17/18 Promotion Charge

dont_do_it_doug.

11 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Really important we don't botch this next month up.

4 home games.

5 games against teams likely to be bottom half at the end of the season.

I'm expecting 4 wins which would get us on the edge of the top 6.

Steve Bruce was all chipper after the Norwich game but he could easily be back under serious pressure again especially if we mess up the two home games coming up.

we just need wins Chris.....I know its stone blind obvious, but it washes away so much negativity, thats not having a pop at anyone, just a truism.

No chance of promotion. We are so far away from being a good side, never mind a team with can gain 80+ points in 40 games. We've shown nothing in the first 6 games to suggest anything different. We've been played off the park by pretty much every team this season. None of it makes sense. We've got a manager who has been promoted 4 times and a strong team. How can we look so poor?

• Like 1

Quite staggering to see we are already 10 points behind the top team after a paltry 6 games.

It's basically a repeat of last seasons dismal start but with a worse football style. Our form needs to turn within the next three games if we are realistically gonna have a pop at it this season.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, danceoftheshamen said:

Quite staggering to see we are already 10 points behind the top team after a paltry 6 games.

It's basically a repeat of last seasons dismal start but with a worse football style. Our form needs to turn within the next three games if we are realistically gonna have a pop at it this season.

There is a fundamental problem and it doesn't seem to be going away.

we sign new players and new managers and still it persists..

not sure what more to say

2 hours ago, Zatman said:

was a time when we just plodded along and became a boring Premier League club who nobody cared or paid attention to. 4 or 5 years later and luckily we are trying the same routine but in Championship 

tragically you are right....that took some taking in today.

2 minutes ago, TRO said:

tragically you are right....that took some taking in today.

Knowing the pressure was on and the need to perform and get a result I find the performance inexplicable .

quite why we set up with one striker at home  against a team 2nd bottom and winless this season I have no idea .

There was no tempo or drive whatsoever - has Bruce lost the dressing room ? 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Eastie said:

Knowing the pressure was on and the need to perform and get a result I find the performance inexplicable .

quite why we set up with one striker at home  against a team 2nd bottom and winless this season I have no idea .

There was no tempo or drive whatsoever - has Bruce lost the dressing room ? 

And after a break too, in which time they've had all that time to prep on working to a "plan" on what to do in the Brentford game to finish convincingly having beaten an inferior team for three points. 

Did I say "plan" ?? What a massive failure. Again. 

Despite Bruce still being here like a turd that won't flush, I was really looking forward to today just to get our fixtures going again and yet again, points dropped and alarm bells ringing. 

Quite simply if we cannot beat Brentford, at home, after a break with all that prep time, we have little hope at promotion, no signs of ever producing the required manner or consistency of a promotion-chasing team. 

Rest In Pieces - here lies Aston Villa's 2017/2018 "promotion charge"

• Like 1

Never thought we would trouble the top 6 this season but I thought we would do a bit better than this. Quite why anyone who watched us play at the back end of last season, would have us down as promotion candidates is truly beyond me. It seems that the "negative" fans have been proven right yet again. 

If we are to challenge for even a top 12 finish this season, never mind top 6, then so much has to change. Starting with the manager. We are going nowhere under him and the longer we stay down in Championship, the harder it will be to get back up. Get comfortable in this league lads, because I fear we are going to be in it for a very long time.

Edited by One For The Road

23 minutes ago, One For The Road said:

Never thought we would trouble the top 6 this season but I thought we would do a bit better than this. Quite why anyone who watched us play at the back end of last season, would have us down as promotion candidates is truly beyond me.

Because all he needed was a preseason, apparently

22 minutes ago, romavillan said:

18th, 8 points off second after 6 games. Where's the relegation thread again?

Don't look down it's frightening, we're just 2 points away from the relegation places. Thank goodness he had a preseason, can you imagine the trouble we'd be in now without it?

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, clip on mullet said:

No chance of promotion. We are so far away from being a good side, never mind a team with can gain 80+ points in 40 games. We've shown nothing in the first 6 games to suggest anything different. We've been played off the park by pretty much every team this season. None of it makes sense. We've got a manager who has been promoted 4 times and a strong team. How can we look so poor?

Its unbelievable isnt it. 

How can we spend £40 million on strikers (in the Championship!) and be starting a kid upfront on his own who has never scored a goal for us.

If this thread is to remain open then we need a very quick change in management.

1 win in 8 league games is surely enough to warrant that change?

• Like 1