Transfer Speculation Summer 2017

Villan4Life

8 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Is this based on tonights(1) game or?

I think it would be very unfair to judge him on one end of season international.. Age catches up with everybody eventually and he never had great passing abilities, plus we already have an old clogger on vast wages who can't pass or offer anything further up the pitch why do we need two ? 

It just highlights Bruce's footballing philosophy. WTF can he offer us we so desperately need ? How is he going to help us create more ? Shit signing from a shit manager 

We will be back for pre-season training within a month and I would hope we will bring in new loan/permanent players so they can get a full pre-season in with us before then. We need to start making contact with other clubs to try to get deals done sooner rather than later. Hoping to hear of us making a few more cheeky and otherwise enquiries in the next couple of weeks.   

52 minutes ago, John said:

We will be back for pre-season training within a month and I would hope we will bring in new loan/permanent players so they can get a full pre-season in with us before then. We need to start making contact with other clubs to try to get deals done sooner rather than later. Hoping to hear of us making a few more cheeky and otherwise enquiries in the next couple of weeks.   

I imagine we are preparing an offer for a player or two! As the jerknalists like to say! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, S-Platt said:

A foil for Kodija how about Crouch for a season or 2 seems to have the right attitude.

Crouch is still amusingly Stoke's best striker which says a lot about Mark Hughes transfers so don't see them letting him go.

13 hours ago, Junxs said:

I'm probably being really picky here, but it really irks me listening to Wyness interviews where he refers to The Premier League as "The Premiership". It was rebranded in the early 2000s yet 15 years later he still hasn't got with the times. He either lacks intelligence or is a complete dinosaur.

I am not criticising Wyness here but on a personal level I am starting to worry that after being out of the game for 8 years from 2008 that his school approach might prove to detrimental to our long term ambitions as football moves on and although he has the fabled football administration experience his ideas might now be outdated. (Based on no evidence btw just an opinion) I am not advocationg getting rid of him unless the ex plop guy Ayres wants the job either. 

Edited by thabucks

Would anyone take Wilfrid Bony on a season long loan? He will definitely be looking for a way out of city and was quality on his day.. Granted he didn't seem to fit in a Stoke but could be tempted with first team football.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, villa89 said:

There's a 0% chance of that being the case. He'll only be moving to another premier league club or abroad again. Why do people suggest names of players we have no chance of signing? It's not hard to be realistic about transfer targets.

I don't think he is a realistic target, but he is a player of interest. Whoever he dislodges would probably do a fine job for us. If he goes to:

Liverpool.....I'd take Mignolet or Karius

Everton.... I'd take Robles (less so Stekelenburg sp.)

West Bromwich...I'd take Foster

West Ham.....I'd take Randolph or Adrian

Bournemouth just got a new keeper in Begovic, so Boruc is available on a free.

There are so many great keepers playing second fiddle and getting no league playing time at all...

Vorm, Pantillimon, Ospina, Mandanda.

All better keepers than Sam Johnstone imo

5 minutes ago, Boumasbabies said:

I don't think he is a realistic target, but he is a player of interest. Whoever he dislodges would probably do a fine job for us. If he goes to:

Liverpool.....I'd take Mignolet or Karius

Everton.... I'd take Robles (less so Stekelenburg sp.)

West Bromwich...I'd take Foster

West Ham.....I'd take Randolph or Adrian

Bournemouth just got a new keeper in Begovic, so Boruc is available on a free.

There are so many great keepers playing second fiddle and getting no league playing time at all...

Vorm, Pantillimon, Ospina, Mandanda.

All better keepers than Sam Johnstone imo

No chance.

No chance.

No chance.

No chance.

1. They wouldn't come here.

2. I can pretty much guarantee we are looking at players who earn less than £20,000 a week.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

This is the important part of your post. Since it is, as you say, 'wholly unrealistic' to even imagine the idea (the guy is trying hard to retain his status as England Number 1!) then talking about a 'cheeky bid' is a waste of time. 

It is, but given he has done a "come get me plea" for sometime to sign him now, he must be desperate for first team football? Say comes to end of July/August time what if he hasn't found anything then? Will he be more desperate?

