John Terry

Farlz

Just now, MONCABA said:

I think I read somewhere that he decided to buck the trend in always kicking towards the Holte in the 2nd half. I personally don't think it matters as we have Villa fans in the North stand aswell.

I prefer it. Think we play better that way.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, a m ole said:

It will slip under the radar that he was oddly hesitant and caught on his heels for Burton's second, but he's been so good as a player and a leader that I feel bad for even mentioning it.

What a player, what a signing.

Agree, its unfair Alan Hutton is getting the blame for that on various social media sites for Terrys mistake. Had a solid game otherwise.

On main event.....Wayne rooney profile

Q who was your toughest opponent.......A John Terry.

He said wasn't the quickest but his positional sense was phenomenal.

Edited by TRO

On 2/4/2018 at 17:59, Junxs said:

Agree, its unfair Alan Hutton is getting the blame for that on various social media sites for Terrys mistake. Had a solid game otherwise.

You can only defend what you see......The ball went over John and Boyce went around the back of him

Alan had full view of the defender, not sure how you arrive at that conclusion.

but, Yeah....I think Alan is a decent player who can lose his man in situations like that.

8 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I think it's gone unnoticed that the through ball that led to that second goal for Burton took a big deflection off Jedinak (I think) which I think wrong footed everyone and basically turned it into a perfect pass.

Stevo.....i was right behind the flight of it.....it was a slight deflection off jed, but you are right just enough to create a perfect pass.....it was just one of them, just right to **** us off.

Edited by TRO

3 minutes ago, TRO said:

Stevo.....i was right behind the flight of it.....it was a slight deflection off jed, but you are right just enough to create a perfect pass.....it was just one of them, just right to **** us off.

"big" was probably the wrong word to use.

"Significant" would be better.

• Like 2

On 2/4/2018 at 17:55, MONCABA said:

I think I read somewhere that he decided to buck the trend in always kicking towards the Holte in the 2nd half. I personally don't think it matters as we have Villa fans in the North stand aswell.

I like to see us attack the Holte in the second half, but its only because its seems traditional.....its purely cosmetic really.

Just watching Shef Utd game again, as it’s still recorded on my box, and saw JT going up for a corner and I was struck by the “I still can’t believe John Terry plays for Aston Villa” feeling... I still can’t quite believe it.

19 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

Just watching Shef Utd game again, as it’s still recorded on my box, and saw JT going up for a corner and I was struck by the “I still can’t believe John Terry plays for Aston Villa” feeling... I still can’t quite believe it.

Is it because he has two first names?

:ph34r:

31 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

I've met several people with the first name Al, but you're the only person who would consider Readyexists as a first name. 

Don’t be so silly - already is his first name and his second name is exists :D

Edited by Eastie

9 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

I've met several people with the first name Al, but you're the only person who would consider Readyexists as a first name. 

Ha ha.

My name is Darren, so full name:

Darren Al Readyexists

Edited by alreadyexists
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Czechlad said:

What happens if we go up? Do we keep Terry as our #1? Does he even sign a new deal with us because he said dropped down to avoid playing against Chelsea?

I thought I saw a quote saying that if we did go up he would love to play against them at Stamford bridge. That’s if he will still have the legs for it I guess. 

2 hours ago, Czechlad said:

What happens if we go up? Do we keep Terry as our #1? Does he even sign a new deal with us because he said dropped down to avoid playing against Chelsea?

Don’t think that’s in doubt -

If you were to offer me the chance to get into the Premier League with Aston Villa, and face the scenario of playing Chelsea, then I would bite your arm off. In football we always say never rule anything out because it’s a funny game.”

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/07/03/john-terry-already-targeting-return-chelsea-manager-signing/

Â