John Terry

Farlz

I think the sheer inertia of this pending signing will shake the whole football club......and everyone outside of B6 will have a different view of us.

from Bookmakers to opposing players......It will have an effect.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Am I the only one who thinks we're essentially paying whatever we've offered to pay to Terry almost exclusively in the hope that he can change the culture of the club?

I think it would also be to have him as a poster boy and because Tony wants to beat Birmingham to the signing.

1 hour ago, TRO said:

I think the sheer inertia of this pending signing will shake the whole football club......and everyone outside of B6 will have a different view of us.

I think a great many of them will be laughing at us.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sheepyvillian said:

I hope the racist snide never puts on a claret and blue shirt .

I don't want him to sign for West Ham either:)

• Like 3

3 hours ago, TRO said:

I dont think it will shake anything

8 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Am I the only one who thinks we're essentially paying whatever we've offered to pay to Terry almost exclusively in the hope that he can change the culture of the club?

Not to come in and be a major first team player, not to come in and be a leader on the pitch but to change the mindset of the club.

Maybe I'm completely wrong but I genuinely think this is the primary train of thought around signing him.

Whatever else you might think of him he's a winner, we have been losers for years now, if he can help bring about a change in club culture then frankly, whatever we pay him is insignificant.

I'm not saying you're wrong, but that seems like a very expensive way to inspire motivation. 

14 hours ago, Godders said:

Agree with all of that @Eastie. I was disputing the original claim he's dropping down to get promoted with us. He's not- he's dropping down because he doesn't want to move abroad and we're the ones who have so far seemingly offered the best contract. 

Nar not buying that. Premier league clubs who want him could offer double what we have offered. Even Celtic are in for him and offering champs league.

He wants to work with bruce and help him complete the brief. Get us up this yr end of. He isn't here for a mid table championship experience. It's silly to think otherwise.

• Like 1

Â