new thing now?  Start quick and get a lead?  Get the Holte buzzing from the start?  It's coincided  with the winning streak? 

I thought this yesterday. It's happened so often we must be choosing to swap around. 

It's a bit weird but whatever, it seems to be working. 

2 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

Terry still jumped like he had lead in his boots, before that the cross should’ve been stopped coming in. Unfair to single out Hutton imo, when thyou whole defence fell asleep 

Unfair like it is singling out Terry ;)

Never mind, both of them at fault is fine for me ... but I want to end in a positive note: Terry's awesome!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

Its a team thing.....we need to work on it.

We simply lose too many (what appear to be innocuous) aerial balls particularly in the middle of the park.....not having a pop, just an observation.....I think we could be more dominant than we are if we fixed it.

Years (and years)ago we used to win them and it would launch attacks for forwards to run on to....it was a feature of our game at times.

The balls come straight back now and Imo forces the defence back and causes them to be over worked.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TRO said:

Its a team thing.....we need to work on it.

We simply lose too many (what appear to be innocuous) aerial balls particularly in the middle of the park.....not having a pop, just an observation.....I think we could be more dominant than we are if we fixed it.

Years (and years)ago we used to win them and it would launch attacks for forwards to run on to....it was a feature of our game at times.

The balls come straight back now and Imo forces the defence back and causes them to be over worked.

Yes, most of our problems at the back are in the air. We seem to lose players time and time again. Not only goals but chances which could have led to goals have been evident. 

1 hour ago, AVTuco said:

Unfair like it is singling out Terry ;)

Never mind, both of them at fault is fine for me ... but I want to end in a positive note: Terry's awesome!

I think terry was unaware of the player behind and felt that he should have got a shout from Hutton - these things happen now and again but overall the defence has been very solid .

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Yes, most of our problems at the back are in the air. We seem to lose players time and time again. Not only goals but chances which could have led to goals have been evident. 

I was not really referring to the center backs, but equally in this league we are a bit Short......John makes up for it by just being JT.

The majority of this league have 6'2- 6'4 centre backs, its a big advantage at set pieces and high ball.....I was referring to the middle of the park and up front.

Its ok us trying to play the ball on the floor, but the opposition don't.....(plus the odd long ball can be effective if we can get on the end of it) and we have to get out of this league.

Edited by TRO

5 hours ago, philgetaway said:

I think I read somewhere that he decided to buck the trend in always kicking towards the Holte in the 2nd half. I personally don't think it matters as we have Villa fans in the North stand aswell.

Â