Transfer Speculation Summer 2017

Villan4Life

So with Begovic going to Bournemouth, could Boruc be an option for us?

He had a good season but is 37 y.o so it would be a 1 season solution.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, sne said:

So with Begovic going to Bournemouth, could Boruc be an option for us?

He had a good season but is 37 y.o so it would be a 1 season solution.

Certainly possible. John Ruddy would be my choice on a free. 

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Didn't the Randy Era also turn us INTO top 4 challengers though?

He did, but the poor record of investment in players was unsustainable and the cash flow was switched off.

The confidence in the transfer market had drained the life out of us......possibly 6/7 decent players out of c38

He then lost interest in the club ,hence our demise.

3 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Didn't the Randy Era also turn us INTO top 4 challengers though?

Oh yes, I forgot we are now regularly challenging for top 4 in the Premier League.

What's the point of your post?

8 hours ago, Phumfeinz said:

Oh yes, I forgot we are now regularly challenging for top 4 in the Premier League.

What's the point of your post?

Presumably that Lerner initially turned us into top 4 challengers...

...before turning us into top 4 worst Premier League team of all time B)

• Like 1

15 hours ago, TRO said:

What we haven't tried is giving the manager time supported by a chairman on the same wave length, with funds to boot.

I guess a building half way through construction looks like a bag of shite......but we have to wait for it to be finished, to give proper judgment.

a team like villa is no different.....first season he has to just stop the rot......He has IMO

The visual entertainment will come with strengthening, playing time together, camaraderie,blend, confidence.....its slowly, slowly improve....there will be troughs, but the overall will be peak.

I do love this Disney movie idea that time and patience is the answer to all problems. 

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

I do love this Disney movie idea that time and patience is the answer to all problems. 

Well it obviously isn't, but chopping and changing manager has so far seen us drop to our lowest league finish for God knows how long. 

I'm game for trying out a little bit of stability, for a change. 

• Like 2

I assume the formula would be stability + a boatload of money?

Because stability for the sake of it under Lambert only made us progressively worse for 3 seasons.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bobzy said:

Well it obviously isn't, but chopping and changing manager has so far seen us drop to our lowest league finish for God knows how long. 

It could be though that Villa finding themselves in that position is due to the wrong choice of manager than change. What have Villa's recent appointments done since leaving Villa?

• Like 4

1 hour ago, bobzy said:

Is that the reason? I think lack of funds and terrible transfer policy affected us much more than chopping and changing.

Let's face it, the damage was done with just Lambert and Sherwood. The rest of chopping and changing was a desperate attempt to save us. Not the cause IMO. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, TRO said:

Patiently build.

read it again, the clue is in the third line.....blend.

GH we can all pick individuals, but it might not make a team......I don't suspect Nobby Stiles was one of the best players in England before we won the World Cup.

Our Euro Winning TEAM was not house hold names.

but they was teams, not 11 individuals like us.....but it takes time.

Yes......Its up to the manager to blend them.....but it don't happen in 5 minutes.

They are not household names now either, the right manager can come in and get things going from the off. Big Ron, John Gregory didn't need 2seasons before showing signs of improvement. They got them playing like a bat out of hell.

As for those saying "years of negativity doesn't just disappear" sorry but thats just an excuse. How many of the current starting xi have been here for those years..

I think Nathan Ake & Andreas Christensen could be tempted. they won't be getting much game time at Chelski.

Mo Besic at Everton is another one who I've always liked, seems to have a bit of steel about him. Bad injury recently though and only getting back, could be good for a change for both him & the club.

Our forwards SHOULD be good enough at this level & have good potential, but I'm hoping they can sort themselves out this year and get amongst the goals more often.

• Like 1

http://readastonvilla.com/2017/05/31/jonathan-kodjias-representative-meets-fernabahce/

JONATHAN KODJIA’S REPRESENTATIVE MEETS WITH FERNABAHCE

Jonathan Kodjia’s representative has apparently met with Fernabahce to discuss a possible move for his client, according to a report in Turkish outlet Fotomac.

According to the report, Kodjia’s contract with Aston Villa contains a clause which allows him to leave the club on loan because they failed to gain promotion to the ...

13 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

If we've put a loan clause in we are idiots! There's no point we either sell him or we play him. I'd say his agent is probably touting him around as that's what they do but loaning out a 27 year old would end up costing us money. 

• Like 1