Transfer Speculation Summer 2017

Villan4Life

Looking forward to us making Andy Carroll our marquee signing for £15-20m in the summer, only to have him sitting injured for 3/4 games of the season picking up £90 k/w :(

10 hours ago, GingerCollins29 said:

Get Scott Carson from derby. Solid gk. Been excellent for derby this year and was the fans player of the season. 

Not a good idea.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Supervillan78 said:
May be a little unrealistic but I'd like to see us go for Vorm. Decent keeper hardly gets a game at Spurs.

He's very good but I don't think he'd drop to the Championship unfortunately, good suggestion though

41 minutes ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

Norwich are releasing John Ruddy, Sebastien Bassong, Steven Whittaker, Ryan Bennett, Youssouf Mulumbu, Michael Turner and Kyle Lafferty

Some good players there, I'd take any of them on a free

2 hours ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

Norwich are releasing John Ruddy, Sebastien Bassong, Steven Whittaker, Ryan Bennett, Youssouf Mulumbu, Michael Turner and Kyle Lafferty

Ruddy, perhaps.  The others aren't good enough/don't add anything.

Always thought Ryan Bennett & Ruddy were useful players and reading the comments from Norwich fans, releasing them may have been as much to do with their wages as to their ability? 

John Ruddy and Ryan Bennett were the two surprise names to be told they won’t form part of the club’s revival next season.

City had options on both players to renew their deals but they have decided they can pursue better value elsewhere.

Many fans will be glad to see the back of the other five players after an underwhelming campaign, which ultimately cost Alex Neil his job.

http://www.edp24.co.uk/sport/norwich-city/stuart-webber-is-becoming-more-and-more-of-a-hero-norwich-city-fans-react-as-it-s-revealed-seven-players-including-john-ruddy-and-ryan-bennett-won-t-have-contracts-renewed-1-4999088

I'd take both here as replacements for Elphick & Bunn and invest ££££ elsewhere. 

• Like 2

To be a bit more specific:

Mulumbu is a decent player, who is sadly now never off the injury table, which is why he's gone. Ruddy was a good goalkeeper who got into the England squad on merit five years ago but has suffered a startling drop in form over the last two years. He's no better than Mark Bunn, whose contract we aren't extending (seemingly). 

The rest are just trash. We're looking to build a squad to dominate the division, not fill up a bomb squad with everyone else's cast-offs. 

Edited by HanoiVillan

In light of Johnny Kodjia's injury news I think we should make a season-long loan deal a priority as soon as the window opens. Get Tammy Abraham in hopefully. 

Need to try to offload McCormack, Tshibola and a few others ASAP and free-up some funds/wages for replacements. 

1 hour ago, HanoiVillan said:

None of them are good enough. That's why they're being released. 

I think wages is another reason... especially in Ruddy's case. I think he'd want too much to re-sign