John Terry

Farlz

14 hours ago, Hoof hearted said:

I've read what you think at least, I couldn't give two f**ks what Everton fans think. IF deadly were still in charge at Villa we would not be in the state we are now, our best years in recent times were under MON no? A guy employed by the man you denigrate but was ultimately ruined by Lerner. Your personal opinion of Wyness is your thing but don't assume we all share your disdain, personally, I think he's doing a bang on job. 

You need to read a lot more about the history of Aston Villa before posting this sort of comment.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, villan_007 said:

Why is it? To the man on the street 10mil is life changing. In football it's nothing. To Terry it's nothing. His main motivation at this stage of his career was to play regularly and finish his coaching badges. He has worked with Round for yrs in the England set up. So to join us, play every week and work with Round at our facilities would have been a no brainer. 

Id imagine a club from abroad would have offered a lot more than that. It also wouldn't surprise me if redkanpp had persuaded the people at blues to give him 10mill. In fact it stinks of Harry.

In terms of a years salary the fee plus wages would amount to around 300k a week. For a 37 year old that hardly played in the previous year is a ridiculous amount of money even in football. It would make him one of the most highly paid players in the Country. 

I don't care how rich Terry. He is not turning down that kind of money to work with Steve bloody Round.

15 hours ago, TRO said:

But they don't.....other clubs don't offer that in John Terry's eyes, thats why he is with us.

relationships are sacred.....John Terry is already a rich man.

you have read my words, but not taken them in.

Working with Steve Bruce and Steve Round is invaluable to John Terry. Their experience will be invaluable to him in his pursuit of management.

You or anyone else may not rate Steve Bruce.....but many big names, do.

Ps its your call, i can't help you with an alternative view, only mine.

TRO - who are these big names you speak of ? And do you not feel that like is more applicable than rate - I don't particularly rate Bruce but I totally understand why people might like him, he comes over as a likeable and affable man with whom you could enjoy a beer or two with - but his record is not so amazing after 20 odd years of management is it? Some might ask why is it that he has never been offered a post with a continually achieving club ? 

You have a very high regard of Bruce which is your absolute right to hold and I always say that you are balanced and measured but I am not convinced that Bruce is held in the same high regard nationally that you appear to speak of

1 hour ago, OutByEaster? said:

If Doug had stayed in charge another two years we'd have been where we are now a lot earlier and completely bankrupt. The game had moved on from Doug's ability to take part.

Lerner chose O'Neill, Lerner met O"Neill and sold him the project, O'Neill was Lerner's man. Doug was allowed to make the announcement so that he could go out with a bit of a fanfare - typical of Doug, not doing the work and taking the credit.  Lerner spent over $200m of his own money on the club - it cost $200m to get us to here - now he wasted a lot of that money, spent it badly, was ill advised and made bad decisions, but it's still a lot of money - Doug never put a penny of his own money in - imagine how much more quickly we'd have fallen without $200m. In fact, while we're at it imagine how much better we'd have been if we'd spent that money more wisely.

For what it's worth, I agree, I think Wyness is doing a good solid job.

Not sure how allowing the club to spend all available money in the first 2 transfer windows of relegation leaving us on the brink of breaching FFP and having to 'beg and steal'is doing a solid job but I guess that's for another thread.  

Keeping it in topic. I love you JT. 

7 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

If Doug had stayed in charge another two years we'd have been where we are now a lot earlier and completely bankrupt. The game had moved on from Doug's ability to take part.

Lerner chose O'Neill, Lerner met O"Neill and sold him the project, O'Neill was Lerner's man. Doug was allowed to make the announcement so that he could go out with a bit of a fanfare - typical of Doug, not doing the work and taking the credit.  Lerner spent over $200m of his own money on the club - it cost $200m to get us to here - now he wasted a lot of that money, spent it badly, was ill advised and made bad decisions, but it's still a lot of money - Doug never put a penny of his own money in - imagine how much more quickly we'd have fallen without $200m. In fact, while we're at it imagine how much better we'd have been if we'd spent that money more wisely.

