Transfer Speculation Summer 2017

Villan4Life

3 hours ago, Villan4Life said:

Bruce has been on record as saying he wants another striker as we don't score enough.

Probably because we're not set up to do so, more than a lack of players who can score. Pointless signing goalscorers if we're not set up right. Hogan can and will score but not by by-passing the midfield and going 3 at the back. Build attacks in the deck and attack as a unit with cohesion and purpose and the lines of Hourihane, Green, Hogan, Davies, Lansbury, Snodgrass, Adomah and Onomah will bag goals.

Players miss chances, the best in the game miss more chances than they'll put away (Aguero misses many for example). The key is to keep creating rather than hoping for a high percentage of goals to chances ratio. 

Edited by Wezbid
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Bunnski said:

Sign Everyone!

Gary-Oldman-Yelling-Everyone-Leon-The-Pr

Brucey & Wyness's masterplan is buy so many players that other teams in the league can only field 7/8 people and we win easily.

(Or maybe scrape a 1-0).

Edited by TheAuthority
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, TrentVilla said:

Bruce shouldn't be allowed to sign anyone else, he hasn't a clue what to do with the players he has already got/signed.

Tad bit late for this plan!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

Bruce shouldn't be allowed to sign anyone else, he hasn't a clue what to do with the players he has already got/signed.

Look forward to Snodgrass playing as deep lying playmaker. 

10 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

If he is going to go for a striker id go for gayle on loan. Different to our current strikers and at this level is a animal. I reckon he will end up at Sunderland or hull though 

No way newcastle would let him join Sunderland .

9 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

And me but I'm happy with what we've done

As controversial as this may be, I'm actually not happy with our transfer window at all, despite not having a great issue with any one signing overall*

Over the summer we weakened our defence, went short termism with a lot of decisions and haven't strengthened our weak areas appropriately, or at least with a defined plan 

Firstly, definitely from a starting XI point of view, we were stronger without Terry and Samba. One may bring other attributes* but has broken up a perfectly acceptable partnership for this level and has made our defence a particular target for strikers in this division. Bruce has also left the left back position lacking depth.

Then Bruce has bought Elmo to cover a role which was quite strong with Adomah. Then replaced him with Snodgrass. Lack of planning. Then in midfield he bought Whelen to cover Jedinak? What's Onomah's role then? And, once again, what's the plan with the left hand side?

Upfront we've stumbled across Davis but he is unlikely to be reliable at this age and have injured duo of Hogan and Kodjia. If McCormack isn't an option then we're only playing one up front and even then have question marks in this area.

So whilst I have no issue with the signings exactly, I think they haven't fulfilled our needs from last season and there is far too much of the square pegs and round holes going on. So no, not happy with our business really. 

*Terry signing was a mistake, but I've discussed that in appropriate thread.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, jackbauer24 said:

As controversial as this may be, I'm actually not happy with our transfer window at all, despite not having a great issue with any one signing overall*

Over the summer we weakened our defence, went short termism with a lot of decisions and haven't strengthened our weak areas appropriately, or at least with a defined plan 

Firstly, definitely from a starting XI point of view, we were stronger without Terry and Samba. One may bring other attributes* but has broken up a perfectly acceptable partnership for this level and has made our defence a particular target for strikers in this division. Bruce has also left the left back position lacking depth.

Then Bruce has bought Elmo to cover a role which was quite strong with Adomah. Then replaced him with Snodgrass. Lack of planning. Then in midfield he bought Whelen to cover Jedinak? What's Onomah's role then? And, once again, what's the plan with the left hand side?

Upfront we've stumbled across Davis but he is unlikely to be reliable at this age and have injured duo of Hogan and Kodjia. If McCormack isn't an option then we're only playing one up front and even then have question marks in this area.

So whilst I have no issue with the signings exactly, I think they haven't fulfilled our needs from last season and there is far too much of the square pegs and round holes going on. So no, not happy with our business really. 

*Terry signing was a mistake, but I've discussed that in appropriate thread.

Fair enough, I can't really argue with any of that and I can see where you're coming from but I think the squad has depth and quality in abundance, whether it's enough to get out of this league remains to be seen