Transfer Speculation Summer 2017

Villan4Life

3 hours ago, Junxs said:

They are not household names now either, the right manager can come in and get things going from the off. Big Ron, John Gregory didn't need 2seasons before showing signs of improvement. They got them playing like a bat out of hell.

As for those saying "years of negativity doesn't just disappear" sorry but thats just an excuse. How many of the current starting xi have been here for those years..

I started going down in 1959

The season before last  we accumulated 3 wins was the worst I have ever seen.

I don't think I have the vocabulary to accurately describe that.....most of us knew half way through the season, we were dead meat......I have never remotely known that low level of spirit, before in a Villa Team.

I am no expert on how long the things take.....but that was no normal season to be compared with any other.

Football clubs are notoriously discreet in hiding deficiencies and reluctant to hold inquests too.....but my god that was some administration I would put of par with the Normansells

How long does it take? I have no idea.....but its no ordinary repair.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 2

Well we've replaced almost everyone, from owner down to manager, coaches and 90% of the players. So that should be a good start.

Anticimex probably couldn't have done a better job clearing out the pest from the previous regime and the team that failed us so miserably our last season in the PL-

This seasons failings in the Championship is IMO almost all down to the people currently running the club. Xia excluded.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, sne said:

Well we've replaced almost everyone, from owner down to manager, coaches and 90% of the players. So that should be a good start.

Anticimex probably couldn't have done a better job clearing out the pest from the previous regime and the team that failed us so miserably our last season in the PL-

This seasons failings in the Championship is IMO almost all down to the people currently running the club. Xia excluded.

So the board minus Xia are responsible for this seasons failure?

Realistically a 7th/8th place position would have been acceptable in the first season in the Championship after the horror show in the Premiership the previous season. We would have all liked automatic or playoffs but when you look at how bad we were... people are writing off Sunderlands chances already but we were on par with them if not worse.

The fact we finished 13th is down to the restructuring of the team, the amount of players we brought in during each window and the lack of tactical structure during the season as a whole from the management. Yes the board made the wrong decision in RDM but I wouldn't say the seasons failing are completely down to them.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, wilko154 said:

So the board minus Xia are responsible for this seasons failure?

Realistically a 7th/8th place position would have been acceptable in the first season in the Championship after the horror show in the Premiership the previous season. We would have all liked automatic or playoffs but when you look at how bad we were... people are writing off Sunderlands chances already but we were on par with them if not worse.

The fact we finished 13th is down to the restructuring of the team, the amount of players we brought in during each window and the lack of tactical structure during the season as a whole from the management. Yes the board made the wrong decision in RDM but I wouldn't say the seasons failing are completely down to them.

The board, the management team (and the players.)

Not just the board, with running the club I also meant the football side of things, sorry if that wasn't clear.

• Like 2

So whats the problem?

Gaby Richards & Bunn

If they are all leaving, great.

Staying (Gaby & Richards) we have no choice.

Maybe Bunn as back up, I dont agree with that but if a new nr1 is coming in then maybe its not as bad as it seems with 2 young keepers coming through

31 minutes ago, BOF said:

Read from the bottom.  Interesting series of tweets from this Leicestershire based agent this morning.

87d547a35d7de6a97ca1d288fd9dd330.png

My guess would be that Bruce wants to keep the 3 and the board want them gone. That's the disagreement and the decision to make is based on Bruce's future.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mjvilla said:

My guess would be that Bruce wants to keep the 3 and the board want them gone. That's the disagreement and the decision to make is based on Bruce's future.

My guess is it has nothing to do with Bruce, by virtue of the fact that Bruce and the board probably agreed who was staying and who was going months ago. Hence why Wyness is already working on ins.

My guess is the players kicking up a stink.

That's if there is actually a thing at all.

37 minutes ago, Godders said:

My guess is it has nothing to do with Bruce, by virtue of the fact that Bruce and the board probably agreed who was staying and who was going months ago. Hence why Wyness is already working on ins.

My guess is the players kicking up a stink.

That's if there is actually a thing at all.

So what if the players kick up a stink? If the club don't want them, they go. The board won't care if these players throw a paddy because they're gone anyway. What decision do the board have to make? Get rid of the players? They're already going! It has to be more than that in my mind. Like you said though, if there is anything to it. Which there's a high percentage here isn't!

19 minutes ago, Mjvilla said:

Like you said though, if there is anything to it. Which there's a high percentage here isn't!

He's the guy who came out with the news that Calder and Cowans have been let go from the academy, so IF he's right on that then he may have an ear in BMH.  I dunno.