Transfer Speculation Summer 2017

Villan4Life

2 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

No. Just no.

This self loathing/self critical stuff is just rubbish, sorry it is. I blame O'Leary. 

Our fans are no different to any other set of fans.

Preach!

It seems to be very fashionable at the moment to blame our fan base / crowd for the lack of team success and I'm getting bored of hearing it.

The vast majority of Villa fans are class and I can't believe that the rest have a big enough voice to negatively influence the team in such a way. Next excuse

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, villaglint said:

Never heard of him but obligatory YouTube video slicing together his best bits makes him look exciting. Could be the Tonev of 2017 which is something to get the pulses racing! 

Not sure about the player but that kit looks **** ace!

Yeah, let's send shockwaves around the football world and poach a world class manager instead, offer enough money and I'm sure you'd get a long list of top managers who would fancy the challenge and prestige of making this club great again, it surely can't be the hard to attract them here.

55 minutes ago, Tommo_b said:

Yeah, let's send shockwaves around the football world and poach a world class manager instead, offer enough money and I'm sure you'd get a long list of top managers who would fancy the challenge and prestige of making this club great again, it surely can't be the hard to attract them here.

No 'world class' manager is coming near this club for a very long time. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

No 'world class' manager is coming near this club for a very long time. 

If a relegated Newcastle with Mike Ashley in charge can tempt Rafa Benitez then i'd say we stand half a chance.  It'll be down to whether we want to spend the money on one.

Whether the people in charge of the club  are capable of spotting a world class manager is another question!

13 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

No. Just no.

This self loathing/self critical stuff is just rubbish, sorry it is. I blame O'Leary. 

Our fans are no different to any other set of fans.

I disagree - I think our fans are both a lot better and occasionally worse than other fans.

A lot of it (certainly recent years) has been because we see ourselves as a club that belongs higher up the football pyramid - or, rather, we "should be" top half Premier League. Failings over a reasonable period of time have, naturally, affected the fans.

We're not the same as other clubs. Our fans travel incredibly well, when the Holte is going we make a **** din and, at the same time, we're pretty quick to turn these days. 

It's understandable, I'm not particularly knocking it, but it's all part of the problem we're facing. The same way that, if everything was going swimmingly, I'm sure the fans would be part of that too. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, GREAT_BEARD_OF_ZEUS said:

If a relegated Newcastle with Mike Ashley in charge can tempt Rafa Benitez then i'd say we stand half a chance.  It'll be down to whether we want to spend the money on one.

Whether the people in charge of the club  are capable of spotting a world class manager is another question!

He joined them in the premier league to be fair, and in the scheme of things I'd hardly call him world class. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bobzy said:

I disagree - I think our fans are both a lot better and occasionally worse than other fans.

A lot of it (certainly recent years) has been because we see ourselves as a club that belongs higher up the football pyramid - or, rather, we "should be" top half Premier League. Failings over a reasonable period of time have, naturally, affected the fans.

We're not the same as other clubs. Our fans travel incredibly well, when the Holte is going we make a **** din and, at the same time, we're pretty quick to turn these days. 

It's understandable, I'm not particularly knocking it, but it's all part of the problem we're facing. The same way that, if everything was going swimmingly, I'm sure the fans would be part of that too. 

I agree for the most part though I think we do turn quicker against the team than other clubs when things aren't going well. This lessens our chances of winning from behind etc.

The past few years have clearly influenced  this as we never used to do it but it has had the effect of creating a downward cycle which makes it harder for the players.

I'm obviously not blaming all issues on this though!

Edited by decamoto