Transfer Speculation Summer 2017

Villan4Life

OK, sleeping with his team mates wife, that he got a super injunction over, because that's the kind of d**k he is.

Racially abusing a team mate. Fined two weeks wages, for an "incident" he had with some Americans at Heathrow, right after 9/11. Charged after a fight with night club bouncer. Investigated for taking money from an undercover reporter for doing unauthorised tours of the training ground. 

And on the pitch his constant berating of referees, encapsulates everything I can't stand about some modern footballers.

• Like 3

Forgetting the whole likelihood of it happening, I'd have to let my heart overrule my head on this one.

Yes he'd be a fantastic signing, yes he could probably boss this league, yes he'd be a coup and encourage others to join us. But ultimately he's a massive pr*ck. And not the good kind where he is that fighter that you all hate unless he's in your team.

Football is about emotion and whilst I may be as fickle on a number of issues as other supporters, there are a handful of lines in the sand and a few players that come under that category; Terry is one of them. Vile human being. I'd hate to see him in claret and blue.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, skarroki said:

Regarding John Terry

Could potentially be brought in as a player/ coach role, so he can study his badges while still playing. Would be fantastic for the big games in the league and cups, but he shouldn't need to play, for example, Burton at home. So as long as we don't rely on him he'd be a real statement of intent. 

Might persuade Joe Hart to join us too....... ;)

is the right answer for me, if he brings his winning mentality to the club, he puts a round of **** in to anyone trying to steal a living, does his badges, develop some yoof, as painful as it is to say bring some attention to a club struggling to stay relevant which might also increase our appeal to other players

theres only 2 potential negatives for me, he gets a stupid must play if fit contract (do they even exist or is it bullshit we all just assume?) he comes here with his flip flops on, cant see anything in his personality to suggest that would happen

Really am torn on the Terry thing.

First of all I still find it to bizarre to actually happen, and yes he is not a very nice person from the look of it.

But focusing on the football side there are pros and cons with him.

He is a "winner" to the core and an very vocal on-field leader that we sorely lack. The issue now would be if he still would wear his heart on his sleeve for us like he did for Chelsea? I have no idea.

At his prime he was very very good, this season every time he played he was directly or indirectly at fault for a goal and looked a very weak link in a brilliant Chelsea side. He looked off the pace in the PL. 

But then again we play in the Championship and his lack of form can be explained by him not playing regularly last season.

He reportedly wanted £100.000/w to sign for Bournemouth. If we can afford those kind of salaries we should be able to attract better and younger players. Then again he might not be after those kinds of money here if we can offer him something else he want's. Like a part role in coaching.

Would he improve us? Sure, unless he's out for a Lescott deal to just hang around and get paid. Terry doesn't strike me as that particular sort of prick. 

It all depends on his mental state of mind (and money) If he's motivated he could bring a lot of attitude and winning mentality of which we have non.

I just don't know, and as I said. It's too bizarre to be true. 

• Like 1

jurassic-park.jpg

Tony did say he wanted to create a theme park down at the Villa. 

Whelan and Terry will be the main attractions with Bruce playing the role of Muldoon "Clever Girl"

Edited by AshVilla

£5m we may have spent on someone else if divided by two years of wages equals nearly £40k a week that can be put on top of say another £40k a week - meaning we can probably do the wages for the Terry deal. Then massive bonus if we go up so he has something to aim for. I was dead against this earlier, but there is a big difference between how he has departed his last club and any other player we've signed at this age or on a free. 

If he's still got the fight for it and wants to play football to win, then I'm all for it. As long as we can afford the wages (not as bad if offset against free transfer), and he is coming here for the right reasons. Why not! 

Id love all our players to be nice, kind people. But ultimately, I just want to watch good footballers* win matches. 

*I have to confess to not watching him play for Chelsea last year, so if his legs really have gone and he won't last a season, I maybe wouldn't risk it. 

2 hours ago, jon_c said:

OK, sleeping with his team mates wife, that he got a super injunction over, because that's the kind of d**k he is.

Racially abusing a team mate. Fined two weeks wages, for an "incident" he had with some Americans at Heathrow, right after 9/11. Charged after a fight with night club bouncer. Investigated for taking money from an undercover reporter for doing unauthorised tours of the training ground. 

And on the pitch his constant berating of referees, encapsulates everything I can't stand about some modern footballers.

But other than that you'd be okay with it yeah?:D

I think Steve Bruce is going to do some serious long term damage to us. 

I think after his failure last year he's looking at the wrong sort of player as he knows he's not good enough to develop his own. 

Signing players over 35 and failing to get promoted next year is going to leave us in a right mess. I dread to think the state we could potentially be in. 

• Like 2

I was just about coming to terms with us bidding for Glen Whelan and then more tragic news that we could be signing John Terry :/

I reckon its total bullshit anyway and is probably Terry trying to use us to get interest from elsewhere. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Supervillan78 said:

Terry would be a blood fantastic signing. The English McGrath.

the English McGrath :o  

McGrath is 100 times the player Terry was, Terry was a good defender but he played mainly in strong defensive sides which didnt expose his weaknesses

• Like 3

Even at 37 Terry would be one of the best defender in this league. This is one of the best English defenders in history we are talking about.  

I doubt very much this could happen unless he very much wants to stay in the country and we are the closest club he can find too London. Would still be shocked. 

11 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Even at 37 Terry would be one of the best defender in this league.

Even at 37 Terry would be one of the most insufferable dickhead in this league.

Edited by VillanousOne

2 minutes ago, Mr_Dogg said:

I'd rather stay in the championship.

Anyway, Terry is physically finished, it doesn't matter what league he's in, he basically can't run.

agreed, he's useless from a footballing perspective, let alone how much of a thundering milk squirter he is

He played just 14 games last season. He turns 37 this year. 

Is he really going to be up for a 46 game, tough season in the championship? 

The cons far outweigh the pros on this one. I really hope Dr T hasn't let Bruce convince him on the players we need to sign. 

Terry and Whelan. Good lord. 

• Like 2