Transfer Speculation Summer 2017

Villan4Life

1 hour ago, rodders0223 said:

You are forgetting that amazing season he had when Stuart Pearce picked him to play for England. Think he got about a mammoth 3 goals that year.

I didnt. Pearce didn't call him up on the back of any great form. I have just checked to confirm. He had scored 6 league goals in 4 years when Pearce inexplicably called him up. Campbells record is atrocious.

Fikayo Tomori is that Chelsea youngster who was on loan at Brighton last year... only 19 but could be a decent back up central defender if we could get him on loan?

He's in the under 20 World Cup squad and likely to start tomorrow apparently. Would be great if we could get him in.

Edited by alreadyexists

15 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

Fikayo Tomori is that Chelsea youngster who was on loan at Brighton last year... only 19 but could be a decent back up central defender if we could get him on loan?

He's in the under 20 World Cup squad and likely to start tomorrow apparently. Would be great if we could get him in.

We've got young CB's at the club already We should promote our own were possible. Any loan player should be to challenge for the 1st team not be back up

Daryl Murphy leaving Newcastle.

Wouldn't shock me if we went for him as a short term targetman option while Kodjia recovers from injury. His record at championship level in recent years certainly suggests he could do a job up to xmas.

• Like 1

Just now, VillaChris said:

Toner was rubbish at Walsall.

. . . and Suliman was rubbish at Cheltenham. Absolutely no chance the club is waiting around to give the two of them room to develop. I personally doubt either of them will kick a ball in anger for the first team from here. 

• Like 1

Having just watched the u20 World Cup final there's a few players worth considering on loan in there. The likes of Cook and Onomah looking very accomplished and great on the ball. Solanke also just getting his move to Liverpool might be available on loan. 

9 minutes ago, villan-scott said:

Having just watched the u20 World Cup final there's a few players worth considering on loan in there. The likes of Cook and Onomah looking very accomplished and great on the ball. Solanke also just getting his move to Liverpool might be available on loan. 

Yes, there is some real talant there, it would be great to get one or two on loan to give us some depth his season.

• Like 1