Transfer Speculation Summer 2017

Villan4Life

1 hour ago, CosmicVillan said:

I think we need a proper keeper..can't we get Begovic ?

Begovic?? Well I suppose if we kidnapped him, drugged him and kept him against will, and then used threats against his family to force him to play for us. Then yes we could get him. 

Other than that, no not in anyway is there any hope we could lure a 2nd choice keeper who is heading for the PL title and CL football to our club. 

Edited by Villan_of_oz
  • Like 3

12 hours ago, alreadyexists said:

I wonder if we could tempt back Marc Albrighton, Leicester aren't doing anything special next year and he's not amazing so won't get many offers, and he a villa fan (he was at the SHA game wasn't he?). To be honest though he'll likely get offers from lower PL clubs that he'd take before us, but I think he would improve us.

He's played in over 40 games for Leicester this season and last year, if he was to become available, especially on a free transfer, there would be most teams in the Prem queuing up to speak to him. Having said that, Leicester aren't stupid and I don't think they'd let him leave on a free, if he goes anywhere it'll be for big money. 

Maybe if/when we're back in the Prem

• Like 1

3 hours ago, skarroki said:

He's played in over 40 games for Leicester this season and last year, if he was to become available, especially on a free transfer, there would be most teams in the Prem queuing up to speak to him. Having said that, Leicester aren't stupid and I don't think they'd let him leave on a free, if he goes anywhere it'll be for big money. 

Maybe if/when we're back in the Prem

Agreed. A few people have been mentioning how they think he won't fetch big money or isn't good enough to find a team in the Prem but personally I find that baffling. He's a very good player in the PL and would find a home at many of the teams battling for midtable. He is easily a 8-12m player in the current inflated market. 

Edited by NashVillan

33 minutes ago, NashVillan said:

Agreed. A few people have been mentioning how they think he won't fetch big money or isn't good enough to find a team in the Prem but personally I find that baffling. He's a very good player in the PL and would find a home at many of the teams battling for midtable. He is easily a 8-12m player in the current inflated market. 

8-12m for Marc is a steal for any team. 

• Like 1

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/939612/aston-villa-boss-steve-bruce-eyes-shock-move-for-celtic-outcast-logan-bailly/?CMP=Spklr-_-Editorial-_-scotsunsport-_-Sport-_-FBLink-_-Statement-_-TWITTER

ASTON VILLA boss Steve Bruce wants to grab Celtic’s Belgian goalkeeper Logan Bailly in a surprise move.

Bailly, 31, has been playing Under-20s football as an over-age player for the Glasgow giants this season and Villa are keen on taking him to England.

The former Genk and Borussia Monchengladbach No1 would have a chance to be first choice at Villa next season and Bruce wants to snap him up as part of a summer signing spree.

Edited by Supervillan78

Albrighton, bless him has a decent delivery and works hard. That is about it, it can be effective but nowhere near a £12m -15m player. Even in this bizarre market. I think your valuations are screwed due to our terrible business.

• Like 1

On 4/27/2017 at 17:21, bobzy said:

5th best defence, 5th (and 9th) individual top scorer in the division, 1st and 2nd individual top assisters in the division...

...yet the ones being blind are the people who aren't solely focusing their thoughts based on our league position.

Yeah, OK :detect: 

5th nest defence because we are a horribly negative team that sits deep and put most of our plyers behind the ball not because our defenders are good.

5th top scorer who is a very talented guy who has scored the lions share of the teams goals on his own

9th top scorer : how many are for villa? 1 i believe

1st and 2nd top assists: again vast majority of those assists were nit for aston villa.

You know bruce has got 4 protions from this division that must mean we got promoted... oh wait, we didnt...

Just because players get goals and assists at other club doesnt nevessarily mean they are good players and can do it somewhere else. 

Particularly in the case of hourihane and lansbury : the clubs they came from played very differently to the way we play and the players themselves played very different roles in those teams compared to the roles they fill in ours.

Based on how they perform in their current roles in their current team they are far from good enough.

On 4/27/2017 at 22:40, bobzy said:

I'm happy enough with the manager but not how we play.  I think both the squad and the manager are good enough to challenge for promotion. 

I'd flip these questions - which other squad in this league would you swap ours for, and the same question on managers?

There are at least 6 squads and managers that id pick over ours as they either won promotion or a playoff place.

Stats and reputation mean nothing if you dont get results and 11 squads and managers have amassed better results than us this season.

Assuming we are to play 4-3-3 as our primary formation i'd expect a squad balance as follows:

3 x GK

2 x RB

2 x LB

4 x CB

2 X DCM

4 X CM

3 X WF

3 X CF

Leaving 2 spaces plus any u21 players.

