Transfer Speculation Summer 2017

Villan4Life

15 hours ago, alreadyexists said:

That game he got sent off in he was MOTM... not that he was often that good, but I think Bacuna's "champions league" comments really didn't do much for him from a fan point of view. He's not very good, but we've had worse players in the past few years (for e.g. Karim El Ahmadi, Simon Dawkins, Yacouba Sylla, Libor Kozak). 

Wouldn't be too upset if he left though, but if he stays that's fine too.

I'd disagree that two of those were worse (for us), and you could argue about the third. 

Just now, HanoiVillan said:

I'd disagree that two of those were worse (for us), and you could argue about the third. 

Really? El Ahmadi was poor, hardworking but really poor, Simon Dawkins was crap, Sylla was garbage and Kozak scored a couple of times and then got written off never to run again. Ah, it's all opinion but I don't think any of those were better than Bacuna.

4 hours ago, Dick said:

I'd take Crouch in a heartbeat. Need experience upfront, and somebody who has decent movement. As long as we play the ball to his feet for him to hold and lay off.... I remember his heading skills last time here!

always been an underrated player IMO

His ungamely posture is probably the culprit for that......in terms of effect, good player.

• Like 3

Crouch would only work if we are to play a more possession based style of football with the ball a lot around the opponents goal area.

He is monumentally slow (like a lot of our players) and will not IMO work very well as an isolated striker or as someone expected to hassle the opponents defense going up and down the field. 

• Like 1

Crouch...haven't seen much of him the last couple of years, but may not be the worst thing based on today. Elmo looked keen to get crosses in, Taylor was trying to overlap a bit on the left...and it may stop us having to resort to Samba as the big man up top!

Other slight reservation is that he suffered, like many, with being worse at Villa than many other places he played 

Just now, mrjc said:

Crouch...haven't seen much of him the last couple of years, but may not be the worst thing based on today. Elmo looked keen to get crosses in, Taylor was trying to overlap a bit on the left...and it may stop us having to resort to Samba as the big man up top!

Other slight reservation is that he suffered, like many, with being worse at Villa than many other places he played 

Oh, but doubt his wages will be small...

Crouch would be ideal because he can play with his back to goal, he's good with his feet and has the obvious aerial threat. He'd be a great option off the bench and a decent starter in some games. 

I think he could work with Hogan. Like Quinn and Philips for Sunderland back in the day. 

• Like 1

After yesterday I really hope we don't buy a target man.

Have a horrible vision of us playing a 4-4-2 with Hutton as our play maker, with Elmo and Gabby on the flanks and Jedi & Whelan sitting deep protecting the back 4 watching balls hoofed far above their heads towards an immobile target man who once in a while hopefully will get the ball to Kodijas feet who will then have to try and score against the entire opposing team because everyone will know that is exactly how we will play.

Really hope we don't buy a target man.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Mantis said:

We've been linked with Joe Lolley. Would be absolutely mad seeing a VT'er playing for Villa.

Didn't some of the lads on here play with him in a VT five-a-side team? Would be incredible to see him in a Villa shirt, fingers crossed.