For what it's worth, I agree, I think Wyness is doing a good solid job.

I really don't get how you can say this with any degree of certainty- look I have criticised Doug on many occasions over many many years - but one thing you can not take from Doug is his pride in Villa - we will never know for sure but I also don't believe we would be in this mess if he had stayed on - yes clearly he would have needed to seek investment from elsewhere - but you cannot take away that Doug is a proud man 

32 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Welcome to the Doug Ellis thread. :lol:

DSnLED-XkAEl4Q1.jpg

My original post where I compared Wyness to Ellis was because they are both full of shit. The comparison ended there. Although Wyness only claimed he invented head knees and vollys and didn't go as for as saying he invented the bicycle kick. 

JT is my hero. 

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

In terms of a years salary the fee plus wages would amount to around 300k a week. For a 37 year old that hardly played in the previous year is a ridiculous amount of money even in football. It would make him one of the most highly paid players in the Country. 

I don't care how rich Terry. He is not turning down that kind of money to work with Steve bloody Round.

He's been on over a hundred grand for many yrs. Plus sponsorship deals, and bonuses from abramovich. If money was his motivation he could have gone abroad.

He's a tweet showing him doing his homework

Check out @villareport’s Tweet:

Very clear that his coaching badges were more important to him. Round is one of the best about in this field. Pretty clear what his motivation was. 

9 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

1 hour ago, Dave J said:

I really don't get how you can say this with any degree of certainty- look I have criticised Doug on many occasions over many many years - but one thing you can not take from Doug is his pride in Villa - we will never know for sure but I also don't believe we would be in this mess if he had stayed on - yes clearly he would have needed to seek investment from elsewhere - but you cannot take away that Doug is a proud man 

OBE is correct. You are totally wrong.

11 minutes ago, villan_007 said:

He's been on over a hundred grand for many yrs. Plus sponsorship deals, and bonuses from abramovich. If money was his motivation he could have gone abroad.

He's a tweet showing him doing his homework

Check out @villareport’s Tweet:

Very clear that his coaching badges were more important to him. Round is one of the best about in this field. Pretty clear what his motivation was. 

I do beleive the coaching badges were important to him. I also think he wished to stay in England and this was just as important. Had that 10m been offered by a team in this country and he turned it down to join Villa I'd be very surprised.

Any team in the UK could have offered him the same coaching support.

Be interesting to know who offered the 10M but I guess we'll never know. 

17 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Why couldn't they? (Obviously I'm talking about clubs that were trying to sign him, not Sunday league teams).

I don't for one minute believe Small Heath under Harry Redknapp would have been a useful or organised place to try to take coaching badges. 

3 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

I don't for one minute believe Small Heath under Harry Redknapp would have been a useful or organised place to try to take coaching badges. 

Fair point but let's not forget where our manager learnt a lot of his craft.

Plus Dirty Harry has been around the block. You could argue he has achieved a lot more as a manager than Bruce. 

6 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Fair point but let's not forget where our manager learnt a lot of his craft.

Plus Dirty Harry has been around the block. You could argue he has achieved a lot more as a manager than Bruce. 

You could, but it's an argument you'd lose.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Dave J said:

This is of course subjective and open to interpretation and individual opinion ?

When you look at where we were finishing 16th players protesting, cutbacks from Doug I think its safe to say it was almost certain we would have gone down the nwxt season. Also mon never have come if Doug was here

3 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

When you look at where we were finishing 16th players protesting, cutbacks from Doug I think its safe to say it was almost certain we would have gone down the nwxt season. Also mon never have come if Doug was here

Again purely subjective- it's impossible to know for sure - anyway my original post was more about Doug's passion for Villa which I don't think is questionable- the way he set about servicing the task is clearly up for debate in many fans views and I would probably be inclined to agree - how many big signings never happened and left us frustrated?

Â