Transfer Speculation Summer 2017

Villan4Life

49 minutes ago, choffer said:

Just asked a well-connected Hammer in the office. Without prompting, the response was as bolded above, followed by "He's been nothing but pony since he arrived".

Even I could afford the £25 to purchase him then..

I reckon wages might be a factor though. 

Just now, lapal_fan said:

Even I could afford the £25 to purchase him then..

I reckon wages might be a factor though. 

I believe in this instance, "pony" is East-End vernacular for not very good. I sincerely  hope this clears up any confusion, old chap.

• Like 2

Daily Mail linking us to Rhodes as well as Snodgrass. Don't trust that rag at all, but if we can move Mcoremack on and bring in Rhodes - that would be just swell. 

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4774726/Aston-Villa-eyeing-West-Ham-s-Robert-Snodgrass.html

• 29-year-old midfielder Robert Snodgrass only joined West Ham last season
  • However, the Hammers are open to offers for the Scotland international
  • Aston Villa would have to sign him on an initial loan with view to permanent deal
  • Villa are also among the clubs to hold an interest in striker Jordan Rhodes 

1 minute ago, Jareth said:

Daily Mail linking us to Rhodes as well as Snodgrass. Don't trust that rag at all, but if we can move Mcoremack on and bring in Rhodes - that would be just swell. 

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4774726/Aston-Villa-eyeing-West-Ham-s-Robert-Snodgrass.html

• 29-year-old midfielder Robert Snodgrass only joined West Ham last season
  • However, the Hammers are open to offers for the Scotland international
  • Aston Villa would have to sign him on an initial loan with view to permanent deal
  • Villa are also among the clubs to hold an interest in striker Jordan Rhodes 

Not sure it would! 3 goals in 21 appearances for SW!

5 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

It's not a case of we don't have the money. That makes it sound like the cupboards are bare.

I believe it's more a case of we're not allowed to spend the money we have because of FFP.

Happy to be corrected though.

Sadly it looks that way. This FFP seems to only impact on the likes of us where the likes of PSG and others are it seems free to spend cash like it is going out of fashion.   

13 minutes ago, John said:

Sadly it looks that way. This FFP seems to only impact on the likes of us where the likes of PSG and others are it seems free to spend cash like it is going out of fashion.   

PSG Have the Qatar Sovereign Wealth fund to fall back on.

Slight mismatch.

22 minutes ago, TRO said:

would prefer Glenn Murray

Would be a good signing. Would have been a better one last year when he was unwanted at Palace and we were splashing out millions on McCormack and Kodjia.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Snodgrass linked again. Id be happy with a loan but definitely not full time. he is 29 we have enough 30+ players in the squad. 

Definitely. Way too many players 30+ in the squad without Snodgrass not adding to that number. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1