Transfer Speculation Summer 2017

Villan4Life

On 2017-04-27 at 00:06, HanoiVillan said:

This seems like a question for trivia fans, or possibly the Guardian's 'Knowledge' column: have any fans ever before attempted to turn the music of noted Mancunian miserabilist Morrissey into a chant before? 

I wish we would have sang Roy's keen when Roy Keane was the nr 2 :) but that's probably for another thread...

If you're talking Morrissey (Smiths) songs that suit Villa surely it has to be Heaven Knows I'm Miserable Now! 

I suppose you could adapt songs to suit us, like: My Club In A Coma? Although, there's some songs that don't need touching - Panic! Stop me if you've heard this one before, How soon is now? I started something I couldn't finish.

A few of those seem to relate to our last few managers! 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, villarocker said:

If you're talking Morrissey (Smiths) songs that suit Villa surely it has to be Heaven Knows I'm Miserable Now! 

I suppose you could adapt songs to suit us, like: My Club In A Coma? Although, there's some songs that don't need touching - Panic! Stop me if you've heard this one before, How soon is now? I started something I couldn't finish.

Sherwood Strikes Again

Frankly not Mr Shankly

9 minutes ago, villarocker said:

Or during the 80s... Frankly Mr Shankly

Michael Carrick is 35 and has put in 19 appearances for Man Utd this year, out of contract in June... if his wages aren't ridiculous (which they probs would be) then I wouldn't say no if we could tempt him here for one season.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, alreadyexists said:

Michael Carrick is 35 and has put in 19 appearances for Man Utd this year, out of contract in June... if his wages aren't ridiculous (which they probs would be) then I wouldn't say no if we could tempt him here for one season.

I would jump at the opportunity to sign Carrick. Can't see us pulling something like this off though, which is a shame.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, alreadyexists said:

A move to boyhood club Newcastle United, I think.

8 hours ago, alreadyexists said:

I think he's on £90k a week at Man U

Tammy Abrahams on loan to replace Kodj 

If we can't get Loftus Cheek on loan then maybe look at Lewis Baker.

Bruce has always utilised the loan market, so I think 3 loans. 4 first team signings and a couple for the future 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

As would I, does anyone know if Samba is still training with us?

Yep apparently decision to be made during pre season. Personally take gassing over samba any day 

18 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Tammy Abrahams on loan to replace Kodj 

If we can't get Loftus Cheek on loan then maybe look at Lewis Baker.

Bruce has always utilised the loan market, so I think 3 loans. 4 first team signings and a couple for the future 

Good shout about Abrahams 

2 hours ago, Xela said:

I think he's on £90k a week at Man U

I wouldn't be surprised, but from June he's on £0 a week isn't he? So maybe an offer of something a week would get him... nah, it's pie in the sky, and never going to happen. He's the kind of player I wouldn't be averse to though.

11 hours ago, alreadyexists said:

He will have offers from the league above us if he does not get another year at Old Trafford so I'm afraid I cannot see this one happening he will be more likely to rock up at WBA or as said already Newcastle I would guess.