Transfer Speculation Summer 2017

Villan4Life

5 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

Moussa Dembele could have scored 98 league goals last season and I would still have my doubts about signing him tbfh.

I believe he turned down Spurs to move to Celtic (more regular football). Marseille apparently registered an interest at the weekend.

I think it's fair to say he's done this time in the championship so a completely unrealistic option but would be a very exciting one to look at next summer if we go up and he's still in Scotland.

On ‎21‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 22:16, Demitri_C said:

I think Samba will be on peanuts wages tbh cant see the other two being on large wages. if lets say sanchez was paid 40k per week and these 3 are on 50k a week it still represents better business for the club compared to what we were at. 

include Kozak leaving which aids your argument of wages...

• Like 1

14 hours ago, lexicon said:

He's also a petulant, vile, goblin-faced chav. Wouldn't want him anywhere near the club. 

I quite genuinely believe that he is absolutely no better than Lansbury or Hourihane. I've not once seen him do anything impressive. Sucked at arsenal, sucked for England, sucked for Bournemouth, he just isn't a good player.

I would also add he's the kind of over-priced, over-paid, unfit "exciting" name we've had our fingers burned by over and over again.

Edited by Spoony
  • Like 2

24 minutes ago, Spoony said:

I quite genuinely believe that he is absolutely no better than Lansbury or Hourihane. I've not once seen him do anything impressive. Sucked at arsenal, sucked for England, sucked for Bournemouth, he just isn't a good player.

I would also add he's the kind of over-priced, over-paid, unfit "exciting" name we've had our fingers burned by over and over again.

and he smokes. which is a dirty, dirty habit.

Genuinely though, when he broke through in the arsenal team I thought he was a really exciting talent, and there undoubtedly some ability there. However, he just seems physically not up to the rigors of a full season of professional football for one reason or another. Shame really

• Like 1

Wilshere was a brilliant talent, but watching him at Bournemouth he is just a plodder now. Cannot get across the pitch at all. There weren't many midfielders better than him at picking up the ball in the middle of the park, committing people, taking them out the game and driving forward. Bloody shame what has become of him.

I agree though, he is a little gobshite.

1 minute ago, alreadyexists said:

Veretout off for £6m!? That sounds like a pretty good deal for us. 

Let's just spend it straightaway!

Down payment on Benteke. If that happened, I don't know how I would react.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, villan-scott said:

This guy is fairly reliable. Says we are willing to pay 7m for him. Veretout funds it apparently. 

He only joined West Ham in January, I highly doubt we'll be signing him because of this

Max Jacobs has been found out to be another schoolkid several times over the last year. He pretended to be the guy in his picture for ages until someone found out that it's some Italian model. 

Just now, omariqy said:

Max Jacobs has been found out to be another schoolkid several times over the last year. He pretended to be the guy in his picture for ages until someone found out that it's some Italian model. 

But Max Jacobs - it sounds so real and credible, if I were an international agent I would want to be called Max Jacobs. #WelcomeSnodgrass!

• Like 1