John Terry

Farlz

He's going to have total respect from the other players. No one will mess with him!  He'll sort the losers in the club out. Long-term replacement for Bruce - I doubt it his ambitions will be higher than us. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DCJonah said:

I think part of it will also be he probably knows he's not up to playing regular premier league football anymore. It would destroy his legacy a bit if he was getting embarrassed by top premier league attackers. 

I think it's probably a combination of the deal we've offered, the chance to finish on a high with getting a club like us promoted and that it's a level he feels he can succeed at when playing. 

Agreed. And I would not underestimate the possibility of being able to do his badges and coach or assistant manage perhaps at Aston Villa.

Well if anyone had said to me a former champions league winner, premier league winning captain and one of the best all time players in his position in the premier league would have joined us this season (or any of the last 5!) 

I'd have told them to bog off! Or words to that effect! 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, chrisvilla4 said:

Well if anyone had said to me a former champions league winner, premier league winning captain and one of the best all time players in his position in the premier league would have joined us this season (or any of the last 5!) 

I'd have told them to bog off! Or words to that effect! 

Yep - almost as much of a coup as RDM was ! 

11 minutes ago, dounavilla said:

New captain ?

Harsh on Chester... but I would probably give it to Terry. I suppose it depends on the amount of games he realistically can play. The schedule is quite demanding so not sure he could play all 46, even if injury free consistently through the season. 

Think Chester would understand. 

Ok.. so we got JT now.. i wasnt convinced.. but im coming around.. i still doubt whether he will make enough of an impact (with the amount of games he can play and if he still has it)

Positives though... what a player to have in your team when the heads drop. Players would feel more comfortable with a leader like JT in the side. He can organise.. and be our voice on the field. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, alreadyexists said:

Harsh on Chester... but I would probably give it to Terry. I suppose it depends on the amount of games he realistically can play. The schedule is quite demanding so not sure he could play all 46, even if injury free consistently through the season. 

Chester is a quiet unassuming type that leads by example. Im sure he will completely understand

• Like 2

6 hours ago, villan_007 said:

Nar not buying that. Premier league clubs who want him could offer double what we have offered. Even Celtic are in for him and offering champs league.

He wants to work with bruce and help him complete the brief. Get us up this yr end of. He isn't here for a mid table championship experience. It's silly to think otherwise.

Nah......"He just likes the name":)

• Like 1

Â