Transfer Speculation Summer 2017

Villan4Life

2 minutes ago, Jareth said:

So if we signed another Kodjia, someone who was worth the money, surely that would be a good idea? I'm all up for never getting another Mcoremack ever ever again, but I would still want the club to take some risks to improve us. 

Sure.

Our last attempt on this was/is Hogan.

Is he already discarded? 

Our biggest problem is that the rest of the team (Defense, but mainly midfield) doesn't contribute enough with scoring.

This need to change, and a new striker would only mask this. Not solve it. IMO

The best signing we could make is bringing in an attack coach or a new assistant to help Bruce create a way of playing in possession.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

If Samba is the answer I don't even want to know the question!

Who can turn slightly faster than the USS Nimitz?

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, Supervillan78 said:

I'd love another striker.

McCormack's unlikely to play for us again, Kodjia's still injured, Gabby has never been prolific, Hogan's lacking confidence and RHM's untested. So that just leaves us with Samba so...

This ^^^^^ can't believe people are surprised at another striker link. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Supervillan78 said:

I'd love another striker.

McCormack's unlikely to play for us again, Kodjia's still injured, Gabby has never been prolific, Hogan's lacking confidence and RHM's untested. So that just leaves us with Samba so...

Davis?

3 hours ago, GREAT_BEARD_OF_ZEUS said:

Very interesting!

Could he be referring to Sam Gallagher? Plenty of Shearer similarities with him.

Makes sense, we need a more physical fwd without Kodja avaialble. Gabby can't last 90 mins and Davis doesn't appear ready for this level.

Would love Sam Gallagher. 

I think we need another one and it wouldn't surprise me. Just watched the villa view interview with Wyness and he must have said the word goals about 10 times. He said we need to score 70-80 goals this season 

I really hope we are after another. 

No idea when kodjia will be 100% and Hogan is not the guaranteed goal scorer we need at the moment 

5 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Davis?

nowhere near ready yet for a big role with us, based on the limited bits and bobs I've seen. I know it was only 20 minutes on Wednesday night, but he needs regular games on loan I think. 

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, sne said:

There is of course the option that most other Championships are doing by buying players from other leagues that are much cheaper, but potentially a gamble that may or may not pay off.

I'm all for that.

But getting in another expensive Championship striker, or an rotation PL player on massive wages and a 3-5 year contract, I just don't want us to do that, again.

That could be an interesting idea, i'd like to see that one followed up a bit more

5 hours ago, Villan4Life said:

We would never get Chris Wood. Brighton have offered £12mil for him and Beskitas are planning offer £20mil for him

What?! I'm pretty sure Brighton sold him when they were in the championship. 

3 hours ago, sne said:

Sure.

Our last attempt on this was/is Hogan.

Is he already discarded? 

Nope - but we can hardly pin our promotion hopes on him - he isn't proven here and if we can go pick up someone Bruce knows, and who scores a lot at this level (Hernandez) that's as safe a bet as you can have and gives us serious depth in that position which is what we need if we want promotion. 

• Like 1

I am not sure of the ability of some of these target men we can attract.....but a younger version of Glenn Murray would be my call.

who ever that could be?

I'm just digging the tin hat out of the shed in readiness, but if he could prove his fitness, I'd have a look at Rickie Lambert. He'd be a decent cheap option from the bench on a one year deal. Struggled badly for match fitness last year, but still got 4 in 13. 

Unless there's a wonderkid out there in the lower leagues, I wouldn't be looking to pay decent money for a forward, until we are promoted (or not, in which case we'll probably have to buy one to replace JK if he has another season like the last). 

1 minute ago, TRO said:

Mark Albrighton for winger.....can we ask for him back for what we received for him.

just watching his crosses.....unreal.

:angry:

Frustrating isn't it? He went to my high school too, a few years after me though as I'm over the hill.