Transfer Speculation Summer 2017

Villan4Life

38 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

What about the LB issue.

An injury to Taylor and we will have to play someone like Birkir there.

De Laet apparently is a left back as well as a right back.

6 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

If Samba is the answer I don't even want to know the question!

What is a Brazilian musical genre and dance style, with its roots in Africa via the West African slave trade and African religious traditions, particularly of Angola and the Congo, through the samba de roda genre of the northeastern Brazilian state of Bahia, from which it derived.

Doesn't seem to be that offensive ;)

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Grumpy_Lion said:

If Mccormack is moving on and Kodja still out for a while I think we are quite in need of a striker. Look back at last season without Kodja, we really struggled to score goals. If Bruce thinks our young strikers are good enough, then we could look to them, if not then I do think we need to buy. Personally i'd like to see 3 main strikers, Kodja Hogan and someone new with Gabby as a fourth choice. We know how hard the championship is, you need at least 3/4 good stikers especially with the amount of games you play each week and injuries which occur from this.

Agreed, if Ross is not getting a look in as appears likely I think that we do need to bring in another striker on loan or permanently. I would guess a loan would be the better option with an eye on FFP. Could JT have another quick word with Chelsea or SB have another with Manchester United? ;)

Edited by John
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, TRO said:

you're a hard man:)

he is for free.

Yeah I know and I get no pleasure from it. I want to be promoted. I'm not a charity. He's not up to it. 

12 hours ago, Villan4Life said:
Would someone like Shinji Okazaki on loan from Leicester or Leonardo Ulloa also on loan be worth a shot? neither have featured much for Leicester and and both could do a job

After tonight i can see Okazaki being available :P

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, nnock1984 said:

I thought this, but on Wednesday when De Laet came on he went to right back and Bree moved over to the left. 

1st game back break him in gently. I'd rather we signed a cover though once RDL has proved fitness then let Hutton go. 

I remember looking at my dad in sheer disbelief when he said that he was literally bored to tears after watching us lose at home to arsenal (when terry neill was their manager, late 70s/early 80s - mike pejic played that day...)

He came over from Ireland in the late 50s and went to villa one week and sha the next, mainly to see the likes of Preston Bolton Blackpool Stoke or whoever had great players at that time. 

35 yrs later i can totally see what he meant. Mediocrity served up by overpaid prima donna types is often seen as class and the word "legend" has lost it's true meaning.

£18m for a rocket polisher like Andre Gray.....much more of this and i too could be done.

Edited by mottaloo
Spelling mistakes

2 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

At this rate I'll absolutely no interest in football at all.

I don't get this at all. I LOVE football, at all levels. I love playing and watching locally (I play at the second worst team in the bottom division of the Herefordshire league, so I'm shit) I play as often as is possible, I watch local games as much as I can. I will watch as much going up through the pyramid as is possible. My local team, Hereford, are working there way back up through the divisions to try and get football league. I love reading about potential transfers in the non-league paper. Trying to find players I remember. I love watching the football league show. I love watching MOTD, I love watching as many games as possible!! Do I agree with the money being spent then no, I hate that bit. It's really really shit. But when it 11v11 on the pitch wether it be Southport v Macclesfield or The Manc derby, I love it and can honestly say I'd never, ever lose interest in watching football.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

8I agree with many.

The money being thrown around in football nowadays is just ridiculous.

In my view the extra tv revenue that has came in should have been designed to be used more properly and stabalise teams finances etc.

Instead it has all been pissed in the air on over inflated valuations and it gas sent football crazy.

Like TRO it does not affect me.. but it is killing the game.

When we have had a team locally to me Rushden & Diamonds who have gone into administration and sadly folded and one of the best stadiums for non league demolished.

When you see and hear the values, fee's and wages brandished around now I find it absolutely astonishing and sickening.

And now we have FFP that is only designed to keep the elite seperate from the rest of football leaving no chance for smaller clubs to ever catch up.

The upper 1% compared to the poorer clubs and at this rate the gap will widen.

It is just gone crazy and for the worst!

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Mjvilla said:

I don't get this at all. I LOVE football, at all levels. I love playing and watching locally (I play at the second worst team in the bottom division of the Herefordshire league, so I'm shit) I play as often as is possible, I watch local games as much as I can. I will watch as much going up through the pyramid as is possible. My local team, Hereford, are working there way back up through the divisions to try and get football league. I love reading about potential transfers in the non-league paper. Trying to find players I remember. I love watching the football league show. I love watching MOTD, I love watching as many games as possible!! Do I agree with the money being spent then no, I hate that bit. It's really really shit. But when it 11v11 on the pitch wether it be Southport v Macclesfield or The Manc derby, I love it and can honestly say I'd never, ever lose interest in watching football.

I love non league football. Went to a game last week (Brackley v FCUM) and may go to one today local to me. It has reignited my love of the game. My interest is waning in top flight football. The players cheating and moaning all the time. The conduct of the clubs, the obscene amounts of money etc. There is not a lot to like about it now. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Mjvilla said:

How old you, if you don't mind me asking? I used to be like this, but the last few years of football have really changed me. I can honestly say I now only watch Villa, and even that is through stubbornness and love for the club. 

As for transfers, I think we'll maybe make one or two loan signings at the end of the window. But I expect a few more to leave. 

3 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

How old you, if you don't mind me asking? I used to be like this, but the last few years of football have really changed me. I can honestly say I now only watch Villa, and even that is through stubbornness and love for the club. 

As for transfers, I think we'll maybe make one or two loan signings at the end of the window. But I expect a few more to leave. 

I'm getting on now. I'm 31. And I still hold a huge love for the game. I have 2 young kids and they have both started enjoying it too! My attitude is, who cares if these clubs want to waste there money on shite. It's not my money. 11 v 11 on the pitch is the bit that matters and I still love watching that bit!! 

• Like 3