As I said, it is "wholly unrealistic", but stranger things happen. Perhaps "cheeky bid" is the wrong phrase, but why not make an enquiry to see how much and if any interest. What is the harm in that? I am saying there is no harm in that, but don't hold your breath and really we should be focusing on other targets. 

Again as I said, the more important part of Hart is where he goes to and who he dislodges (and perhaps in turn, who they dislodge).

2 hours ago, villan-scott said:

I imagine we are preparing an offer for a player or two! As the jerknalists like to say! 

We first have to "consider" a bid, then "Mull" over a bid. And all of this comes after checking our "radar"

We are weeks away from "preparing" 

25 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

2. I can pretty much guarantee we are looking at players who earn less than £20,000 a week.

Erm Glen Whealan will be on and looking for a lot more than £20k. Just saying. 

Someone like Mandanda is on about 80k a week at Palace, hasn't settled in London and wants to go back to Marseille.

Ospina has an offer to go to Fernebache, Turkish clubs pay a lot and I assume they're in the CL.

Not sure in what world those are realistic options for our next goalkeeper.

More realistic are the likes of Allan McGregor and Kieran Westwood imo.

Am I the only one kind of glad that we would be seen as beneath Joe Hart, because I don't actually think he's any bloody good?

The accolades he continues to get from British media and pundits, to me smacks of the fact that they've spent years wanking themselves silly over him and that it would now be a massive climb-down if they were to admit they were wrong.  He's over in Turin now and none of the elite sides in England want him, including his parent club.  West Ham are the latest link.  In a way he personifies England's international failings.  He is mediocrity that gets lauded and then found out, but persisted with nonetheless.

• Like 4

That rag the sun says Terry likes the challenge of teaming up with Bruce and Villa. Cant see it myself

Terry to Villa?

HERO AND VILLAN 

John Terry in Aston Villa talks with Chelsea legend keen on working with Steve Bruce

Former Blues and England skipper met Villa chief Bruce for talks about his future over a game in Portugal

EXCLUSIVE

By Alan Nixon

12th June 2017, 12:48 pm

JOHN TERRY is weighing up the possibility of signing for Aston Villa after a round of golf with Steve Bruce.

The former Chelsea and England skipper met Villa chief Bruce for talks about his future over a game at the Quinta do Lago resort in Portugal at the weekend.

Alex Bruce, Steve Bruce, John Terry and Paul Terry during a round of golf at the Quinta do Lago resort in the Algarve last week

Terry, 36, is keen on the idea of leading Villa out of the Championship back to the big time with a contract and a big promotion bonus.

Keep up to date with all the latest news, gossip, rumours and done deals in SunSport’s live transfer blog

The Chelsea legend likes the challenge on offer with Bruce’s club.

And he hit it off with the manager and former centre-half on their golfing get-together.

Bruce has been told he has to sell before he buys at Villa but owner Doctor Tony Xia would come up with a package for Terry.

Terry has already spoken to Bournemouth but may fancy teaming up with Bruce in a surprise next and possible final stage of his playing career.

John Terry could now link up with Aston Villa in the Championship

John Terry gets a guard of honour after being subbed on 26 minutes for Chelsea

Signing Terry would be a massive coup for Villa boss Bruce

Bournemouth remain the bookies' favourites to land Terry, but they have now slashed the odds on him heading to Villa Park.

Cherries boss Eddie Howe wants Terry’s renowned leadership qualities to beef up his back four to try to push even further up the league next season.

Terry has also had interest from China and the MLS.

He dropped a huge hint immediately after his last game for Chelsea on May 21 that he wants to continue playing for as long as possible.

Terry with the Premier League trophy as he bid farewell to Stamford Bridge

Eddie Howe has met with terry to discuss a move to Bournemouth

He said: "I am going to take a few weeks off now with my family to relax before making a decision (on my future).

"But I want to carry on playing, whether it be for one or two more years.

"And that is the reason I decided to leave the club as I did not want to stand in the way of all the young players."

Edited by Demitri_C

5 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

That rag the sun says Terry likes the challenge of teaming up with Bruce and Villa. Cant see it myself

We're joint second favourites with "Any Portuguese Club" at 6/1 apparently (WillHill).  This is because he played golf with Steve Bruce in Portugal.

(Bournemouth favourites to sign him at 4/5).