Steer is unproven, i believe Bunn is out of contract and i've not seen enough of any of our younger keepers to include them so we need 2 GK signings

Bree is our starting RB for me, and we have an aging Hutton and a returning De Laet. Either one of these could take a spare squad place but RB appears covered.

Taylor is our starting LB, and my sources at the club tell me Amavi is unlikely to be at the club next season. Whilst we could gamble on De Laet or Hutton covering i'd rather we signed a dedicated LB (though i think Taylor is good enough, if we are looking at a LB we could upgrade).

Chester and Baker are our current starting CB. Bruce doesnt appear keen to use Elphick or Richards who are our backups so i think we can assume we will see at least 1 if not 2 new CB's come in. Again, if we are looking why not upgrade?

Jedinak for me is our only DCM. We need another, so why not upgrade?

Lansbury, Hourihane, Gardner, Bacuna and Thor are our CM options.  Whilst this may appear sufficient i dont feel Gardner and Bacuna are good enough, whilst i'm still undecided on Thor. If we can find buyers i think we need to upgrade these 2 with players at least as good as Lansbury and Hourihane appeared at their previous clubs.

Adomah and Green are our only recognised wingers (you could lump Grealish in here but i frankly dont think he fits into our squad at all). I dont think any of our wingers are good enough and this is an area that needs at least 1 signing.

Kodjia and Hogan are fine strikers on there day (and i mean fine in the 'fine art' way and not in 'they are ok' way). But strikers lose form and confidence and we need more options. McCormack, Gabby arent up to it IMO and jury is still out on RHM so perhaps a loan signing here?

So thats 6-9 players coming in just to balance the squad. Now, we do have a lot of returning loan players who could take these spots, but thats a big if.

I'm also not saying this all needs to be done in a single window but its what i believe we need to compete for automatic promotion.

(Please dont sign Johnstone!!!)

• Like 3

8 hours ago, flashingqwerty said:

There are at least 6 squads and managers that id pick over ours as they either won promotion or a playoff place.

Stats and reputation mean nothing if you dont get results and 11 squads and managers have amassed better results than us this season.

Well, as there are 11 better squads and managers in the division, then we will finish exactly where we should do!

Successful season for Aston Villa. 

On 4/30/2017 at 13:52, Dale said:

Poor defender, scores goals... 

25 goals in 3 seasons isn't it? not bad at all.. Never really seen him play much though so taking your word for it.

Edited by Villan4Life

11 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Have Leeds signed jansson yet? He looks like a real warrior cb. 

If Newcastle are willing to sell gayle I'd go for him

Crazy thing is Jansson turned us down to come and play in our youth team when he was 16. I remember we wanted him under MON

Pontus chooses MFF instead of Aston Villa

Published 29 Jun 2007 at 07.49
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Young giant talent Pontus Jansson, 16, has made a big decision about the future. 
The offer from the English big club Aston Villa is attractive, but the heart beats for Malmö FF. 
"My dream has always been to get into the Malmö stadium," says Jansson.
As KvP has previously revealed, MFF's young midfielder Pontus Jansson is chased by Premier League club Aston Villa. However, the one-week test training offer is not as attractive as an A-team debut for Malmö FF. 
"The goal is to take a place in the A team and I feel that the club has a lot of confidence in me. 

"Flattering"

"It's flattering that Aston Villa is interested in me, but it must feel right to take the lead in Europe and it's not right now. 
In England, there is already a possible transitional sum. According to the English media, Pontus Jansson's price tag is 500,000 pounds, just over seven million Swedish kronor. Information that is, however, denied by Malmö FF. 
"It sounds like a good sum, but we would have put that price tag not right," said Staffan Tapper, youth manager of the MFF. 

"The chance does not disappear"

Pontus Jansson has three and a half years left on the contract with MFF. The decision to stay in Sweden and continue to develop in Malmö is nothing he regrets. 
"The chance to play for an international big club disappears not only because I choose to stay in the MFF. I am quite convinced that there will be more chances as long as I continue to work hard. 

Long after the A team

The fact that agents from international big clubs are constantly watching him is not stressed by him. In the autumn, the football gymnasium is waiting for ProCivitas in Malmö and the pursuit of the desirable A-team debut for MFF continues. 
- I take it as it comes. If I get the chance to work out or play with the A team, I'm prepared, says Pontus Jansson.

http://www.expressen.se/sport/fotboll/pontus-valjer-mff-i-stallet-for-aston-villa/

Edited by Villan4Life
  • Like 3