Transfer Speculation Summer 2017

Villan4Life

If Snodgrass is confirmed this afternoon does that end the 'in' part of the transfer window for us?

That would take us to three loans (Johnstone, Onomah and Snodgrass) are we allowed any more? Certainly won't be buying anyone. Not that it's a problem, think we have all we should need for a playoff challenge with good management (not good enough for automatic).

Just need to sell a few of them now.

10 minutes ago, jackbauer24 said:

If Snodgrass is confirmed this afternoon does that end the 'in' part of the transfer window for us?

That would take us to three loans (Johnstone, Onomah and Snodgrass) are we allowed any more? Certainly won't be buying anyone. Not that it's a problem, think we have all we should need for a playoff challenge with good management (not good enough for automatic).

We'd still need a left back cover but even without that we've got a squad up there as one of the best in the league and one I think is good enough for automatic. The only thing holding it back is the manager. If Kodija comes back like last year he will kick us on just at the right time. 

5 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Oh I think he would have been ok in this league. I agree there. 

But I'll stick by my opinion of how he played in the prem for us. 

**** toilet. 

his performances for celtic only reinforce my opinion of him, he robbed us of £60k a week whilst phoning in performances, he was lazy as **** and couldnt be bothered, not just him but the gang of players like him are the reason we are where we are

i dont think he would be ok in this league, i think his mentality if anything would be worse

3 hours ago, jackbauer24 said:

Not sure I agree with the Villa squad now not being good enough for automatic promotion. Personally I think it's plenty good enough already with Snod coming in to improve it further. In fact I think its the most talented squad seen in the Championship for some years with the perfect mix of talented youth and experience hence why expectations levels are so high (rightly so) and with so much pressure on Bruce from the start of this season. 

• Like 4

No more signings now please...we are in danger of making a 3rd new team in 3 Windows, that won't work as the other 2 didn't!

The squad is more than good enough now, just need time to settle!

in an ideal world now I'd like to see 4 or 5 exits, we are far to bloated now

1 hour ago, Jareth said:

Must go's: 

elphick

mcoremack

gardner

richards

hutton

All we need to do is to find clubs that want to take them off our hands without us continuing to pay most of their wages and with us getting a fair/realistic price for the likes of Gardner, Hutton and McCormack. That is the tricky bit.   

1 hour ago, John said:

All we need to do is to find clubs that want to take them off our hands without us continuing to pay most of their wages and with us getting a fair/realistic price for the likes of Gardner, Hutton and McCormack. That is the tricky bit.   

What would you consider to be a fair price for Gardner and hutton ? 

I think we'd be lucky to a million for either of them .