Transfer Speculation Summer 2017

Villan4Life

Bruce has signed 2 RW this window when we've been crying out for an AM. From what I've see no of Elmohamady he's not as good as Adomah so he's a pointless signing.  Jota going to Blues for £6m is good business but  He's exactly what we need. On the plus side he won't be able to rip us apart next game!! We've made some good signings this window but so far it's left me really uninspired. I'm not sure though if that's more to do with Bruce. The DR says 2/3 maybe 4/5 transfers today hopefully we will finish with a flurry. Hijack Jota and sign an attacking LB 

21 minutes ago, dn1982 said:

Bruce has signed 2 RW this window when we've been crying out for an AM. From what I've see no of Elmohamady he's not as good as Adomah so he's a pointless signing.  Jota going to Blues for £6m is good business but  He's exactly what we need. On the plus side he won't be able to rip us apart next game!! We've made some good signings this window but so far it's left me really uninspired. I'm not sure though if that's more to do with Bruce. The DR says 2/3 maybe 4/5 transfers today hopefully we will finish with a flurry. Hijack Jota and sign an attacking LB 

I think they will almost all be outs , we may get one in if lucky .

5 minutes ago, KHV said:

I think we are going to struggle to get rid of the people we want to

Absolutely - the likes of Richards will be on decent wages and in no rush to move and if we do move some out on loan we will probably end up paying a chunk of their wages - depending on ffp we may need to lose a player we'd rather have kept ahead of some we'd prefer to get rid of - similar to baker , it would not surprise me if adomah were to depart today .

39 minutes ago, dn1982 said:

Totally agree with you mate.

Jota is exactly the kind of player we need and is a steal at £6m. Would have preferred him to Elmohamady and Snodgrass any day.

5 minutes ago, villarocker said:

With Bruce on holiday in Portugal, is it really likely for us to sign anyone else?

What?? He's gone on holiday during one of the most important days in the football calendar? shocked. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Trickster said:

Jota to Birmingham off apparently, couldn't agree personal terms.

Arry will just set him up with his accountant and something will be sorted. 

Offer him £20k a week, which after tax is £80k per week. 

51 minutes ago, villarocker said:

With Bruce on holiday in Portugal, is it really likely for us to sign anyone else?

Someone from Benfica, Porto, Sporting or the Faroe Islands perhaps? :D

58 minutes ago, villarocker said:

Jota is exactly the kind of player we need and is a steal at £6m. Would have preferred him to Elmohamady and Snodgrass any day.

Agreed the price is right but could it be that we may not either have £6m available to spend or be able to spend £6m currently (due to FFP)? 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Id have taken a hit and taken 6m for mccormack if we could get jota for 6m. They have more attacking strikers than we do as it stands

I'd be surprised if we got £6m for mccormack to be honest .

• Like 1