Transfer Speculation Summer 2017

Villan4Life

4 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

Transfermarkt has Wayne Hennessy as being out of contract this summer (and I've not heard he's signed with anyone), I would take him if it's on a free. He's not a world class keeper, but we need someone half-decent and I think he is.

I've said it a few times that there are some good frees to be had. I still like the idea of John Ruddy in goal on a free. 

• Like 2

Ruddy is overated. He had a great run of form when his goal was being battered non-stop and he couldn't lose either way but he's always got a mistake in him. That impressive time with Norwich is a long time ago.

As a Welshie and watching Hennesey a lot, he's a slightly better version of Ruddy but still a bit of a wreck despite being a giant. May as well give Sam Johnstone the season as he's before his prime and no worse than Ruddy or Hennesey. 

• Like 4

Yeah, I don't care that he is free... Ruddy is not the answer to our goalkeeping position. He has never really been that good, and pretty much gained an England call up because there is a shortage of English keepers. He is error prone, and we need better if we want promotion.

15 minutes ago, NeilS said:

Yeah, I don't care that he is free... Ruddy is not the answer to our goalkeeping position. He has never really been that good, and pretty much gained an England call up because there is a shortage of English keepers. He is error prone, and we need better if we want promotion.

You think there's a short of English keepers? Hart, Forster, Butland, Foster are all excellent in my opinion, you obviously think differently 

15 hours ago, sidcow said:

I don't want us to sign anyone for cover. I want us to sign someone who turns the current regular starter into the cover. 

That should be exactly the policy and I suspect it is. 

Tony Xia has said that none of the rumours of players linked so far have any truth in them. 

21 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

You think there's a short of English keepers? Hart, Forster, Butland, Foster are all excellent in my opinion, you obviously think differently 

That is still not many when you take into account three goalkeepers get called up for most friendlies. Only takes an injury or loss of form and he is in. Butland would also have been very young back then, so was probably seen as more the under 21 goalkeeper. Forster would have been up in Scotland back then, so may not have been considered as much as he should have been. 

My main point that he is not that good still stands though. He has not been a good goalkeeper for a few years now, which is probably why Norwich are not renewing his contract.

30 minutes ago, NeilS said:

That is still not many when you take into account three goalkeepers get called up for most friendlies. Only takes an injury or loss of form and he is in. Butland would also have been very young back then, so was probably seen as more the under 21 goalkeeper. Forster would have been up in Scotland back then, so may not have been considered as much as he should have been. 

My main point that he is not that good still stands though. He has not been a good goalkeeper for a few years now, which is probably why Norwich are not renewing his contract.

Fair enough 

This links us to Amari'i Bell from Fleetwood Town (no idea if he's good or not as didn't watch them last year) and links us with Forren again. I'm pretty sure it's just some close season nonsense to keep people reading, but I like the speculation nonetheless! 

There's a piece on who the Birmingham Mail writers want us to sign. There's the likes of Will Hughes, Jota, Tom Lawrence, and Marc Roberts on there. To be honest I'd be happy with any of those, all would be better mind you. :-)

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

There's a piece on who the Birmingham Mail writers want us to sign. There's the likes of Will Hughes, Jota, Tom Lawrence, and Marc Roberts on there. To be honest I'd be happy with any of those, all would be better mind you. :-)

I saw that too, even just Will Hughes and Tom Lawrence would be really positive and give us a lot more competition.

• Like 2

On 5/31/2017 at 09:39, DCJonah said:

I do love this Disney movie idea that time and patience is the answer to all problems. 

you do love to play the game of distort everything that is said to return to your original thoughts.

watch my lips.....No one to my knowledge is saying time in isolation will fix anything......but when a project is started to repair a major demise, it requires the necessary time to fix all the factors.

Its the patience to do the job.

If you thought some manager was going to come in and bingo 7 years of decline would disappear, you are misguided.

Edited by TRO

On 6/2/2017 at 19:01, TrentVilla said:

We won't be going for the likes of Forren this summer.

I know sometimes you need to be cryptic on here, but do you mean as in we will be signing better players than this, or similar level but in a different situation, or worse because we have no money, or something else? If you can say . . .

2 hours ago, TRO said:

you do love to play the game of distort everything that is said to return to your original thoughts.

watch my lips.....No one to my knowledge is saying time in isolation will fix anything......but when a project is started to repair a major demise, it requires the necessary time to fix all the factors.

Its the patience to do the job.

If you thought some manager was going to come in and bingo 7 years of decline would disappear, you are misguided.

So should Sherwood have been given more time? Eric Black?

There's no point giving time if the repair is never going to get completed or if it's going to make things worse. 

3 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

I know sometimes you need to be cryptic on here, but do you mean as in we will be signing better players than this, or similar level but in a different situation, or worse because we have no money, or something else? If you can say . . .

Yeah, Zat Knight, Didier Agathe, Salifiou, and Jordan Bowery have been sounded out.

Desperate times and all that.

:ph34r:

EDIT: Just remembered, I randomly saw Zat Knight on the E Channel with his Lady and that Famous Hollywood Medium.

His bird is tasty!

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN