Transfer Speculation Summer 2017

Villan4Life

If Whelan means we will never see Hourihane or Lansbury playing deep when Jedinak is injured i 100% approve of this signing.

Keep them up the pitch please.

Edited by AshVilla
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

If Whelan means we will never see Hourihane or Lansbury playing deep when Jedinak is injured i 100% approve of this signing.

Keep them up the pitch please.

When you say "keep them up the pitch", surely you mean "get them up the pitch"? As they nor anyone else has really been up the pitch so far.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Junxs said:

Sorry but we should be looking to improve the first team, not the back up. Rumour has it we are only planning on signing 3-4 players. If one of those is a back up midfielder I would be fuming. Especially when you consider one of those 4 will be a keeper. So that would only leave 2 more signings.. Do you still see that as an instant improvement?

Whelan was still a regular for Stoke last year.

He isn't coming here to sit on the bench.

2 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Whelan was still a regular for Stoke last year.

He isn't coming here to sit on the bench.

I was replying to JV who suggested he'd be better than Toshiba. 

But since you seem so certain he wouldn't be a bench warmer, who do you think he is going to replace? Jedinak, Lansbury or Hourihane? 

Jedinak missed loads of games second half of the season, no way another year on he's playing 40 +.

I think first choice midfield would be Whelan with Lansbury and Hourihane ahead.

Jedinak will rotate with Baker at the back as an aerially dominanting CB brings out the best in Chester.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Jedinak missed loads of games second half of the season, no way another year on he's playing 40 +.

I think first choice midfield would be Whelan with Lansbury and Hourihane ahead.

Jedinak will rotate with Baker at the back as an aerially dominanting CB brings out the best in Chester.

I agree with you and I think Whelan would be a good addition on a 1 or 2 year deal

5 hours ago, bobzy said:

Glenn Whelan is wank and also a thug. **** that. 

I can't comment on the first bit because i watch very little non Villa related football anymore. Regarding the second bit, i really think we have missed a nasty little sh#t at this football club for years. 

Our team has such a soft underbelly that i really wouldn't mind seeing a bit of a thug in the team. Obviously not at the expense of any footballing ability. 

19 minutes ago, av1 said:

I can't comment on the first bit because i watch very little non Villa related football anymore. Regarding the second bit, i really think we have missed a nasty little sh#t at this football club for years. 

Our team has such a soft underbelly that i really wouldn't mind seeing a bit of a thug in the team. Obviously not at the expense of any footballing ability. 

Well with whelan I'm afraid it would be at the expense of any footballing ability.  He isn't good, at all....and im irish so i should be biased. A slight upgrade on westwood in so far as he has a bit more physical presence but the same as westwood in that he'll run around like a headless chicken, always arriving late at the opposing player with the ball, passes are too safe. Gives you the impression  he's getting through a load of work. Not needed. Best thing tony could do is get on the blower to gary monk before someone else does.

Edited by Johnnyp
error