Transfer Speculation Summer 2017

Villan4Life

12 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Just read the story.

He would probably do well in France, there was a random Chelsea rumour about a month ago too.

I don't think he would because he's shite. Also the random Chelsea rumour was most likely made up, probably by him or his agent. If they wanted him they would have signed him, but I suspect they never wanted him, because he's shite.

Hopefully another 4 or 5 players in for Bruce bringing the squad to over 40 players. That way he's sure to never run out of random formations, line ups and terrible substitutions which keep us all so entertained. It's much more fun than being good.

Edited by villa89
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, villa89 said:

I don't think he would because he's shite. Also the random Chelsea rumour was most likely made up, probably by him or his agent. If they wanted him they would have signed him, but I suspect they never wanted him, because he's shite.

Hopefully another 4 or 5 players in for Bruce bringing the squad to over 40 players. That way he's sure to never run out of random formations, line ups and terrible substitutions which keep us all so entertained. It's much more fun than being good.

Think 52 would be the perfect number + a few jokers.

The he could just re-shuffle the deck and try another hand until we finally win or are out of money.

Then he, Gabby and Terry could go and hit the sluts.

Edit: That should possibly be slots...

Edited by sne

6 hours ago, omariqy said:

Look forward to Snodgrass playing as deep lying playmaker. 

Apparently Snodgrass left because Bilic wouldn't play him in his right position, and he says of his move to Villa

“This is the reason why I’ve come here.

“I’ve got a manager who knows what I’m about.

“He’s signed me for a lot of money at Hull. To get the best out of any player you need to play them in their right position, it’s as simple as that.”

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jackbauer24 said:

As controversial as this may be, I'm actually not happy with our transfer window at all, despite not having a great issue with any one signing overall*

Over the summer we weakened our defence, went short termism with a lot of decisions and haven't strengthened our weak areas appropriately, or at least with a defined plan 

Firstly, definitely from a starting XI point of view, we were stronger without Terry and Samba. One may bring other attributes* but has broken up a perfectly acceptable partnership for this level and has made our defence a particular target for strikers in this division. Bruce has also left the left back position lacking depth.

Then Bruce has bought Elmo to cover a role which was quite strong with Adomah. Then replaced him with Snodgrass. Lack of planning. Then in midfield he bought Whelen to cover Jedinak? What's Onomah's role then? And, once again, what's the plan with the left hand side?

Upfront we've stumbled across Davis but he is unlikely to be reliable at this age and have injured duo of Hogan and Kodjia. If McCormack isn't an option then we're only playing one up front and even then have question marks in this area.

So whilst I have no issue with the signings exactly, I think they haven't fulfilled our needs from last season and there is far too much of the square pegs and round holes going on. So no, not happy with our business really. 

*Terry signing was a mistake, but I've discussed that in appropriate thread.

I have to disagree, overall I think the signings have been excellent and is one area that Bruce shouldn't be criticised (how he uses them is an entirely different discussion). 

Yes I agree we could do with a replacement lb. 

I don't agree that Baker leaving has weakened the squad, I think once settled down Terry and Chester will be a formidable partnership. We obviously hate to make sales this summer and with an offer coming in for Baker neither is nor him at his age and wanting first team football could reject it. 

For whatever reason Bruce obviously didn't like Adomah, Elmohadamy is a very good addition. He is known to the manager, he offers a good outlay, and can put in a good ball. Him and Adomah will both play a fair bit this season and will both get assists.

Snodgrass I think was too good to turn down. We probably didn't need him, but I think we'll see him play in the number 10 position and he'll do well.

Whelan breaks up play well and probably can distribute the ball better than Jedinak. Plus we saw last year without Jedinak how we suffered, so we needed cover for there. 

Onomah adds energy and drive into the midfield. God knows we were crying out for someone like him all last season (and longer).

Davis played last season under Bruce so it's not like he was an unknown quantity. It looks like our strongest formation is only one striker with a number 10 behind. So one of Kodjia, Hogan, Davis and on the odd rarity gabby, is more than enough there.

Yes we may be a bit light on the left, but we still have Green, Bjarnasson, Grealish, Kodjia and Adomah who can all go there.

Realistically apart from left back we have at least 2 good options in every position. For me the squad is the best it has been for years and by far the best in the league.

The only downsight of the window is that we haven't got rid of enough, but hopefully the next couple of days may see more leaving.

• Like 1

https://thisisfutbol.com/2017/08/blogs/aston-villa-battling-reading-for-dutch-born-speed-machine-gyasi/

Steve Bruce is reportedly rivalling Championship promotion contenders Reading in an attempt to lure Aalesund FK speed machine Edwin Gyasi to Aston Villa.

Ghana Soccer Net claim that the 26-year-old has been the subject of an enquiry from Jaap Stam’s Reading, after Gyasi was handed his first international call-up to Ghana’s national side.

However, the Dutch-born winger is also being tracked by Bruce’s side, with Reading expected to make an offer for the goalscoring attacker before the end of the transfer window on Thursday.

Naturally a right-midfielder, Gyasi has shone in the top tier of Norwegian football this season, scoring four goals and providing three assists in 19 league games for Aalesund.

This Is Futbol examines how signing the winger will improve Aston Villa, and whether a deal is likely to be confirmed before Thursday with Gyasi currently with the Ghana national team as they face Congo on Friday.

:blink:

Just now, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Probably, it also seems they are moonwalking, no wonder it's taking so long!

Yes, the guy leaving is obviously heading the wrong way, not heeding the signs... (insert your own Villa joke here).

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Tayls said:

What's with the Chinese character though? Does that symbol translate to anything? (Apologies for the ignorance) 

Full (as in full capacity) / No vacancy. 

• Like 1