John Terry

Farlz

3 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

His shirt was ripped in a challenge with a Preston player and it needed replaced.

The only spare shirt that we had was a nameless and numberless home shirt.

Not sure if he finished the game with it or got a real replacement at half time.

Ah ok, missed that. Second half had a new one with he his number on

Yes, that was his worst game since August and I was very disappointed he didn't calm the team down in the second half when we were charging around with our heads on fire. He looked pretty quiet and kind of uncomfortable to me. He needs to find a higher gear again. 

2 hours ago, AVTuco said:

JT, one of my heros this season, what's with you?

Poor for three consecutive games.

Too old to play 3 games in a week! 

He'll be right as rain after a rest. 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Xela said:

Too old to play 3 games in a week! 

He'll be right as rain after a rest. 

Yeah we've gotta to look after those legs and with a bit of light training this week he should be bang on fine for the QPR game on Saturday.

Will be nice to also have 'ideally' a fully fit squad again by then too with a bit of luck.

Edited by AvfcRigo82

11 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

The one when the player was clean through? I thought it was a brilliant tackle. Their fans think it should have been a red. Can't even see it again anywhere. 

Had a great view of it.... myself and all around convinced straight away he got the ball...fantastic tackle.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

The one when the player was clean through? I thought it was a brilliant tackle. Their fans think it should have been a red. Can't even see it again anywhere. 

He won the ball but the ref looked like he was going to give it then he saw it was Terry and didnt :lol:

except for that I dont think he was great

10 hours ago, alreadyexists said:

Still the best defender in this league. Obviously he has the drawbacks that come with age, but even 80% of JT is still the best defender in this league.

Agree with this that he's the best defender in this league this season. Also, if we are in a play off game/games, I couldn't wish for anyone better in the dressing room.  He must be a major influence to the rest of the team.  Great signing. 

• Like 1

In my lifetime I would easily put Paul McGrath as the best defender (player) I have ever seen at VP - followed closely by Martin Laursen after this I rate Terry alongside Alan Evans / Southgate / Ugo/  he is indeed in very high company.

• Like 1

Â